Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    I ordered mine. I know it's sunday and I know its fathers day, but what's up????

I am not sure how many people are trying to pre-order. If someone less informed then us goes to try and order it and get to a dead page maybe they go to another site, or maybe they go to another product. It's a simple webpage... I have shopped on amazon for years, I can't even count how many things I have bought for me and everyone else either from them or via the marketplace. I haven't once gotten a dead page. I even use amazon for research on products I look up for other people and never.

If Hp is attempting to win over people not on this site they are doing a crappy job. Walmart= sorry, target= sorry, BB= un-informed and unless you walk in with knowledge you get bubkiss, amazon= dead pages and dead links unless you use pre-central. So that leaves hp, newegg, staples, and a few other sites.

The reason i am freaking is because if they can't even get the webpage right how are suppose to know they even will send it out before christmas. I would feel better if they just fixed the webpage. OK done now.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I sent amazon email pointing out that a search resulted in lots of things which weren't an HP TouchPad, plus one small link to TP which was dead, and that a link from an external site (here) linked to a decent page on their site, but that all the links on that page were dead. They responded with an email which contained ... the same dead links. It's as if they are taking steps to make sure they DON'T take pre-orders for this product. So yeah, it bugs me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    If Hp is attempting to win over people not on this site they are doing a crappy job. Walmart= sorry, target= sorry, BB= un-informed and unless you walk in with knowledge you get bubkiss, amazon= dead pages and dead links unless you use pre-central. So that leaves hp, newegg, staples, and a few other sites.
    So what you are saying is since you are unable to order the TouchPad from your retailer then HP isn't serious about selling their product? The fact they have it up for pre-order at 13 other retailers isn't enough for you?

Also, Amazon link works fine.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I don't know why you're bothering to tell us the links work fine when they don't.

HP TouchPad <-- this much does work, but all of the detail links within, such as http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-Computer-FB359UA-ABA/dp/B0055D66V4/ref=br_lf_m_1000697331_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=pc&pf_rd_p=1306013722&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000697331&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08NDQZH55VK6MRKYNEAA give 404 errors. "The address you entered is not a functioning page on our site." (Separate issue: I take umbrage at things like this which attempt to blame *me* ["address *you* entered"] when all I did is click on a link on *their* site. Grrrr.)

Now, I don't blame HP for this (as the OP seems to) - I blame Amazon - which is why I sent Amazon email about it.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    I blame both... Of course hp can't control amazon directly, but let me ask you this if you were selling an item on amazon( and also other places) the day you release it are you gonna check to make sure it's working??? If it's not and you are as big as HP are you not going to lean on them to fix it asap... I am not a eCommerce expert or a webpage guru but IT'S A WEBLINK!!!!! Why is it dead? and for this long? Heck by now someone from HP should have hacked the page and fixed it( hahaha just kidding)

My point was that I got mine and I know it's available on other site(I don't know about 13 that actually will have them) but what about the general public? I understand not everyone will pre-order, but most people go to either amazon bb or wally world.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I don't know why you're bothering to tell us the links work fine when they don't.

HP TouchPad <-- this much does work, but all of the detail links within, such as Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB Tablet Computer (FB359UA#ABA): Computer & Accessories give 404 errors. "The address you entered is not a functioning page on our site." (Separate issue: I take umbrage at things like this which attempt to blame *me* ["address *you* entered"] when all I did is click on a link on *their* site. Grrrr.)

Now, I don't blame HP for this (as the OP seems to) - I blame Amazon - which is why I sent Amazon email about it.
    Hmm suddenly it started working for me.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    this just in.... it works. amazon is up and running. ok i feel better now.
    Seriously, all us ladies are getting our panties in a bunch with really no reason.

Realizing that HP's target market (rightfully so, I may add) is the general public, not some enthusiast website members that track every press release and even webpage code for hints on any new product information.

My point is, for the general public visiting Amazon today, both TouchPads are available for pre-order and all's fine. Same thing with other retailers' website. For brick and mortar, two weeks ahead of any launch you will never see any information on a product (those BBY displays we've seen for the TouchPad are too far and few in between), much less having store clerks with any info on this product.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -next week is when the real stuff will begin to happen. For now, those of us that have pre-ordered (or not), just sit back and relax.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Agreed, the Amazon web pages are working now.