View Poll Results: Did you preorder a Touchpad?!

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 16GB

40 22.35%
  • Yes, the 32GB

44 24.58%
  • No, not this time around

74 41.34%
  • I plan to before July 1

21 11.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    voted not this time around
    simply because it makes more sense for me to just wait till July 15 when it is available up here in Canada - I know people up here won't be flopping to get it the moment it's available.
    I did pre-order and I've just cancelled now too - really due to the excellent info on this forum. The lack of a USB Host capability (confirmed by numerous reports elsewhere on the web is a serious negative for me), perhaps HP will fix it but I'd really rather not take the risk.

I'm going to hang on - the Toshiba Thrive rumoured to be arriving in the UK in the autumn is going to have full size USB and HDMI ports along with a replaceable battery and a full size SD card slot as well - I'll sit on the fence a little longer.
    I'm holding out to see what the 7 inch looks like.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I haven’t preordered because I'm waiting to see if anyone offers any package deals when we get closer to release and I'm still not 100% sure if I want one and thinking I should wait till it has been out a while to see how well they are selling and what kind of reviews it’s getting from everyday use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I did pre-order and I've just cancelled now too - really due to the excellent info on this forum. The lack of a USB Host capability (confirmed by numerous reports elsewhere on the web is a serious negative for me), perhaps HP will fix it but I'd really rather not take the risk.

I'm going to hang on - the Toshiba Thrive rumoured to be arriving in the UK in the autumn is going to have full size USB and HDMI ports along with a replaceable battery and a full size SD card slot as well - I'll sit on the fence a little longer.
    Don't think this is true... How else can u put music and pictures in it if not thru USB host?!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts
    I'm waiting until Christmas. By then, the price will have dropped and HP should have document editing and a few bugs worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I'm waiting until Christmas. By then, the price will have dropped and HP should have document editing and a few bugs worked out.
    Why not just wait till next summer then? Prices will be even lower and even more bugs will be worked out....
    I went with preordering a 16GB version from Newegg instead of buying locally at BB or Staples, simply because all the rumors I read pointed to the stores only getting 32GB (and I'm not willing to pay an extra $100 for something I don't need). I'm going to stop by some local stores and ask if they know yet what they'll be getting, so I might end up canceling my preorder.

I do know that one Staples I asked said they will only be getting 3 total on launch day... I forgot to ask whether they were 16/32GB. Only getting 3 will be rough on people trying to get one at a local store if there is any kind of demand for this.
    My HP Sales rep Addnew Sales is quite the closer, yes I pre-ordered today.
    Clipped me for almost a grand after taxes and everything. HP Touchpad 32GB, Touchstone dock, Case, Keyboard, and upgraded warranty, an extra ac power adapter too. He threw in overnight delivery and said it should include Saturday delivery where I live.

He practically promised I'd receive it either July 1st or July 2nd (but could not guarantee it).
    I'll let you know on July 2nd if I'm a sucker or or not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I pre-ordered the HP Touchpad 32GB, Touchstock Dock, Case, Keyboard and upgrade warranty from HP - my sales rep was Amanda Waldron. She also threw in overnight FedEx delivery and is currently checking to see if that includes Saturday delivery (she indicated that a number of people requested it - she is working to see if it can be provided).

So - I'm probably looking at the 5th for delivery - but I still have pretty high hopes for the 2nd.

She also indicated that the accessories are going to be backordered about two weeks. I hope that's not the case. Anyone else heard such a claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Don't think this is true... How else can u put music and pictures in it if not thru USB host?!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

It's Wifi or Wifi - that's it - I'm saddened to report.
    Why is everyone getting the accessories through HP, instead of Amazon, who's selling these much cheaper (i.e.: $66 for Touchstone instead of $80 @HP)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    It's Wifi or Wifi - that's it - I'm saddened to report.
    Not true; like all previous webOS devices, the TouchPad can be used as an external drive when connected to a PC. Just drag and drop your music/files over.

I also read it (I think here on P|C) that HP will have a Windows program that will help you manage your music (and files too?) transfers, similar to iTunes.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    I went with preordering a 16GB version from Newegg instead of buying locally at BB or Staples, simply because all the rumors I read pointed to the stores only getting 32GB (and I'm not willing to pay an extra $100 for something I don't need). I'm going to stop by some local stores and ask if they know yet what they'll be getting, so I might end up canceling my preorder.

I do know that one Staples I asked said they will only be getting 3 total on launch day... I forgot to ask whether they were 16/32GB. Only getting 3 will be rough on people trying to get one at a local store if there is any kind of demand for this.
    I noticed on all of the site HP references as retailers advertise the 32GB first... like you have to search for the 16GB... I wonder why?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    I noticed on all of the site HP references as retailers advertise the 32GB first... like you have to search for the 16GB... I wonder why?
    Higher profit margin on the 32GB version.
    I originally ordered a 32 gb TouchPad thru the HP website a little after 12 am Sunday but cancelled that order and ordered one on the HP business toll free phone line and got free overnight shipping included in my new order.
    I don't want to take a risk of it not being delivered on day 1 so I plan to pick mine up at a retailer. If walmart has them available at 12AM I will be there
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    i preordered everything through Amazon. hopefully i'll have it soon after July 1
    I just tried to pre-order mine at the Best But near me just outside Indianapolis. The computer rep didn't know if you can pre-order tablets. He went off to go check and came back saying that you can, but the system was down. He recommended that we call and ask for the Best Buy Mobile department, as they were the ones with the right system for it. I may try calling tomorrow, but my confidence in that store is not very high.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I just tried to pre-order mine at the Best But near me just outside Indianapolis. The computer rep didn't know if you can pre-order tablets. He went off to go check and came back saying that you can, but the system was down. He recommended that we call and ask for the Best Buy Mobile department, as they were the ones with the right system for it. I may try calling tomorrow, but my confidence in that store is not very high.
    Cant you just pre-order from best buy online and have it shipped to your local store for pickup?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast