1.    #1  
    The HP rep that helped me with the pre-ordered sent me some info on the HP Care Pack Service. Basically, it’s an extended warranty/replacement service that goes up to 2 years.
    I’ve attached a document that explains it in detail, including what’s covered or not, but in summary:

- It provides next business day advanced replacement, meaning HP will ship your replacement TouchPad first, then you’ll ship the defective unit back using the provided box and prepaid label (my favorite, so far).

- It covers accidental damage, including liquid damage. It does not cover wear and tear (so minor scratches are not a good enough reason to get it replaced). It also covers the LCD screen for damages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IS there a deductible and how much does it cost?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The most profitable thing Best Buy sells. I've heard of their reps getting in trouble for not pushing it enough....
  4.    #4  
    There aren't any deductibles and this plan is not offered through BBY, but through HP only.
    I purchased the 1 year for $89 - It upgrades the standard warranty to advance replacement warranty and covers everything including cracked lcd if I happen to drop it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    i'm getting the 2 yr black tie plan from best buy. Covers the same as HP sounds like.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, I missed including the pricing info:

1 year Accidental damage protection with Next day exchange service $89.00
    2 year Accidental damage protection with Next day exchange service $189.00
    2 year Advance exchange service (does not include accidental damage protection) $99.00

No deductibles.
    I broke down and bought the 2year program - I wasn't going to do it but the Wife talked me into it. Hopefully, I'm just throwing money at HP for nothing, but being a Pre- user, I wanted to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    The HP rep that helped me with the pre-ordered sent me some info on the HP Care Pack Service. Basically, itís an extended warranty/replacement service that goes up to 2 years.
    Iíve attached a document that explains it in detail, including whatís covered or not, but in summary:

- It provides next business day advanced replacement, meaning HP will ship your replacement TouchPad first, then youíll ship the defective unit back using the provided box and prepaid label (my favorite, so far).

- It covers accidental damage, including liquid damage. It does not cover wear and tear (so minor scratches are not a good enough reason to get it replaced). It also covers the LCD screen for damages.
    I just spoke with an HP rep, and he said this package is also available for those that buy the TouchPad from someone else. He said to call HP right away, and they'll get it done for me.
  11.    #11  
    ^^^^
    Good deal!
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Don't know why I assumed this was a best buy thing, the OP even said "HP Care Pack". My bad.

I know I've helped people who had some serious problems with HP's warranty support for their pavilion laptops. I wouldn't want to rely on that alone, so the care pack sounds like the way to go...
    Ok I posted this in the should we buy direct from HP and the found this thread seems like a better fit.

Here is what I pulled from SquareTrade

Here I what I found on SquareTrade

ORDER SUMMARY
    Item: tablets
    Coverage Limit: *$599.00 warranty summary
    2 year product Care Plan $54.99
    Accidental Damage from Handling $45.00
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    Total $99.99

https://www.squaretrade.com/pages/

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say? I have read a few good comments here and there and I have seen their icon around for years. For 50% of the cost I will at least explore the option.

Feedback welcome.
    graylion
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, I cannot believe I didn't think of SquareTrade. They're awesome, I've used them for both my TVs (it paid itself for one of them, when I had to get a power supply replaced three years into ownership); they've also replaced my wife's iPhone 3GS (we got an iPhone 4 with the money) when it took a head first dive into the pavement.

Their service is very good, the claims process is painless (all online) and if you do a quick Google search, you'll frequently find 20%-50% discount coupons.

I've contacted the HP rep that helped me with the pre-order to cancel the Care Pack Service. At $89 for one year only, HP's warranty is much more expensive than SquareTrade's.

As soon as I get my TouchPad, I'll be purchasing a SquareTrade warranty.

PS: the warranties are also transferrable. When I sold my Nikon DSLR, the buyer mentioned she chose my item simply because it still had 2 years left on the warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Ok I posted this in the should we buy direct from HP and the found this thread seems like a better fit.

Here is what I pulled from SquareTrade

Here I what I found on SquareTrade

ORDER SUMMARY
    Item: tablets
    Coverage Limit: *$599.00 warranty summary
    2 year product Care Plan $54.99
    Accidental Damage from Handling $45.00
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    Total $99.99

https://www.squaretrade.com/pages/

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say? I have read a few good comments here and there and I have seen their icon around for years. For 50% of the cost I will at least explore the option.

Feedback welcome.
    That's a great idea! I'm buying at BBY for the buy-back program, since I A$$ume that hp will put out a complete and better hardware version of the touchpad within the year, but I didn't want to pay $200 for two years of warranty protection and replacement toeither Best Buy or hp. I'm going with Square Trade.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...