Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92
  1. #41  
    Any really optimistic souls wanna take a chance to see if they'll try to hook a TouchPad up to a TV via a microUSB to HDMI adapter and see what happens?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Any really optimistic souls wanna take a chance to see if they'll try to hook a TouchPad up to a TV via a microUSB to HDMI adapter and see what happens?
    I have a couple Displaylink USB to DVI adapters. I'm not thinking it will have WebOS support consdiering it doesn't even support Ubuntu. Won't hurt to give it a try when I get mine.
  3. #43  
    After removing any identifying information, can any of you who succeeded in pre-ordering for July 1 store pickup post the actual documents that BBY gave you? Maybe that will help the other stores find the way!

    The two stores near me are COMPLETELY clueless, even the manager thought I was speaking Klingon - and that was while I was standing near and pointing at the HP TP store display she had set up.


    Thanks!

    And, yes, I was speaking Rihannsu.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Any really optimistic souls wanna take a chance to see if they'll try to hook a TouchPad up to a TV via a microUSB to HDMI adapter and see what happens?
    Sure, just send me the adapter and I'll happily try it out for you.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    After removing any identifying information, can any of you who succeeded in pre-ordering for July 1 store pickup post the actual documents that BBY gave you? Maybe that will help the other stores find the way!
    I can scan the page when I get home, but I only have the 16GB page of course.

    The Pre-sale SKU is 2490126...maybe that will help??
  6. mk9027866's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    After removing any identifying information, can any of you who succeeded in pre-ordering for July 1 store pickup post the actual documents that BBY gave you? Maybe that will help the other stores find the way!

    The two stores near me are COMPLETELY clueless, even the manager thought I was speaking Klingon - and that was while I was standing near and pointing at the HP TP store display she had set up.


    Thanks!

    And, yes, I was speaking Rihannsu.
    I just got back from a successful Best Buy preorder after no luck yesterday... Here is the sheet! This should also help...

    The Pre-Sale SKU is 2490126
    It looks like the form number is ETK6830.

    Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  7. #47  
    Is that a picture of the sheet? Can you break it up into two smaller pics, it won't print on an 81/2x11.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by dajlol77 View Post
    I can scan the page when I get home, but I only have the 16GB page of course.

    The Pre-sale SKU is 2490126...maybe that will help??
    Oh, they had the SKU: just not the brains!

    thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  9. JeffGr's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #49  
    They didn't actually give me a copy of the pre-order form. I just received the printed reciept and the gift card. The receipt did specifically say "HP Touchpad Pre-order" on it.

    -Jeff

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10. #50  
    At my local BBY, I was told (and read it on their policy too) that in case you don't get the TouchPad you've pre-ordered, the gift card you purchased (to act as a deposit) can be returned without problems and/or fees.
  11. #51  
    I just got done preordering from best buy, and had to walk him through the process thanks to you guys, he was totally unaware of anything. He told me the accessories wouldn't be in till the 7th for the dock, and 14 for the case. Oh well. Signed up for the best buy credit card, and got 18 months interest free. Can't wait till the first.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    I just got done preordering from best buy, and had to walk him through the process thanks to you guys, he was totally unaware of anything. He told me the accessories wouldn't be in till the 7th for the dock, and 14 for the case. Oh well. Signed up for the best buy credit card, and got 18 months interest free. Can't wait till the first.
    How did you get the financing on the preorder? They wouldn't let me pay in full so I could use my BB credit card. Peeved me off big time. Their answer was I could pay in full online but not in the store.

    Can't do an in-store pickup online and can't pay in full for an in-store preorder. How much sense does that make.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    They didn't actually give me a copy of the pre-order form. I just received the printed reciept and the gift card. The receipt did specifically say "HP Touchpad Pre-order" on it.

    -Jeff

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    I went to BBY in Sherman Oaks: they looked at me like I had asked them what was the name of the wife of the Prime Minister of Pakistan! Showed them the pre-order form: no idea what that doc was for. The store's two managers denied that any body pre-ordered the TP and even ran the computer seearch to show me!

    Maybe you better goback and check with them!!

    I am giving up!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  14. JeffGr's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I went to BBY in Sherman Oaks: they looked at me like I had asked them what was the name of the wife of the Prime Minister of Pakistan! Showed them the pre-order form: no idea what that doc was for. The store's two managers denied that any body pre-ordered the TP and even ran the computer seearch to show me!

    Maybe you better goback and check with them!!
    That is a bit disconcerting, to be sure! I do at least have a receipt with their store name and number on it (I just looked at it to confirm) that specifically says "TOUCHPAD 32GB PRESALE". Hopefully they won't mess up and give my unit away to someone else.

