Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hope its true!

Besides this DocstoGo pic below which was put on the website by HP recently (see link below),

I also looked at the DocsToGo site and they are supporting IPad plus all every Android tablet under the sun. Surely IPad is a bigger threat to Blackberry now than a nascent HP TouchPad tablet so I don't believe they would refuse to license to HP and still license to all the competitors.

If DocsToGo is not on the TouchPad, it is false advertising to every person who goes on the Facebook site and then pre orders the TouchPad so I expect it to be yanked if this is a mistake.

Documents To Go - Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Other Files on your Smartphone or PDA

HP's Photos - HP TouchPad | Facebook

<staff edit>
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/21/2011 at 11:05 AM.
    its old, on Feb 9th they had the same issue, icons of docs to go, most likely it is the same version we have now and Palm probably still has rights for it and must have tested some beta version. Anyway I hope H/P buys quick office.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    eh, seems like an old concept photo to me. it had the youtube app on there too, but touchpad does not have one.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm sure it was overlooked by the graphics designer who put the images together and means nothing...
  5.    #5  
    So close to launch, they are making mistakes like this?

If not available, this borders on false advertising at this point, now that the product is available to preorder.

I have reached out to Dataviz.
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/21/2011 at 09:28 AM.
    just an old pic guys.. panties out of bunch please.
  7.    #7  
    They can't show the picture now on a launch product--its false advertising.

If its not on the TouchPad, I expect the picture to be yanked.
  8.    #9  
    I hear you on the possible mistake.
    However, it is done by HP on HP's facebook, not done by a third party (carrier or what have you).

If it is a mistake to have the Docs To Go icon on there and those pics have been floating around for awhile so HP should be aware of them (google a thread from Precentral on May), I expect that HP will take the pics down within a short period of time.
    Otherwise, they are falsely advertising to a prospective customer who can give their credit card today to BestBuy or what have you, to buy the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I hear you on the possible mistake.
    However, it is done by HP on HP's facebook, not done by a third party (carrier or what have you).

If it is a mistake to have the Docs To Go icon on there and those pics have been floating around for awhile so HP should be aware of them (google a thread from Precentral on May), I expect that HP will take the pics down within a short period of time.
    Otherwise, they are falsely advertising to a prospective customer who can give their credit card today to BestBuy or what have you, to buy the TouchPad.
    Nope.. Check the last link.. & pictures can not be used for "false advertising"

Unless the advertisement explicity states HP Touchpad Featuring Doc to Go!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #11  
    I am not a lawyer so I'll let the lawyers handle whether false advertising has to be a statement. But here is at least one blog below that suggests it may not have to be an explicit statement.

"While the court’s expansion of the concept of puffery may allow more freedom to advertisers, the court’s treatment of DirecTV’s television ads indicates that taking care not to make false statements in an ad may not be enough to avoid a charge of false advertising. "

New Standard for False Advertising (Business and Technology Law)
    I am not a lawyer so I'll let the lawyers handle whether false advertising has to be a statement.
    Exactly.. So stop creating FUD..

Please close this useless thread

12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Exactly.. So stop creating FUD..

Please close this useless thread

As long as the pictures were put up by HP on Facebook just recently during this period when they are trying to advertise for people to buy their product and HP has not taken them down, how can this be a useless thread?

Unless you work for HP and have direct knowledge of the deals that HP has struck and this is a mistake. If you do, then please ask them to take the pics down.

Unless you work for HP and have direct knowledge of the deals that HP has struck and this is a mistake. Blah Blah Blah.
    Than stop creating FUD of False Advertising
    False Advertising Lets SUE EM
    Nokias Magical iPhone ESPN APP, for Symbian??

Nokia sucks at Photoshop -- Engadget

Apples iPOD Touch Now with Phone Calls!?!

Apple sucks at Photoshop too -- Engadget

The NEW Verizon iPhone, but its a droid X?!!?!?

Verizon sucks at Photoshop: confuses the Droid X for an iPhone -- Engadget

Do you really NEED MORE?!?

Please mods close this thread
    and these are the ones that where caught with the mistakes
  16.    #18  
    My sense is HP is watching their marketing during the launch of their first ever webOS tablet product. Thus I don't believe it is a mistake (and if it is a mistake, I am expecting they will take the pictures down and substitute something more appropriate).
    I am a lawyer: more important question is whether an attorney can make a buck off a misleading ad with as little cost as possible. This ain't one of those cases. Better if you bought the TP and while tryig to find the Doc to Go app, you spilled white-hot Starbucks triple latte on your inner thighs - now, that's a case!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  18.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I am a lawyer: more important question is whether an attorney can make a buck off a misleading ad with as little cost as possible. This ain't one of those cases. Better if you bought the TP and while tryig to find the Doc to Go app, you spilled white-hot Starbucks triple latte on your inner thighs - now, that's a case!
    Hah. That is why I drink out of a real Starbucks mug and not the plastic cups.
    (or not drink anything there at all)

More seriously, I don't see how HP can hope to debut an enterprise ready TouchPad without doc editing after we've seen how Playbook got crushed. That is why I hope they struck a deal and the Facebook photo campaign is being overseen and not in the purview of some marketing intern who found some old pics and uploaded them. They've hardly gone after RIMM for any webOS look alike features, maybe they are playing nice together.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast