Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First - The Touchpad is up for pre-order at the Carphone Warehouse in the UK.

Second - When you hover over the App Catalog icon it says there will be more than 15,000 apps at launch. Salt shakers ready.

HP TouchPad - The Carphone Warehouse
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hahhaahaa

Some Euros use a comma as we use a decimal point.

Perhaps, it means "more than 15.000 (fifteen) apps.."

lol
  3.    #3  
    Also another confirmation of Skype video calling.
    I think they may have messed up there!
    I'm hopeful and thanks the link. Actually this would be fantastic news! Sorli...

PS - I think Precentral is having PROBLEMS...anyone else notice links are no longer loading and Javascript bringing things too a crawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm hopeful and thanks the link. Actually this would be fantastic news! Sorli...

PS - I think Precentral is having PROBLEMS...anyone else notice links are no longer loading and Javascript bringing things too a crawl.
    Yea, I'm being routed to TreoCentral for every thread on PreCentral.
    Looks like they edited it out already. It's just showing as HP Apps Catalogue..
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Looks like they edited it out already. It's just showing as HP Apps Catalogue..
    It's still there, you have to hover the mouse on it.
    I can see it too.....but how will we know which one of the 9,000 new fart apps is the best one to get???.....but seriously, that's a pretty big jump in apps (not like they haven't had time, right?)... now I know they're pushing the Touchpad but it would be nice if they could bump a few of those apps back to the phones as well
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Yea, I'm being routed to TreoCentral for every thread on PreCentral.
    Oh good, I was about to start a thread on this... It's awful, since not only the TreoCentral UI is fugly as hell, there is no mobile version of the forum...
    Ooooh, it was the NoScript Firefox extension that blocked it. Nice catch!
    That could mean a combination of regular apps & native TouchPad apps, however I do hope that it's 15,000 native TouchPad apps. That would be amazing.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    That could mean a combination of regular apps & native TouchPad apps, however I do hope that it's 15,000 native TouchPad apps. That would be amazing.
    Thinking aloud...

We currently have something like ~7,000 regular phone apps. That would make an additional ~8,000 touchpad apps. Now, I suspect that many developers stopped Mojo development in February to move over to Enyo. I think we were getting about 350apps a month, back then and it does seem to have slowed considerably since. So, I think we could have a backlog of over 1500 apps from current developers alone.

Has HP managed to get ~8 times the number of developers.??

Is Enyo so easy that the current developers can create 8 Enyo apps in the time 1 Mojo app took.??

Is it a bit of both.??

Or is there some double counting going on.??

If true, I think 15K should be enough to silence some of the critics at launch.
    they could have meant 1,500.. which is still very reasonable if we are talking native Touchpad apps
    If there we're 15,000 apps at launch. This would be a huge game changer for HP and other competitors. Coming from the small catalog that has stalled with the Pre market. I would be anxious to see what is available. Next week Friday we will find out people!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    This is interesting not for the issue of how many apps, but that Carphone Warehouse is going to carry the TouchPad.

CPW carried the original Pre but didn't take the Pre Plus nor the Pre 2. So it's interesting that it's now changed its mind on WebOS products. You can put your own interpretation as to why...
    The thing about rumors is that there is always a smell of something in the air that is true. Lately there has been a few rumors that point to having anywhere between 10,000 to 15,000 apps at launch. I don't think that they just pulled this number out of a hat and for some reason decided to put it there. I believe that the TouchPad may not have 15,000 apps at launch but I do believe that it will at least have 10,000 apps. There is some truth in this because HP has been kind of mysterious when it come to amount of apps. Like they have a great secret they want to tell but can't. It was the same with the launch of PDK apps and the Pixi. If there was going to be less than 5,000 apps at launch then we would have got some kind of bad news. Bad news has its way of find its way into the news.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    The thing about rumors is that there is always a smell of something in the air that is true. Lately there has been a few rumors that point to having anywhere between 10,000 to 15,000 apps at launch. I don't think that they just pulled this number out of a hat and for some reason decided to put it there. I believe that the TouchPad may not have 15,000 apps at launch but I do believe that it will at least have 10,000 apps. There is some truth in this because HP has been kind of mysterious when it come to amount of apps. Like they have a great secret they want to tell but can't. It was the same with the launch of PDK apps and the Pixi. If there was going to be less than 5,000 apps at launch then we would have got some kind of bad news. Bad news has its way of find its way into the news.
    could pulling the 3rd party feeds have anything to do with this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't pulling those feeds make it virtually impossible for anyone to figure out how many apps are in the catalogue?

Just thinking here, but maybe they did that so they could put all of the enyo apps in the app cat without anyone being able to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    could pulling the 3rd party feeds have anything to do with this? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't pulling those feeds make it virtually impossible for anyone to figure out how many apps are in the catalogue?

Just thinking here, but maybe they did that so they could put all of the enyo apps in the app cat without anyone being able to see.
    that just might be the case. Makes sense.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Look, this is obviously not true. It is posted by a retailer who wanted to make the TouchPad look good.
    It is funny how we consider some things 'rumors' or hope for them when they are completely, obviously untrue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast