Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does one product have to sale for another to succeed. I'd say that the ipad is market leader that all the other tablets are fighting for the number 2 spot.
    This would be a better read if the author did a little research.

HP is already planning to release a 7" tablet most likely under the $500 price point.

Also, if HP sells there tablets for no margin that also means no retail store is going to carry them.

Sure I would like things I want to buy to be cheaper, but honestly people considering tablets at this point aren't that price sensitive. The best selling iPad isn't even the cheapest and that doesn't even count what people are spending on cases and accessories. From what I have seen most people buying iPads are spending $600-$800.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    The best selling iPad isn't even the cheapest .
    can you point me to a link for this? i heard about this quite a lot, but haven't find a link for it.
    Pretty sure zdnet has been irrelevant for several years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    can you point me to a link for this? i heard about this quite a lot, but haven't find a link for it.
    Apple's 64GB 3G iPad 2 continues to dominate tablet sales - IT News from V3.co.uk
    [ironic]Curious... the most pricey one.[/ironic]

I think they're right pricing the Touchpad as is. From a developer standpoint, 100 bucks less supposes enter into the "garbage collectors" market space, and those guys don't buy apps. It's better to have 4 millions of active ecosystem users than 15 millions of inactive ones.

I know, I know, I'm generalizing, not everybody acts the same. But as a whole, that's what's happening with Android payware.

Of course, that doesn't mean that there isn't money to earn in the Android Market: there is a lot.
    Newness Developments apps:

Just like almost everything else, some writers like to go against the grain, in hopes that at least one their contrarian views is correct and they can claim to be, from that point on, a "guru".

Most of ZDnet's writers have been much more favorable to webOS and, are really looking forward to its release.. this one dude is a blogger with a goal to become one of their writers, so, he's willing to go out on a limb and make all sorts of projections that others may find a bit of a stretch.

While he does make some valid points, the brazen and arrogant title of his article is a huge clue to his real intentions, as I alluded to above...

HP's Apotheker said that this isnt a sprint, its a marathon... whatever the TP does out of the gate won't matter as much as what happens after it is released and more WebOS products, pads/smartphones are released and increase the WebOS brand and draw more users into the ecosystem, over time.

That's how you build a brand and gain real solid market share.. something HP knows an awful lot about.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Fickle bunch, ZDNet was pretty relevant and respected with this community in these threads, now they haven't been "relevant" in years.
    So what you're saying is that some users on a WebOS forum like good news about WebOS devices, and don't like bad news?

REALLY??

Wow, who woulda thunk it?
    This is a play out of Tech Crunch's book, it's just click trolling. Make some sensational headline, get a bunch of clicks, use those clicks to sell ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    [url='s 64GB 3G iPad 2 continues to dominate tablet sales - IT News from V3.co.uk[/url]
    so among th wifi version, 16g is better seller than 32g?
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    [ironic]Curious... the most pricey one.[/ironic]

I think they're right pricing the Touchpad as is. From a developer standpoint, 100 bucks less supposes enter into the "garbage collectors" market space, and those guys don't buy apps. It's better to have 4 millions of active ecosystem users than 15 millions of inactive ones.

I know, I know, I'm generalizing, not everybody acts the same. But as a whole, that's what's happening with Android payware.

Of course, that doesn't mean that there isn't money to earn in the Android Market: there is a lot.
    if you check the thread here about 32G vs 16G, most ppl who want 32G are for movies and music collection, not apps.
    Well, the writer does bring up many valid points. Maybe not DOA but it's hard to see it being a smash hit. Completely agree with releasing a 7" TP quickly. The original Galaxy Tab and Playbook are the only *real* 7-inchers out there now and HP can steal that market. I for one would prefer to buy a 7" model over a 8.9/10.1 model for portability sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ZDnet is DOA... They haven't been relevant for years.
    I am astonished that someone really reads their stuff anymore...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    so sick of hearing that they should have priced it cheaper. they absolutely should not have priced it cheaper than Ipad because by doing so you are admitting that it is an inferior product. yes, really.
    I find this argument amusing for the sole reason that when the original Pre launched on Sprint people were losing their fricken minds because it was priced the same as the iPhone. Everyone and their mother was giving Sprint and Palm a ration of crap saying the phone should be cheaper.. they needed to undercut Apple.. "who's going to buy this phone when they can have an iPhone at the same price?!?!" ..

And here we are today saying that the TP should be the same price as the iPad2 because to do otherwise would be an admission of inferiority? Where was this argument when the Pre launched?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    the pre sprint launch was also the most successful in sprints history at the time. the problem was palm was not finished with the product, and sprint users felt we were being used as beta testers.
    add in the 30% return rates because of defective hardware and it all just unravelled =\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    the pre sprint launch was also the most successful in sprints history at the time. the problem was palm was not finished with the product, and sprint users felt we were being used as beta testers.
    add in the 30% return rates because of defective hardware and it all just unravelled =\
    What the 30% rate a fact or just rumor? I know Sprint sent out a press release disputing a rate published by some "news site" that used Precentral to determine the number of users who were returning the devices (many for petty, downright laughable reasons, IMHO).
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/bla...t;feature-roto

The article is spot on about both Companies issues (HP & RIM) and tablets problems. Have both them killed their future in the Tablet market? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Rainforrest; 07/05/2011 at 07:31 PM.
    Im pretty sure this has been posted.
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I swear.. ZDnet has become the new cnet (or must have hired a bunch of their reviewers) because lately everything they seem to crap out isn't actual reviewing/writing - but just an opinion piece.

Those who can: do. Those who can't: write for zdnet and cnet.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast