1.    #1  
    Has anyone in Canada pre-ordered the touchpad? If yes, what did you order and from where?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    I have added the 16 gig to the cart as well as the charging dock at Future Shop. My dilemma is... what if I can just head over to FS on the 15th and pick one up...at least then I wont have to wait for shipping.

HELP! lol
    no
    i don't think i will
    i will just get one on the 15th

i can't see it being hard to get unfortunately, not in Canada.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    no
    i don't think i will
    i will just get one on the 15th

i can't see it being hard to get unfortunately, not in Canada.
    That's what I'm thinking also. But I'm having a hard time digesting the hight price of the accessories!!!
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    That's what I'm thinking also. But I'm having a hard time digesting the hight price of the accessories!!!
    ya i'm going to have to find a way to get that from the US

I will not pay that much for either the case or the touchstone (i don't care for the keyboard)
  6.    #6  
    Well even the TP is worth picking up in the US ... 499.99 + 5% tax in NY = 525$ .... instead of 519.00 + 15% (about) tax in QC = 592$

Almost 70$ savings.
    I'm actually going to Texas on July 1st and was gonna pick one up while i was down there, but think i'm going to wait and see what the reviews are and pick one up here. I want to know about the compatibility with my Bell Palm Pre and a few of the other features before I jump in again with both feet (Day 1 owner). Luckily my brother goes to Montana almost every weekend and has a US shipping address, so I can buy the accessories off amazon and get them shipped there!

I was kind of concerned if i bought the touchpad down in the US, there might be some catalogue/software issues being in Canada, like with other out of country phones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    I was kind of concerned if i bought the touchpad down in the US, there might be some catalogue/software issues being in Canada, like with other out of country phones.
    If it's anything like my Veer, you will get the Canadian app catalogue...
  9.    #9  
    Anyone noticed what price futureshop is selling the accessories for? 80$ for the touchstone, 60 for the keyboard and 50 for the case...

I might pre order them online before they change the price...
    I'll be waiting and then maybe trying to get down to the states for one, even if the prices were on par our dollar is worth on more and seems most states have less tax than we do here in BC. So win win buying American.

And the app catalog should work with no problems, dont see region locking with a wifi device, and no bell to lock out paid apps on the more recent phoones.
    Well even the TP is worth picking up in the US ... 499.99 + 5% tax in NY = 525$ .... instead of 519.00 + 15% (about) tax in QC = 592$

Almost 70$ savings.
    i live in alberta now.. so 5% tax here lol

so 545.99 will be my cost
    Pre-ordered mine from B&H Photo in the US. It will ship some time after July 1. Hopefully it'll be out of the US by July 4 and in my hands the following week.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Pre-ordered mine from B&H Photo in the US. It will ship some time after July 1. Hopefully it'll be out of the US by July 4 and in my hands the following week.
    lets hope they don't charge you duty on it thou

who shipped it?

Edit: I went and looked at the site... would cost me an additional $5 apparently.. and it said duty included but who knows if it will charge more through customs
    Last edited by kjb86; 06/26/2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    lets hope they don't charge you duty on it thou

who shipped it?

Edit: I went and looked at the site... would cost me an additional $5 apparently.. and it said duty included but who knows if it will charge more through customs
    Oh, I'm sure I'll get charged duties. It's a premium I'm willing to pay for to get it early.
  15.    #15  
    Pulled the trigger today!!! pre-ordered the Touchpad 16gig from Futureshop. Pre-ordered keyboard, touchstone and keyboard from Futureshop online (not available for pre-order in store).

My wife is going to the US next week and will try to pick one up for me a the reduced US price and reduced taxes ... if she does I'll simply cancel my pre-order.

Now... the waiting game...
    The way I look at it, I'm already going to be paying a good chunk of change for the TouchPad. No matter how extreme the price is for that Touchstone, (I've never had one as I thought $79.99 for a Pre TS was too much), that's one of the key features for this device. I can set it down on the TS, and now it's a picture frame/alarm clock/tv stand, whatever and it charges. The $49 (or whatever) tri-fold case...well that's pretty damn slick too, while you're out and about. I'm reeled in hook, line and sinker. I think I can live without the BT keyboard, for now.... We'll see how I recover from dropping a rather large chunk of change, but for me it'll be the 3 together all at once.

The only thing I'm not 100% on is what I should be considering as far as extended warranty. When I bought my PC 3 years ago, I bought the extended warranty and actually forgot about it until my main hard drive crashed, they asked if I had EW, and I honestly forgot if I had it or not. It turned out I did, and not only did I get it replaced, they doubled the size and changed my OS from 32 to 64 bit(still not sure what the dis/advantages are, but for my use, didn't have a whole lot of effect).

I'm looking at the clock and in about 28 hours, I'm going to be a NOOB all over again.........

Can't wait.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The way I look at it, I'm already going to be paying a good chunk of change for the TouchPad. No matter how extreme the price is for that Touchstone, (I've never had one as I thought $79.99 for a Pre TS was too much), that's one of the key features for this device. I can set it down on the TS, and now it's a picture frame/alarm clock/tv stand, whatever and it charges. The $49 (or whatever) tri-fold case...well that's pretty damn slick too, while you're out and about. I'm reeled in hook, line and sinker. I think I can live without the BT keyboard, for now.... We'll see how I recover from dropping a rather large chunk of change, but for me it'll be the 3 together all at once.

The only thing I'm not 100% on is what I should be considering as far as extended warranty. When I bought my PC 3 years ago, I bought the extended warranty and actually forgot about it until my main hard drive crashed, they asked if I had EW, and I honestly forgot if I had it or not. It turned out I did, and not only did I get it replaced, they doubled the size and changed my OS from 32 to 64 bit(still not sure what the dis/advantages are, but for my use, didn't have a whole lot of effect).

I'm looking at the clock and in about 28 hours, I'm going to be a NOOB all over again.........

Can't wait.

You are not going to be disappointed, i got this thing down in the US, and LOVE it!
    Will be getting mine tomorrow morning at best buy or futureshop... hope they have the stand. The 32Gig is up for $549 YES!

Cheers
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The only thing I'm not 100% on is what I should be considering as far as extended warranty.
    Don't! Save your money and get the Touchpad 2 when it comes out next year...