Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    In an email discussion with my HP rep i had asked what the benefits of purchasing direct through her were as compared to Amazon, BestBuy, ect.

    This was one of her points.


    "Basically in the commercial space we do a very thorough testing of our products, which means if something was to happen to it our technical support staff can resolve your issues a lot quicker than in the consumer side.

    Right now in the commercial space we are offering:

    1 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    2 Year Exchange

    2 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    Explanation of the Warranty:

    Accidental Damage Protection will cover any physical damage done to the Touchpad (scratches, cracked screens, spills, etc)

    Exchange will cover any hardware failures. You return your defective Touchpad and get another one. "




    the question is is it worth pay the extra money in the fee and also in taxes (for me as compared to Amazon) to get this type of support. opinions?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    the question is is it worth pay the extra money in the fee and also in taxes (for me as compared to Amazon) to get this type of support. opinions?
    It's hard to formulate an opinion without pricing on those warranties.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    Right now in the commercial space we are offering:

    1 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    2 Year Exchange

    2 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    Explanation of the Warranty:

    Accidental Damage Protection will cover any physical damage done to the Touchpad (scratches, cracked screens, spills, etc)

    Exchange will cover any hardware failures. You return your defective Touchpad and get another one. "
    NO. HP should be ashamed if their product is easily damaged.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    In an email discussion with my HP rep i had asked what the benefits of purchasing direct through her were as compared to Amazon, BestBuy, ect.

    This was one of her points.


    "Basically in the commercial space we do a very thorough testing of our products, which means if something was to happen to it our technical support staff can resolve your issues a lot quicker than in the consumer side.

    Right now in the commercial space we are offering:

    1 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    2 Year Exchange

    2 Year Exchange + Accidental Damage Protection

    Explanation of the Warranty:

    Accidental Damage Protection will cover any physical damage done to the Touchpad (scratches, cracked screens, spills, etc)

    Exchange will cover any hardware failures. You return your defective Touchpad and get another one. "




    the question is is it worth pay the extra money in the fee and also in taxes (for me as compared to Amazon) to get this type of support. opinions?
    So they're offering standard extended warranties???
  5. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #5  
    i think prices are 89, 99, and 189 respectively
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    NO. HP should be ashamed if their product is easily damaged.
    They're not saying it's easily damaged so get the warranty. You really never know what can happen, whether by accident or by product defect, so they sell warranties to people who want to be on the safe side.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Reason to buy from HP REP? From their perspective, because they get the commission! :-)
  8. JeffGr's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #8  
    Did you ask the rep if those same service plans would be available to those that buy the TouchPad elsewhere? Usually, HP will allow people to buy the Care Packs for some period of time after purchase, regardless of where the product was bought.

    That is the kind of thing that a rep (who is probably on commission) might not volunteer, but would probably admit to if asked directly.

    -Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    Did you ask the rep if those same service plans would be available to those that buy the TouchPad elsewhere? Usually, HP will allow people to buy the Care Packs for some period of time after purchase, regardless of where the product was bought.

    That is the kind of thing that a rep (who is probably on commission) might not volunteer, but would probably admit to if asked directly.

    -Jeff
    if you bought it elsewhere she said it would be part of the consumer side of things and not her department. I'll have to ask what warranties are available to the "consumer" side.
  10. Mr Hyde's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #10  
    I ordered my touchpad and touchstone via Amazon. Saved nearly $50 in Sales Tax. Shipping was free with amazon too. I got the same call from an HP sales rep and I forgot to ask about shipping, so the savings might even be greater
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I got the same call from an HP sales rep and I forgot to ask about shipping, so the savings might even be greater
    what do you mean?
  12. ijip's Avatar
    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    #12  
    nah shipping is free for the touchpad. but getting it from amazon may mean u will get it july 17th... thats the date going around for them....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  13. #13  
    They all want you to buy direct so they can have a chance to sell you their warranties. There's no reason you wouldn't get support if you bought elsewhere and within standard warranty terms.
    I'm getting mine from Bestbuy because of no interest financing and reward zone points, sorry HP rep.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  14. #14  
    Here is a paste from an email in which I have been communicating with:

    Also,
    We have a 32gb for 599.00 and 16gb 499.00. The warranties available are 1year with ADP 89.00 and 2 Year ADP for 189.

    Seems a couple of dollars less than Best Buy, has anyone checked SquareTrade and does anyone have any feedback on SquareTrade?

    Regards
    Last edited by graylion; 06/20/2011 at 08:01 PM.
    graylion
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Here is a paste from an email in which I have been communicating with:

    Also,
    We have a 32gb for 599.00 and 16gb 499.00. The warranties available are 1year with ADP 89.00 and 2 Year ADP for 189.

    Regards
    damn, thats expensive but probably worth it if something happens.
  16. Mr Hyde's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    what do you mean?
    i didnt know they were offering free shipping. That's what I was getting at. Shipping was free from Amazon plus no sales tax
  17. #17  
    Here I what I found on SquareTrade

    ORDER SUMMARY
    Item: tablets
    Coverage Limit: *$599.00 warranty summary
    2 year product Care Plan $54.99
    Accidental Damage from Handling $45.00
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    Total $99.99

    https://www.squaretrade.com/pages/
    graylion
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    i didnt know they were offering free shipping. That's what I was getting at. Shipping was free from Amazon plus no sales tax
    nice, that is my first choice also as of now unless i find a better deal.

    i also have a 10 dollar credit from when i tried to buy the 50 dollar off contract Veer from them and they canceled my order.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Here I what I found on SquareTrade

    ORDER SUMMARY
    Item: tablets
    Coverage Limit: *$599.00 warranty summary
    2 year product Care Plan $54.99
    Accidental Damage from Handling $45.00
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    Total $99.99

    https://www.squaretrade.com/pages/
    never heard of square trade. thats a pretty good deal. have you used them before?
  20. #20  
    I have not. I have read some good word of "mouth/net". That's why I bring it up here in this thread because if they are good then this drops some relevance from buying HP direct.

    Feedback welcome
    graylion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions