Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I got this email just now. I want to know if anyone else got it and if anyone heard of this company.
    --------------------
    Hello William,
    Hewlett-Packard has asked us to conduct a research study on their behalf to gather feedback from users of the new Touchpad tablet computer. The purpose of the research is to collect important, time-sensitive feedback from users such as yourself, and by participating, youll allow HP to improve their understanding of how well the device is meeting the needs of consumers.*
    Hewlett-Packard provided us with your name and email address because you have indicated a willingness to be contacted for research-related purposes. Id like to stress that this is not a sales attempt, it is strictly research and your participation is greatly appreciated!********
    The research will be conducted online. Specifically, participants will provide their feedback via an online journal, which many people find to be a fun and interesting way to engage with others as well as a good opportunity to learn more about technology. The journaling software is easy to use and the information you provide will be kept safe and confidential.
    Everyone who participates in the online study will be paid for their time.
    If you are interested in learning more about the research and how you can participate, please respond directly to this email, and provide a phone number where you can be reached. Alternatively, youre welcome to contact me by email or phone (contact information below).* Ill need just a few minutes of your time to ask some questions and explain the program in more detail.
    Ray
    (916)868-6075
    invitation@elliottbenson.com
    Regards,
    Ray
    ray fong :: elliott benson research
    1226 h street*::*sacramento, ca 95814
    invitation@elliottbenson.com*::*916.325.1670
    .................................................................................................... ..
    11 years as one of the "world's best facilities" ::*impulse survey 1999-2010
    Now offering nationwide recruiting*and online data collection services!
    Just got the exact same email....
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Just got it as well....

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    yea there's a short thread in the forums that say its legit and the website, elliottbenson.com seems legit enough. I figure they have my email so it shouldn't be too hard to hack me if they want to lol. Anybody else get this?
    Might be something to contact HP about, and at least inquire. I do remember checking the box stating to receive updates and what not, but not to issue out my email address to outside sources...Kind of makes me uneasy, not that it should.
    palm used to send those out periodically. U probably just activated new device, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    palm used to send those out periodically. U probably just activated new device, right?
    Yup I am a new user. Im also a long time Pre minus user also. Maybe thats why. But coild we call HP about it? Which department would be best?
    I got it too. Was about to post it. Sounds fishy. What do you guys think? Anyone contact HP yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I got it too. Was about to post it. Sounds fishy. What do you guys think? Anyone contact HP yet?
    I'm contacting HP through live chat in the help app right now will update in a few
    awesome let us know!
    Another member PM'd me saying this is a legit firm and email as he knows someone who works/ed there.
    contacting my HP rep now.
    "I have inquired about this emails with my supervisor, but we are not sending any of the emails for the TouchPad users."

From the HP rep after I asked about the email, and he checked with his supervisor. I asked him if HP ever does after launch research with 3rd parties....be back soon guys hold on
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Another member PM'd me saying this is a legit firm and email as he knows someone who works/ed there.
    You trust the user who PMed you? If so I suppose we might as well go along since if they have our Palm profile emails and know we bought TouchPads then we're already skrewed lol.
    it's a market research company hired by Palm.
    "Hp palm profile is the confidential information, we don't disclose this information to any one. Hp palm profile is the confidential information, we don't disclose this information to any one."

From the Rep after I asked the previous question about HP's research. I guess if yall say it legit i'll take ya'll word for it but its sucks they can give their staff a heads up about something like this so they can give user some real info on it.
    when you activate, it sends a welcome email. If you dont want to talk to them, ignoreit and you wont ever hear about it again. If you want palm to hear your opinions, jump on it quick because they only take the first several to respond.
    geez you'd think they could get all the feedback they want from reading these forums. the bugs thread alone should keep them busy for a while. make the most of it people while you have HP's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when you activate, it sends a welcome email. If you dont want to talk to them, ignoreit and you wont ever hear about it again. If you want palm to hear your opinions, jump on it quick because they only take the first several to respond.
    willrich354 likes this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    this email came across as a social engineering plot, but it seems its legit. It says we get paid for our time though so I'm all in lol. I just want to know if everyone else getting this email is an original pre owner like me or is this solely for some new touch pad owners?
    Same email and it looks legit to me. Not sure, but I'd rather help and input where I can them have them just guess what's going on by those who don't use webOS devices. Sorli...
    willrich354 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast