Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a quick search and found Engadget gave posts that, if not positve, at least announced the Pre-Orders of new tablets such as the Toshiba Thrive and the Galaxy 10.1"

But on the TouchPad's first pre-order day they'd rather post this.

What gives????
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Don't read too much into it. That same news was posted on Precentral, only a few days earlier, since Precentral is much quicker on the webos news.
    As much as people here are stoked about the TP, it just isn't all that big a deal for the general gadget loving community. Most Engadget readers care more about the galaxy tab 10.1
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Perception is a funny thing. Apple fans usually blast Engadget for their perceived slant against Apple.

Personally, I always felt that Engadget was very pro-Palm/webOS and since HP's takeover, I haven't read anything to the contrary. In fact, former Engadget senior editor Joshua Topolsky was a big fan of webOS.

And even their readers are pretty favorable to webOS. Pick any recent webOS-related article and you'll find tons of positive feedback from readers.
    it's simply a reflection that they don't care as much, so their news is slow on this.
    Engadget viewers dislike engadget a lot. They've lost so much credibility lately, their opinion shouldn't matter anymore. They've got to earn respect back now IMHO.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Engadget is slower with webos news than precentral.

But on the point that engadget is being negative towards webos? no it's not, it's called reality. It's extremely stupid to launch a device that is aimed at enterprise that can't edit docs out of the box. Companies aren't going to take chances like consumers do, and wait for "in the future".
    It is not just engadget, even DIETER BOHN didnt mention pre-order available on thisismynext dot com
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    If anything they've all been too nice.

I personally don't feel like I've heard enough about how slow it is. It's really, really slow when compared to the main competitors product. It's also kind of bulky. I'm buying the pre3 when it comes out, but even that needs some work.
    Old news... look at the source, they aren't posting an opinion, just quoting citing an article here on P|C
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    If anything they've all been too nice.

I personally don't feel like I've heard enough about how slow it is. It's really, really slow when compared to the main competitors product. It's also kind of bulky. I'm buying the pre3 when it comes out, but even that needs some work.
    Geez.... you want articles complaining about how slow it is before it is even released. Nothing like expecting the worst. How about we get excited that perhaps the articles will praise how well it does. It may not pre-load images of an app's main screen to make it look like it opens apps instantaneously, but it's a quick device without the need for smoke and mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's simply a reflection that they don't care as much, so their news is slow on this.
    But you could say that the negativity of some on PC shows that they don't care for the product as well

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    But you could say that the negativity of some on PC shows that they don't care for the product as well

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sure, if their relevant news is a week old on whatever topic you were referring too.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    As much as people here are stoked about the TP, it just isn't all that big a deal for the general gadget loving community. Most Engadget readers care more about the galaxy tab 10.1
    i'll beg to differ on that. i've seen some pretty positive anticipation in the comments on certain Touchpad articles. Maybe not this one, of course but i thought more people would be knocking it since its not the Ipad.
    true looking at the comments most people will say that engagdet is all for certain companies and against others (cough webos). So with most of the comments siding with Webos, it is really a good thing to me that most people respect the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Geez.... you want articles complaining about how slow it is before it is even released. Nothing like expecting the worst. How about we get excited that perhaps the articles will praise how well it does. It may not pre-load images of an app's main screen to make it look like it opens apps instantaneously, but it's a quick device without the need for smoke and mirrors.
    Do you know if the pre-loading of an image something that webOS could do, or is it limited in this respect for whatever reason?
    Of course it's something that WebOS could do. All it is is the dev takes a screenshot of the app when it first loads, and then the OS (in this case, iOS) hides all the elements that are (going to be) visible after it *loads* (cough), and then by the time it's ready you won't have noticed that it was loading.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Engadget was always a few days behind on the news. Now that HuffPo has taken over, it's gotten downright awful.
    It's interesting to me that people think that engadget has been negative towards webOS. Frankly, I got in line for my launch day pre- mostly on the strength of Joshua Topolsky's overly glowing review. He specifically noted things that were working that did not work for me - not through any of the 6 replacement phones that I had.

Don't get me wrong. I love me some webOS - especially my Pre2. But it was a very rough start and I never understood how JT could have given it such a positive review.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I don't really see any negative bias about webOs but I think its fair to say Topolsky was the only outspoken fan of webOS at engadget. He's really into webOS, perhaps more than a journalist should be (well assuming you tech bloggers should be neutral).
    When they get things right he heaps praise on it, when Palm/HP disappoints he gets damn near depressed. Its kinda funny.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast