1.    #1  
    Was at the East El Paso Best Buy yesterday, and asked about sending video to my TV. The HP rep there (Jonathan) replied that the Touchpad would be DLNA certified! Not sure if that really means easy video over wifi, but it should mean we can access our network media on the device (I hope)!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Hmmmm didn't see the touchpad listed in the list of HP products.... Product Search - DLNA
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    Was at the East El Paso Best Buy yesterday, and asked about sending video to my TV. The HP rep there (Jonathan) replied that the Touchpad would be DLNA certified! Not sure if that really means easy video over wifi, but it should mean we can access our network media on the device (I hope)!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    BestBuy employees have less information than we do. He's making stuff up.
    DLNA never worked for me. The specification is too loose. Manufacturers can only adopt a subset of the recommended features and still get certified for DLNA. That's why many of them (TV manufacturers) don't have MP4 playback. That's totally confusing and _not_ what I would want to be used. I'd say: Pay Apple royalties for AirPlay and get it right from the beginning.
    Are the HP reps the new version of the "a Sprint rep told me"?
    I was about to start a new thread on this but this one will do to ask my question: Does the Touchpad have capabilty (hardware/software) to be DLNA certified? I would personally prefer this to HDMI video out. Especially if it works to stream everything (media files/screen output) from the Touchpad to a DLNA TV.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    You need to install BHome Pro from the app catalog. It streams content from my DLNA server just fine. Here's a thread discussing this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    You need to install BHome Pro from the app catalog. It streams content from my DLNA server just fine. Here's a thread discussing this app.
    I apologize. I should have been more specific. Can the Touchpad act as a DLNA server to stream content to other devices? Like if I purchase a movie on demand from the HP Movie Store can I stream it from my Touchpad to a DLNA TV since their is no HDMI out on the Touchpad? I would definitely prefer this to HDMI out because I can hold the Touchpad in my hand and use it as a remote as it is streaming a movie over my wireless network to my TV.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Can the Touchpad act as a DLNA server to stream content to other devices?
    Don't know about this. But my initial guess would be no.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    I'd say: Pay Apple royalties for AirPlay and get it right from the beginning.
    I'd say go for WiDi.

Plus I doubt Apple wants to let anyone into their ecosystem even just a little bit.
    Pioneer already licenses Airplay for audio only.

About video Airplay Licenses, it is being considered:
    Apple Is Said to Consider Expanding AirPlay for Streaming Video
    I still say go with WiDi. Requiring new equipment either way, I'd rather pay Intel than Apple.