View Poll Results: Did you preorder a Touchpad?!

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 16GB

40 22.35%
  • Yes, the 32GB

44 24.58%
  • No, not this time around

74 41.34%
  • I plan to before July 1

21 11.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i may get a 7" if it looks good. 10" is too big to use at many places.
  2. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    16gb w/ 2 touchstones on order . . . afterwards I went ahead and bought the keyboard as well
    I pre-ordered through Best Buy. I had to go through 5 or 6 different employees/managers because no one knew anything about the TouchPad or that you could pre-order it.
    Need an option for "I'm waiting until July 1".

Don't really see a need to preorder, especially because I want one in my hands on July 1, I don't want to wait until the 5th, or pray that they gave me Saturday delivery on the 2nd. Not worried about stores being out. This isn't the iPad we're talking about, especially after I keep hearing stories like this:

Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I pre-ordered through Best Buy. I had to go through 5 or 6 different employees/managers because no one knew anything about the TouchPad or that you could pre-order it.

They'll have em. If not, I'll walk next door to Staples.
    None of the above. Waiting on the 3G/3.5G/4G version.
    Got my TouchPad from an HP rep and found the TouchStone on Amazon for $66.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ordered mines from BestBuy 16gb today!! Cannot wait to get it!!!
    ordered a 16gb from amazon, along with a touchstone and case.
    Am I the only one who ordered** just the Touchstone at Amazon? Their price, at just $66 with free (Prime) shipping is just amazing,

I'm trying the local retailers on July 1st (with Walmart at midnight) and if that doesn't work out, my HP pre-order will have me covered...

Or so the plan goes. :-p

//edit: wanted to clarify that since you can't yet order, I have it on my wish list and check Amazon every so often (just in case it's magically available prior to July 1st).
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 06/19/2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Ordered the 16gb and case from Amazon. No tax or shipping!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I wasn't planning on getting one. I really wasn't. But the new device bug is starting to itch and it just so happens I have a little extra cash coming in...

But I really don't need one....
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Same here.
    I am also waiting for the GSM Version!!!
    I personally don't see the appeal of a TouchPad with a cell radio, specially considering it means I'll have yet another data plan to chain myself to. Since we all carry around a perfectly capable 3G/4G phone and how, inevitably, you should eventually be able to tether the TouchPad, the wifi version is the perfect fit, for me.

To say nothing of how ubiquitous wifi really is nowadays. Heck, even some gas stations around here offer free wifi!
    Ditto
    I will be pre-ordering from BB tomorrow with the hope it comes in on the 1st. I plan on ordering the accessories through Amazon to save on taxes.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I personally don't see the appeal of a TouchPad with a cell radio, specially considering it means I'll have yet another data plan to chain myself to. Since we all carry around a perfectly capable 3G/4G phone and how, inevitably, you should eventually be able to tether the TouchPad, the wifi version is the perfect fit, for me.

To say nothing of how ubiquitous wifi really is nowadays. Heck, even some gas stations around here offer free wifi!

I am on SPRINT, I will not pay for a Data Plan on a GSM TP. My need arises when I travel abroad and I can buy a Pre-Paid Data SIM because my EVO is not GSM and Propably Pre3 won't be either...on sprint.
    Last edited by Gianny; 06/20/2011 at 03:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post

Most likely it'll be set up like the iPad where you buy what you need only when you need it.
  19.    #39  
    Most likely it'll be set up like the iPad where you buy what you need only when you need it.
    If the blue tooth capability works well and doesn't suck up too much battery life while "tethered" to the TP then I don't need the radio. but currently I can see a definite need.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I've still got some comparing to do. The 7 inch Opal may fit my needs (and hopefully budget) better.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast