Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    It seems that we got tons posts of people placing their preorder. It's great, but I'm curious to see who did not preorder and is adopting the wait and see approach. I'm very tempted, but I wanted to see the initial wave of reviews before taking the plunge. $499 is a lot of money in this tight budget times.

Anyone else?
    I'm going to wait til I get the money, then see which store to buy from. Asap
    I'd like to get my hands on one to try. Definitely not pre ordering before the reviews are in. Might even wait till the first service pack(update)
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'll probably go to the B&M store to play with one just to satisfy my curiosity. I was at BestBuy and Staples the other day and I played with both iPad2 and the Xoom/other Android tablets. After literally just a few minutes, I lost interest and the novelty wore off! I was just as surprised myself! Glad I didn't impulse buy those tablets!
    I am, still too many unanswered questions for me. USB host and video out. If it has those 2 I will be picking it up I think
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I wait and see for everything, this will be no different. I will let all the early adopters work out the kinks, let HP release a bug fix or 2, and let Preware establish a solid base of patches and apps, then I will move on it.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I'm hoping for an accessory bundle, especially for the touchstone. $80, ouch!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I'm waiting to have the money for it. That's also going to allow me to see the reviews. With my luck, people will rave about it and I'll have TP envy!
    i dont see alot of preorders, do we have a count here?

edit, as of now, 13 people said they preordered online.
    Last edited by clevin; 06/19/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Waiting to see what Sprint does... I dont want the tablet without a new phone, it's hard to leave my 27% discount
    I am. Want to confirm doc editing and Netflix are launch apps as stated many times since Feb 9th.
    Data versions. I need those.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    I am. Want to confirm doc editing and Netflix are launch apps as stated many times since Feb 9th.
    well, it will be some wait for those. netflix is. . . did they actually promised netflix in any event?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Not purchasing a TouchPad unless I can get a webOS phone to pair it with on Sprint. I've been waiting on a tablet purchase until carriers are announced for Pre 3. If no HW on Sprint probably going to go the Nexus/iPad 2 or Samsung 10.1 approach.
    I just purchased a transformer so I am going to wait and see what the reviews say. I still think that at the current price touchstone charger should be bundled in.

I think in a few months when the dust settles the price will come down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I'll probably go to the B&M store to play with one just to satisfy my curiosity. I was at BestBuy and Staples the other day and I played with both iPad2 and the Xoom/other Android tablets. After literally just a few minutes, I lost interest and the novelty wore off! I was just as surprised myself! Glad I didn't impulse buy those tablets!
    I had the same feeling recently at BB. I talking about all tablets in general. Not something a really need, just a nice to have gadget. So I'm also going to wait to read reviews (assuming they come out just before 7/1) and when go to store to check it out.
    I am going to wait, as price typically drops
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    yup.. Having cash flow issues, though if I had the dough, I'd have pre-ordered today. =)
    I always wait to read reviews and watch videos. Most of the time products get recalled and they usually are the ones that are released first.
    I'd like to have one. Yet... no document editing is going to make me hold off a bit
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast