Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. As far as I can tell, they pretty much always have an 18-month or longer free financing deal going. If the current one expires o the 30th, then they will almost certainly introduce another one the next day.

-Jeff
    That's what I'm hoping. I'll look for a BB credit email this week and check Sunday's ad. If not I've got the cash to buy it, but why should I. Learned a long time ago when it makes sense to use OPM (other peoples money).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett0 View Post
    I have a couple Displaylink USB to DVI adapters. I'm not thinking it will have WebOS support consdiering it doesn't even support Ubuntu. Won't hurt to give it a try when I get mine.
    I was really talking about finding a BB associate with access to the TouchPad and asking them to plug it into one of their displays to see what happens before the device even comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by thawkth View Post
    As an Employee, let me help you guys out. My store also had no idea what was happening (though we only had one touchpad preorder in store and it was a friend of mine, so I helped her personally)

If the employee doesn't know what's going on, this is the procedure:

There is a preorder form available. If they sign into the employee system they can simply type "touchpad" into the search box. The first result should be the PDF for the 16gb preorder. The second, 32gb. They are labeled obviously.

There is a Sku that says "preorder". They scan it, it says $50. When they hit total, it prompts to give a $50 gift card. They way it's supposed to work? Customer pays $50 and it goes onto gift card. Customer information is put onto the form. I made a copy and stapled a receipt to it, gave it to the client. Then the store is supposed to have a file on hand for when the day comes.

I'd suggest holding onto your receipt, though at the rate my store is going we should have plenty on hand.

I have heard we will have stock in hand on the first, though it's nothing 100% conclusive.
    Please tell me your store is in the Los Angeles area, so I can run over and have you help me out!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I preordered mine direct from HP today with overnight shipping (but because of the holiday i won't get it till the 5th) anyway all went smooth and I also ordered the case and the touchstone charger as well as the $89 1 year warranty - advanced replacement turnaround (1-2 days - they send me the new one before they get my broken one) and Accidential damage too! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!
    Out of curiosity, did you order through the HP Business side or Consumer side?
    Quote Originally Posted by thawkth View Post
    As an Employee, let me help you guys out. My store also had no idea what was happening (though we only had one touchpad preorder in store and it was a friend of mine, so I helped her personally)

If the employee doesn't know what's going on, this is the procedure:

There is a preorder form available. If they sign into the employee system they can simply type "touchpad" into the search box. The first result should be the PDF for the 16gb preorder. The second, 32gb. They are labeled obviously.

There is a Sku that says "preorder". They scan it, it says $50. When they hit total, it prompts to give a $50 gift card. They way it's supposed to work? Customer pays $50 and it goes onto gift card. Customer information is put onto the form. I made a copy and stapled a receipt to it, gave it to the client. Then the store is supposed to have a file on hand for when the day comes.

I'd suggest holding onto your receipt, though at the rate my store is going we should have plenty on hand.

I have heard we will have stock in hand on the first, though it's nothing 100% conclusive.
    I just got back from my local Best Buy. I was there yesterday, but this time, I had a print-out of the process outlined above.

Yesterday, we were told the mobile department would be able to do this, if it was available, so we started there. The blank look on the worker's face could win a staring match with Bambi's mom looking at an oncoming semi. She told us to go to the computer section, so we did.

The only worker in the department said thee was no pre-order for the Touchpad (he said this while playing on his EVO, but I digress). I whipped out the print-out while my wife asked to see a manager. We told them both that this is how to get the pre-order, and the employee looked at the manager with a look that said "Aww...do I have to??"

Off to the computer and about 3 minutes later, I had the pre-order form for a 32GB Touchpad in hand. We had to go to the Customer service desk (no gift cards in the computer department). The person behind the desk had on one of those "Hi...My name is" stickers that you see at a family reunion. It is never a good sign when the person has their right had permanently raised up to the call button on their comm-unit.

A few calls later, someone showed up and about 5 minutes later I had my receipt and was heading out the door.

I knew this store was incompetent, but service like this wish I had a Buy More in the area. At least one of the Geek Squad looked like Jeff and Lester had a child.

Now, the $50,000 question is...

Will it be available on July 1st?

Thanks to thawkth for providing the ammo I needed to get this done.
    I pre-ordered mine on the third store try! You should go to the In Store pickup dept, and give them the "pre-order SKU": 2490126. That is a different SKU than the one for the touchpad. Go now!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Haha, East Coast. I don't understand why people would have trouble. If someone says "I want x product!" and I've never heard of it, logic would suggest I, umm, search the system? The FIRST TWO RESULTS ARE PREORDER FORMS.

I kind of think it's time to transcend computer tech/geek squad agent. Just hard to find anything atm.

I honestly do not know what stock will look like on the 1st or frankly if there would be any - all I know is July 1 is designated in store launch day. We know almost nothing in advance and I've probably broken a few rules posting what I have already. It's obnoxious to have a product launch and customers have such a horrendous experience. I love this community and wanted to help, so I'm glad some of you were able to get a preorder with my help!
    Last edited by thawkth; 06/22/2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Update
    thawkth, do you generally have access to inventory numbers just prior to a product's launch? I'd expect you should have some more concrete date at least by next week's Wednesday or Thurday, no?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I certainly hope I'll know something more by then.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agchang View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you order through the HP Business side or Consumer side?
    I think it was through the Small/Medium Business side... I had signed up WAY back in Feb to get info on the availability so a rep named Keira Penny contacted me a few weeks ago to assist me and so I ordered through her over the phone and internet... if anyone wants her info let me know!!!! she was very helpful
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Have you been on HP online to review your order and anticipated shipping/delivery dates? How did the rep deal with day you might get it?
    ^^^

