Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Ya i got it. Looks normal, I am going to try it!

Regards
    graylion
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Same email and it looks legit to me. Not sure, but I'd rather help and input where I can them have them just guess what's going on by those who don't use webOS devices. Sorli...
    Ok I signed up too lets see who gets chosen so we can make all ournstories the same....Sprint Pre 3! Lol jkjkjk
    I received it as well, and I am a launch day Sprint Pre owner (I still refuse to call it a Pre-), received a Pre2 via the developer giveaway (although my idea for an app was time sensitive and event based, now I have until next year to finish my first app), and a launch day TouchPad owner. I imagine somewhere I must have clicked on some contact me for marketing/research purposes somewhere in all that time.

I called the number and Ray Fong was not available (it was an hour after the email was sent. I can only imagine his boss asking "Did you finish those emails yet! it's Friday already), so I left a voicemail, and replied via email. Glad this thread was started, it seems they have some of our info, which seems less likely to be a scam, since the email address I use for here and other places is different than the one I use for my Palm Profile.
    let us know if you get paid lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The once Palm and now HP (and pretty much any other company that exists in the world) often will hire market research companies to gather information from their clients.
    The information could be gathered in various amounts of ways
    1. Surveys
    2. Focus groups

You can find more information about the company from their website ElliottBenson : Sacramento Market Research

Elliott Benson Research is a company that has been around many years, it's not likely they start doing scams overnight.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks HBZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks HBZ!
    I asked (in my email reply) whether the online journal would be browser or App based. You'd hope HP would develop an App for this process.
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    I asked (in my email reply) whether the online journal would be browser or App based. You'd hope HP would develop an App for this process.
    If it's anything like the Veer study it is web-based... It's actually a pretty slick website as far as what I thought a survey website would be.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I got the email too and it's a legit company. When I first saw it, I couldn't help but think about Law & Order SVU. Their company name shares the names of two detectives on the show.

heh

PS - I'm not sure how they managed to get my info to contact me because I typically opt-out of those offers to provide feedback. Mainly to prevent my private/personal email address getting out and on some spam lists.
    Last edited by Hobbz; 07/09/2011 at 01:20 PM.
    willrich354 likes this.
    I spoke with Ray Fong today, answered a bunch of questions, and was accepted into the survey group. He indicated it was a small group, running from July 26th to July 31st. Expected time dedicated to the group is 20-30 minutes a day, some uploading, journaling and making a video of yourself about the experience. Pay off is $150 if you don't get booted for half assing the responses. Looking forward to the experience. The secure website will be hosted by HP. I advised they should ask HP if the website will be TouchPad compatible. I might have to tether to my Pre to access it, since it is happening while I'm on vacation.

Any one else hear back on this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    I spoke with Ray Fong today, answered a bunch of questions, and was accepted into the survey group. He indicated it was a small group, running from July 26th to July 31st. Expected time dedicated to the group is 20-30 minutes a day, some uploading, journaling and making a video of yourself about the experience. Pay off is $150 if you don't get booted for half assing the responses. Looking forward to the experience. The secure website will be hosted by HP. I advised they should ask HP if the website will be TouchPad compatible. I might have to tether to my Pre to access it, since it is happening while I'm on vacation.

Any one else hear back on this yet?
    Veer study is Touchpad compatible... I imagine same is true for Touchpad study
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I got a call from them yesterday and was accepted into the program. Woohoo!!
    <thread title updated>
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    that was hired by HP to survey owners of the TouchPad?
    <<threads merged>>
    Got a call yesterday and was chosen for the program.
    I just called and got accepted into the program. :-)

I think its funny that I will be getting paid 150 dollars to do what I do on this website anyway. :-P

30 minutes a day for 7 days a week? Ha! Childsplay... Lol
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I got the email.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I sent my response via email. Waiting to see what happens
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast