Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I also posted a comment on the review, gave it a thumbs down, and tried to clarify the misinformation in my response. Also reported it

It's insane how wrong, misleading, and generally unhelpful that review was. Made me angry!

That said, I'm in for a preorder and a friend is as well. Don't dissapoint HP - and Best Buy BETTER HAVE THEM LAUNCH DAY
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    damn yo, the guy just seems to be advertising for samsung or something. nothing about the review was accurate at all haha
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    How is posting a 5 star review any better than what this guy posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Exactly...it's the same mentality that people have when they voted for the Pre in all those contests. They used multiple computers to cast as many votes as possible and encouraged others to do the same. When the Pre won they were ecstatic!

I said it before, I'll say it again....If you have to cheat to win, you've already lost.
    I say just treat the review like one of those polls, everybody head over & give it a thumbs down. Everything about his review is off, he doesn't even name the OS correctly: HP OS & it's based off Android. Come on man, seriously?
    Here's his review quoted below:

Friends, I need to warn you about the HP operating system, it is based on the android operating system, but they have done this so they have ultimate say what can and can not be added. For the same price the Samsung Galaxy Tab is far superior.

What's great about it: should be quick nice processor
    What's not so great: 90% of device, also the HP OS is going to be too restrictive.
    Yeah, just head on over to the review page and give it a nice .
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hey at least we know that showerbag lives in Cincinnati...
    Not me, I swear. But find out who he is and we'll have words.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Napster, you miss the point entirely. If the 5 star reviews posted do not do either of the following:

1) Misrepresent the experience of the person posting (i.e review based on indirect evidence- YouTube and specs vs. claiming first hand evidence) or,

2) Misrepresent the actual capabilities of the product, as apparently the negative reviewer did in his review.

Nor is it the same to go to the site of a product that you have no intention of embracing and posting an obviously bogus and negative review and someone posting a rebuttal of that review.

Obviously, Best Buy doesn't seem to care about the accuracy of the reviews. I tend to think that such an obviously ill informed review will show up the reviewer for what he is (biased and ignorant), but I tend to be generally optimistic. However negative word of mouth can be damaging and if people have enough passion to feel the need to set the record straight -fairly, of course- what is your beef with that?

There are sure enough people out there who feel the need to counter ANY positive news on HP/Palm front with a negative spin. I wonder how many of them spend the same amount of time pointing out negative aspects of the Android, iOS, RIM, Win7, or Symbian ecosystems? If not, can you really claim to be fair and unbiased?

Just Asking...

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    You don't think posting a 5 star review is as inherently dishonest as posting a 2 star review considering the product is nearly 2 weeks away from launch?
    i saw that comment too and was like wow, negativity already. it's funny how that was just a plug for the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but the question is...who in the world said that webOS was based off Android??? thats news to me, and to be honest, webOS has a much better experience than Android (minus the occasional hardware issues).
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Check it out now there are 12 reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    So we went from 1 phoney review to 12.. smh

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    So where are these people getting their hands on a TouchPad?

My idea of a review is to post your thoughts AFTER hands on experience with a device, not what you've read about it, saw on YouTube or heard from HP.

Have any of those 12 posters actually used a TouchPad yet?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    It is our job as the Palm faithful to promote this device and squash every attempt to berate the device. Especially when it's wrong. Listen, I know WebOS. And I've seen it in action on the TouchPad (videos of course). With that said, I felt that I need to counter-attack and destroy the impact the review will have. Hate me for it, but whatever. Had to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Hey at least we know that showerbag lives in Cincinnati...
    it makes me sick that he even lives in the same state as me...
    Well, it looks like that guy's review now has 272 thumbs down, lol.
    Good job folks.
    You don't think posting a 5 star review is as inherently dishonest as posting a 2 star review considering the product is nearly 2 weeks away from launch?
    no, the comment isn't even a review... its someones misinformed opinion that is attempting to drive away potential customers based on false information. many of the 5 star reviews at least give good factual information and more ways for people to find even more information about the product, such as this:"Go to YouTube and type "get to know HP TouchPad" for more information."

so no, i don't think its as dishonest. its not about the number of stars for me, its about the accuracy of the text. while the product is not out yet, we all know that the 2 star review is insanely untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by PR3mier View Post
    I stopped by the Best Buy preorder page for the 16GB Touchpad.
    Someone has already sent in a review. It was highly inaccurate and misleading.
    Go check it out.

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA
    Wow that was a quick onslaught of updated and accurate reviews. The Tabletenthusiast dude must be bummed that 400 webOS fanatics logged in simply to make the correction and point out that he's just an ***** sad that his Samsung tablet is not doing as well as he would like.

Good going everyone! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by PR3mier View Post
    I stopped by the Best Buy preorder page for the 16GB Touchpad.
    Someone has already sent in a review. It was highly inaccurate and misleading.
    Go check it out.

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA
    I answered his review with a
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    WoW, best buy is selling TP early~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    He posted another comment saying 'ignore my previous review, my account was hacked...' I suppose we let bygones be bygones seeing as TP now has average of 4.8 stars
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast