1.    #1  
    I was just looking at Amazon.com (2 am EST) and saw that the Touchpad (both 16gb and 32gb) are currently listed in the top 5 of tablet "bestsellers" and "hot new releases". It is listed at no. 8 under "top rated"

Just thought that was cool.
    Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Computer & Accessories

Holding its place in the 9 (32GB) and 11 (16GB) position fairly nicely. Talk about realtime info...

About Bestsellers - These lists, updated hourly, contain bestselling items.
    Last edited by nightdevil21; 06/21/2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: added last line
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Woah number4 and 6 now
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    #8 and #10 bestselling tablets on launch day. Wonder what that means in terms of units sold...
    I thought I would bring this thread back into focus. I've been tracking the Amazon bestseller list for the past few days now. Even in death the TouchPad is still high on the list. The TouchPad has held right at #8 or below for the past few days. Right now it is #8 on the list.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-E...bosnation0e-20

I think this is amazing considering that the TouchPad is not being produced anymore, the price is twice the fire sale price, and some of the Android tablets it competed with have been behind it for some time now. Not only that, but this is the buying season for Christmas.
    Last edited by k4ever; 11/27/2011 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I thought I would bring this thread back into focus. I've been tracking the Amazon bestseller list for the past few days now. Even in death the TouchPad is still high on the list. The TouchPad has held right at #8 or below for the past few days. Right now it is #8 on the list.

Amazon Best Sellers: Best Computer Tablets

I think this is amazing considering that the TouchPad is not being produced anymore, the price is twice the fire sale price, and some of the Android tablets it competed with have been behind it for some time now. Not only that, but this is the buying season for Christmas.
    Bought two for Christmas for my daughters. Was going to them a couple of 7" cheapies, but the more I researched them, the more spending an extra $75 for a TP made sense.

Most have resistive touch screens (no pinch and zoom among other things) and no installed memory, so I'd have to spend some more cash on an SD card.

No tax on craigslist purchases either.

I know there aren't as many apps as android or apple, but a stable android platform is coming sooner rather than later, so it's not a dead medium if you don't want it to be.

Put it all together, equals a no brainer. Now if only I could find a cheap touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    Bought two for Christmas for my daughters. Was going to them a couple of 7" cheapies, but the more I researched them, the more spending an extra $75 for a TP made sense.

Most have resistive touch screens (no pinch and zoom among other things) and no installed memory, so I'd have to spend some more cash on an SD card.

No tax on craigslist purchases either.

I know there aren't as many apps as android or apple, but a stable android platform is coming sooner rather than later, so it's not a dead medium if you don't want it to be.

Put it all together, equals a no brainer. Now if only I could find a cheap touchstone.
    You can always put cm7 on and get all the android apps.
    I'm showing it as #2 in
    Electronics Computers & Accessories Tablets

Amazing.

Amazon.com: Tablet Computers