1.    #1  
    What do you think about the new HP ads which all show devices facing away from the user? It's definitely an aggressive in-your-face approach to advertising. You see hands and often a partially obscured head. Usually, ads for these kinds of devices are designed to facilitate you envision yourself using the device - that could be me.

This is more of a "here it is" message with the person holding the device in a way that most of would never hold it.

I like it, but the guy at the bottom looks to have an impossibly shaped head that is squished much like a Ken doll head... lol.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I like it, but the guy at the bottom looks to have an impossibly shaped head that is squished much like a Ken doll head... lol.
    I'm not sure I would want to tell him that to his face, unless I had a HUGE smile on my face, winking all the time.
    NNJ
    I really like it, think it's very effective. The devices look 'bold' and 'confident' if tha makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I'm not sure I would want to tell him that to his face, unless I had a HUGE smile on my face, winking all the time.
    That sounds almost as bad :O
    Actually, much worse....

Hey man... <wink, wink> <cheesey grin> you look like a Ken Doll <wink>
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Actually, much worse....

Then you wake up in the hospital a week later...

I think they're great ads. If only the Touchpad ad would surprise you with a rear-facing camera...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    LMAO!
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hahah wow
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Actually, much worse....

Hahaha, you're right, MUCH worse.
    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What do you think about the new HP ads which all show devices facing away from the user? Usually, ads for these kinds of devices are designed to facilitate you envision yourself using the device - that could be me.

This is more of a "here it is" message with the person holding the device in a way that most of would never hold it.
    Some interesting insights you have there. The commercials show what we would see if we were using the device, so it is wholly from the customer's vantage point. Since the display and colors are attractive, it gets attention and its way of marketing stands out from other devices as after awhile they all look the same (except for that android one which shows all the cats tumbling all over the screen).
    Maybe its like ur sharing the device with someone! Everybody On!
    All the ads on HP touchpad will reveal some big name celebrity when their face is show towards the end of the ADS?

am i the only one who picked this up?

Chris
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What do you think about the new HP ads which all show devices facing away from the user? It's definitely an aggressive in-your-face approach to advertising. You see hands and often a partially obscured head. Usually, ads for these kinds of devices are designed to facilitate you envision yourself using the device - that could be me.

It worked for 'The Computer is Personal Again' ad campaign. These ads are pretty similar in style to that.