    I'll be sure to follow up with them around the 29th or 30th to make sure that they have it set aside for me.

    -Jeff
  15. lware14's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #55  
    I posted this directly on Best Buy's Facebook page. This goes beyond pre-ordering woes though. I wanted them to get their act together before it was too late.

    I got a bit of a response too. I posted it on HP's page as well, so they would know how poorly BB was handling pre-ordering. I'll be making my purchase elsewhere.

    http://www.facebook.com/lauren.ware
    Have to report I am unimpressed with the tablet salesperson at our Richmond, VA (Midlothian Turnpike) store this afternoon about an hour ago. I went in to pre-order the HP webOS touchpad that is due out on July 1. Though I said I am interested in this (the touchpad, coming soon display), he immediately started bashing it. For goodness sakes, if a customer is interested in something at least try and determine their needs, true interest level etc before bashing the product. He made sure I knew "he" owned an IPad2. There was also a white and black HP Veer smartphone on display there, and he bashed that too (it's so small, he said). Then he pulled out his huge oversized android phone and marveled at its touchscreen ability. Wow. It's going to be a long road for HP if we don't get some unbiased sales going on at Best Buy and other retailers.
    Sunday at 5:47pm Like
    Mari Nassar likes this.

    Best Buy Hello Lauren,

    Thank you for filling us in about your unsatisfactory experience at our Richmond store location. I completely apologize on how our salesperson acted when you inquired about the HP touchpad. He should have provided you with some more technical knowledge about the unit with a less biased opinion.

    I appreciate you making us aware of your visit to that store.

    -Ryan
    Sunday at 5:58pm Like
    Lauren Ware
    Thanks Ryan. It sort of burst my bubble this afternoon.
    Sunday at 6:01pm Like
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    How did you get the financing on the preorder? They wouldn't let me pay in full so I could use my BB credit card. Peeved me off big time. Their answer was I could pay in full online but not in the store.

    Can't do an in-store pickup online and can't pay in full for an in-store preorder. How much sense does that make.

    didn't actually pay for the full touchpad, just the 50, and the 80 for the dock, got approved for the card, so when I do i'll put the rest on the card, I can understand them not letting you pay the full amount, seeing as a store generally can't ring out something not sellable in the system.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    didn't actually pay for the full touchpad, just the 50, and the 80 for the dock, got approved for the card, so when I do i'll put the rest on the card, I can understand them not letting you pay the full amount, seeing as a store generally can't ring out something not sellable in the system.
    I already have a card and the current 18mo offer is only good until 6/30. That may differ for you as you just signed up for the card.

    What I don't get is that it IS sellable in the online system so why differ on the in-store. Almost my entire career has been retail management and you definitely can sell preordered merchandise if you choose to set it up that way.
    My company struggled as most have with an online presence until they asked us what we thought the most important issue with customers was. Hands down we responded that consistency between the B&M and website was the biggest complaint. Now if any price, offer, or promotion is not the same as what is in-store we match with no questions.
  18.    #58  
    Well, It sounds like my pre-order story was actually much better than a lot of others are experiencing from BBY...

    I'm hoping that this is still due to the newness of HP to the tablet/smartphone market and that once they are more established, these kinds of issues will not appear as often.

    If it helps further, you can ask your local best buy to call mine to tell them how to pre-order the device - PH # (860) 741-2002. (Enfield, CT) Maybe worth a shot?

    Good luck!
  19. JeffGr's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    I already have a card and the current 18mo offer is only good until 6/30.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. As far as I can tell, they pretty much always have an 18-month or longer free financing deal going. If the current one expires o the 30th, then they will almost certainly introduce another one the next day.

    -Jeff
  20. thawkth's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #60  
    As an Employee, let me help you guys out. My store also had no idea what was happening (though we only had one touchpad preorder in store and it was a friend of mine, so I helped her personally)

    If the employee doesn't know what's going on, this is the procedure:

    There is a preorder form available. If they sign into the employee system they can simply type "touchpad" into the search box. The first result should be the PDF for the 16gb preorder. The second, 32gb. They are labeled obviously.

    There is a Sku that says "preorder". They scan it, it says $50. When they hit total, it prompts to give a $50 gift card. They way it's supposed to work? Customer pays $50 and it goes onto gift card. Customer information is put onto the form. I made a copy and stapled a receipt to it, gave it to the client. Then the store is supposed to have a file on hand for when the day comes.

    I'd suggest holding onto your receipt, though at the rate my store is going we should have plenty on hand.

    I have heard we will have stock in hand on the first, though it's nothing 100% conclusive.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions