1.    #1  
    If I preorder a Touchpad will the feature of being able to answer a call on the touchpad work when I get a Pre 3? Or do I have to wait and buy a cellular carrier specific Touchpad?
    any webos phone should work. Carrier isn't important because its a bluetooth connection.
    According to HP said the Veer will need a software update, but the Pre3 is ready to go out of the box for sharing calls. They are using Bluetooth to connect together, so you can just use a wifi TouchPad if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    any webos phone should work. Carrier isn't important because its a bluetooth connection.
    Well.. any webOS phone that HP upgrades to webOS 2.2 or higher. HP said the Pre2 and beyond, which means the Pre- and Pre Plus most likely won't be able to pair for calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Well.. any webOS phone that HP upgrades to webOS 2.2 or higher. HP said the Pre2 and beyond, which means the Pre- and Pre Plus most likely won't be able to pair for calls.
    Man I hope so!! I wish so much they could just make that ONE tiny mod to allow pre minus... i would stay with sprint for a little longer
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Guys. I'm going to pre order then. Just to let you know the HP rep said the Touchpad needs to be carrier specific.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    nah, the call forwarding goes through bluetooth... in fact, by the end of the month i believe webosinternals and other developers will work on a patch that u will be able to at least transfer calls from any phone. texts seem to be a bit more complicated though
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Actually... Any phone w/ Bluetooth will work... The tPad will work as a BT Speaker/Dialer like a car connection.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Actually... Any phone w/ Bluetooth will work... The tPad will work as a BT Speaker/Dialer like a car connection.
    You sure? I haven't seen that demo
    I asked that specific question at the announcement, and they said it required support to be added to the phone, so it would only be for webos phones. But that was february, so perhaps google will put the right hooks into android... I'd be ok with that.
    An HP rep told me today that only the 'newer' phones would work with the cal transfer to the bluetooth. I asked if any phone w/ bluetooth would work and she said it had to be a webOS phone. I still will still try it out w/ my pre- anyway. They might just be trying to sell a new phone.

On the other hand, the pre- will not transfer texts to the TP because they will have different profiles.
    It should work with your pre minus. It's TTS that won't work.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    You know... I asked a rep at ThinkBeyond and I swore they said that to me...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El