Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Will we see real reviews before the 1st? I am really anxious to see some real reviews on what all this thing can do out of the box.
    almost certainly.

exactly when is anyone's guess.
    Someone I know with a TouchPad told me reviews are embargoed until the beginning of next week.
    And that's why there are fake ones already on Best Buy? Looks like HP already lost control.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Someone I know with a TouchPad told me reviews are embargoed until the beginning of next week.
    Its very close to what I have heard as well.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'll write up a review come Friday when my developer Touchpad gets here, supposedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And that's why there are fake ones already on Best Buy? Looks like HP already lost control.
    Just reminds me of how much I like Priceline. You know if there is a review for a hotel, the person writing the review was very likely to have actually stayed there.

Opening up reviews for products that haven't been released yet is, well, kinda dumb.
    Maybe you could tell us just what a manufacturer like HP could possibly do to avoid trolls knocking their unreleased products. How this demonstrates a "loss of control" of any sort is beyond me.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Maybe you could tell us just what a manufacturer like HP could possibly do to avoid trolls knocking their unreleased products. How this demonstrates a "loss of control" of any sort is beyond me.
    I think the same way they work with BB to create the TouchPad page they could have them leave the 'write a review' option off until the 1st.
    I think he's taking about official reviews.. which are likely embargoed...

I wouldn't say HP lost control, these nobodies post bogus reviews on retailer sites all the time. I wouldn't expect best buy, amazon, or anyone else to change the fuction of their customer review section for a single product...
    I think P|C will post review first, then Toposky's blog, then engadget/gizmodo/bgr etc, and a month later, PIC.
    Remind me how can HP control online consumer reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think P|C will post review first, then Toposky's blog, then engadget/gizmodo/bgr etc, and a month later, PIC.
    lol
    How are those guys still keeping up?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    They give you any other inside scoop Mr. Ididntsignannda???