Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm losing it here: I have a PrPrPr $Classic$ ($webOS$ $1$.$45$) $with$ $a$ $Palm$ $profile$. $The$ $phone$ $is$ $activated$ $in$ $the$ $Netherlands$, $so$ $I$ $do$'$n$ $t$ $have$ $access$ $to$ $paid$ $apps$...$Using$ $the$ $same$ $profile$ $on$ $a$ $new$ $bought$ $TP$ $has$ $the$ $risk$ $of$ $losing$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $paid$ $apps$ $on$ $the$ $TP$ $as$ $well$? $Or$ $is$ $the$ $profile$ $independent$ $from$ $country$ $of$ $activation$?
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    I'm losing it here: I have a PrPrPr $Classic$ ($webOS$ $1$.$45$) $with$ $a$ $Palm$ $profile$. $The$ $phone$ $is$ $activated$ $in$ $the$ $Netherlands$, $so$ $I$ $do$'$n$ $t$ $have$ $access$ $to$ $paid$ $apps$...$Using$ $the$ $same$ $profile$ $on$ $a$ $new$ $bought$ $TP$ $has$ $the$ $risk$ $of$ $losing$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $paid$ $apps$ $on$ $the$ $TP$ $as$ $well$? $Or$ $is$ $the$ $profile$ $independent$ $from$ $country$ $of$ $activation$?
    In your case I think your best bet would be to create a new profile. You shouldn't have a problem with your old profile (new app cat is said to be worldwide), but you have nothing to lose by creating a new one (since you currently don't have paid apps on your profile).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    If AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint would just sign off on it, then we would have access to the WebOS 2 apps on the store.
    Currently (as of last app cat update), devices prior to the Pre 2 cannot access WebOS 2.x apps regardless of the software version they are running.

App submissions update has unintended consequence of locking out older phones on 2.1 | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I still think after logging into my profile on the site, it shows each device & its OS. And each access apps accordingly as available to its OS. I remember member hardbeatz that worked for palm said using 1 profile across multiple devices would be very important. I can't imagine logging into the touchpad then the phone just logging me out on my sprint device.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    for what it's worth, i asked and actually got an answer, sort of:
    Touchpad and 1.4.5.x - Support Community

as far as why haven't we meta doctored to 2.1, i've tried the doctor won't run. from my reading i gather i have to do the emergency recovery which involves messing with my "tokens." and i never really understood the instructions on how to repair my "tokens."
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    for what it's worth, i asked and actually got an answer, sort of:
    Touchpad and 1.4.5.x - Support Community

as far as why haven't we meta doctored to 2.1, i've tried the doctor won't run. from my reading i gather i have to do the emergency recovery which involves messing with my "tokens." and i never really understood the instructions on how to repair my "tokens."
    I have had thought about meta dring to 2.x, then I remembered I own a 2+ year old device and maybe I should upgrade....

Nothing against the folks that will go thru the hassles, I'll go thru the hassle of switching carriers and owning a new device.
    Here what I know, this is an important question. This isn't doom and gloom. I left my Pre with Wifi on, Phone Radio off (Pre was stuck in headphone mode). Signed in to my profile on a Pixi, within 2 mins. my Pre received a wipe command from Palm. I have everything on Google, except my time tracking app, password locker, expense reports, all were wiped and I couldn't stop the hard reset. So yes, we need this answer. I called Palm and they said it will not effect the Pre-. Not sure he really knew though. Chat support says they are not aloud to discuss unreleased devices. I mean really?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Here what I know, this is an important question. This isn't doom and gloom. I left my Pre with Wifi on, Phone Radio off (Pre was stuck in headphone mode). Signed in to my profile on a Pixi, within 2 mins. my Pre received a wipe command from Palm. I have everything on Google, except my time tracking app, password locker, expense reports, all were wiped and I couldn't stop the hard reset. So yes, we need this answer. I called Palm and they said it will not effect the Pre-. Not sure he really knew though. Chat support says they are not aloud to discuss unreleased devices. I mean really?
    This is why I have already instructed the wife that we will be activating our new devices with new Palm Profiles, so I can come home and backup, then finish turning out Pre's into offline devices before putting our new devices on our current Palm Profiles.
    OldSkool, I agree. I think I am going to be using my "test" profile until I read all the people spilling their nightmare stories here. Even though yes I do a daily back-up on device, but I would have to make sure I move it off device.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Shouldn't this be clear by now? What is the answer? Can you or can you not share your Palm Profile between the original Pre or Pre+, running 1.4.5., and a TouchPad?
    vince400 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Shouldn't this be clear by now? What is the answer? Can you or can you not share your Palm Profile between the original Pre or Pre+, running 1.4.5., and a TouchPad?
    You can use a 1.4.5 device with the same profile as a TouchPad, but the SMS forwarding doesnt seem to work and obviously the touch to share doesnt work.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    havirng just received my TP32 I immediately came to the new profile/old profile screen and said to myself, which. But I also read the little booklet which said you have a one time grab of your existing profile AND that information put in one must be replicated manually in other.
    From reading through this thread and others, my slightly educated opinion is that the TP has grabbed what it can from your older profile and set up another 3.0 profile parallel that is not connected. Maybe this is the case with 2.+ also. I had planned to Dr to 2.1 before TP but had comp issue.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123