1.    #1  
    I have a few questions about the touchpad because i was planning on getting it (My dell laptop has been giving me a ton of problems, so itll be nice to use that as a backup, and mainly use my touchpad)

1. Can i use a generic bluetooth keyboard? It should work right?
    2. Will it support external harddrives? Since it has a USB 2.0 Port
    3. Will the message/call forwarding work with Android Phones? i just recently switched to android from a palm pre plus
    Hi saleemyas3,

Here are my answers for you:

1) We don't know if the upcoming device allows it yet (I would imagine it would as HP has said they are working with 3rd party vendors).
    2) Not at this time. Having a USB port doesn't mean it will work the same as a computer. It will be up to HP if they want the devices to have that capability, but right now they won't.
    3) No. TouchToShare and call forwarding/sharing will only work between 2 webOS devices with the proper software versions (2.2 and beyond). Android is a competing product and HP is looking to expand the webOS platform - which cannot be done if they allow competing devices to have the same benefits as their own phones. For this feature, the older Pre (minus and plus) are too long in the tooth anyway. You would need a webOS device no older than the Pre2 and it would have to be running webOS 2.2 or greater (when it is made available).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/20/2011 at 02:26 AM.
    1) webOS 2.x allows generic BT keyboards. I assume 3.x is the same. Also they said they will work with 3rd party vendors to make KBs with specifi webOS buttons.
    2)No. I doubt it will come either. They want you to use the cloud.
    3)as above.
    generic keyboards will work. They naturally don't have webos-specific keys like a cardview key.
    Quote Originally Posted by saleemyas3 View Post
    2. Will it support external harddrives? Since it has a USB 2.0 Port
    Something I noticed on the Pre 3 tech specs located here:

Quote Originally Posted by http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/webos/uk/en/smartphones/pre3-specs.html
    Memory:
    512MB RAM; choose from 8GB or 16GB internal storage
    USB mass storage support
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this mean the Pre 3 has a USB Host and can therefore connect to USB external storage? It seems odd that the Pre 3 can do this and not the TouchPad.
    No, it means that the Pre 3 will act as a USB Mass Storage device. ie. when you plug it into a computer it will appear like another drive.
    I bet the folks at webOS Internals will get the Touchpad to work with USB flash sticks. If they can get full external hard drives to work that would be even more awesome.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I bet the folks at webOS Internals will get the Touchpad to work with USB flash sticks. If they can get full external hard drives to work that would be even more awesome.
    I wouldn't hold my breathe.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    No, it means that the Pre 3 will act as a USB Mass Storage device. ie. when you plug it into a computer it will appear like another drive.
    Damn, I guess you are right. Still, it brings up another question. Can you link the Pre 3 and the Touchpad via USB, and what will it do?