This is the latest on my order:

Code:
    Estimated Ship Date: 	  07/02/2011

Estimated Delivery Date:   07/03/2011
    But as I mentioned on an earlier thread, these dates are all placeholders -even with overnight shipping, there's no Sunday delivery (7/3), so, as per the HP rep, the dates should be updated late Thursday/early Friday.
    I pre-ordered from Future shop, and the only issue was the staff not knowing how to work the computer system. They had a sign, with a copious amount of pre order cards in plain sight. Took ten minutes for the cashier to figure out how to use it, though.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    Have you been on HP online to review your order and anticipated shipping/delivery dates? How did the rep deal with day you might get it?
    No i haven't been online to review it yet but Keira said that with FREE overnight shipping that I will have it by July 5 because of the holiday weekend but there is a chance that I may actually get it on the 2nd but she didn't want to say that because she can't guarantee that I will get it the 2nd but she did guarantee it by the 5th!

also she said that the extended service plans that they are offering are only through HP so I got one year for $89 that covers accidental damage (if i sit on it spill something on it etc) and has "Advanced turn around exchange" meaning they will send me a new one the day that I call to tell them something is wrong with mine, they won't wait till they get my broken one back first (that is pretty awesome!) so once I would get my replacement one then I send in my broken one!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    also she said that the extended service plans that they are offering are only through HP so I got one year for $89 that covers accidental damage (if i sit on it spill something on it etc) and has "Advanced turn around exchange" meaning they will send me a new one the day that I call to tell them something is wrong with mine, they won't wait till they get my broken one back first (that is pretty awesome!) so once I would get my replacement one then I send in my broken one!
    You can get two years for the same price from SquareTrade.com
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I just went there and searched it and it was 99 for 2 years which covers ADP but they say, "if we can't fix it we refund your money" does that mean what I paid for the device or what I paid for the warranty? either way that isn't what I want... I want a brand NEW device if mine brakes with no additional cost to me!

but that is something to keep in mind and on hand for future reference!
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I also got my through HP but have since cancelled. SquareTrade is a much better deal and I trust them, since I have their warranties for both my TVs, iPad, iPhone and DSLR camera.
    We even used their warranty service for a bad power supply on the Panasonic Plasma and the service was flawless.

You can even get a better deal by googling "squaretrade coupon" for additional savings.

//edit: code "thirty30" gives you 30% off. Not sure if/when it expires. So with coupon, 2yr warranty with accidental damage (drops, spills, etc), $70.
    I just went there and searched it and it was 99 for 2 years which covers ADP but they say, "if we can't fix it we refund your money" does that mean what I paid for the device or what I paid for the warranty? either way that isn't what I want... I want a brand NEW device if mine brakes with no additional cost to me!

but that is something to keep in mind and on hand for future reference!
    No, if they can't fix it, they'll pay you the price of the item itself, which you had to enter when you first sign up. You also need to upload a copy of your receipt (scan it or fax it) after you buy the warranty.

You can lookup their full terms on the site or even call them, they're quite helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    ^^^

This is the latest on my order:

Code:
    Estimated Ship Date:       07/02/2011

Estimated Delivery Date:   07/03/2011
    But as I mentioned on an earlier thread, these dates are all placeholders -even with overnight shipping, there's no Sunday delivery (7/3), so, as per the HP rep, the dates should be updated late Thursday/early Friday.
    I have an idea. It may just be the answer to all worries for those who's fed ex hub isn't too far away. See this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3002051
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    I went to a Best Buy in Tampa, FL in the afternoon to pre-order a Touchpad. Upon entering the parking lot, there was a huge advertisement (about the size of a Billboard above the entryway) for the Samsung 10.1 Tab. However, as I made my way to the computer department, I was happy to see a very nice HP display set up, front and center, for the upcoming Touch-pad. The poor Samsung 10.1 Tab was relegated to a table containing all the other non-Apple tablet devices. I was actually surprised (and rather disappointed) that they did not have a better display set up for the Samsung tablet.

At the HP display was an employee wearing an HP badge. He told me that he would be doing nothing but promoting the HP Touchpad once it went on sale. I said, "Great, I would like to pre-order one." He said I could do that and it would be ready for me to pick up on...............................July 10th.

Huh?????

What!?!?!?

"No, no, no!!", I exclaimed, "These are supposed to be available in the stores on July 1st!"

At first he held his ground and said it would not be available until the 10th. He said he was not even going to be trainined on it until the week of July 3rd. However, when he saw how adament I was that it was going to be available on the first, he went and checked his e-mail and came back with a print-out showing the July 1st release date and apologized for the mis-information.

He then led me to the customer service area, where they sold me a $50 gift card, and the receipt associated with the gift card stated that it was for reserving the HP Touchpad. They also gave me a reservation ticket, and said they would call me on release date to schedule an apointment for pick-up.

I asked about the accessories, and they said that they are not reserving the accessories, but they plan to have one of every accessory (keyboard, charging dock, and touchpad case) for every pre-order, and when those who pre-ordered come in to pick up their Touchpad, they will be able to choose and purchase whichever accessories they want to go with their pre-order.
    GAH! I just called the Citrus Park one last week and they said they couldn't preorder it for me.. Looks like I'll actually have to drive out to the location and make them do it. Hopefully there aren't too many of use this excited in the Bay area.. I want to get mine on launch!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast