Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    I'm going to wait until next Friday and see where I can get it first.

Actually I'm pretty sure I'll be pre-ordering at Best Buy, I don't want to take any chances on not being able to get one.
    I came to post exactly that -well, almost exactly. My plan actually includes first going to the local 24hr Walmarts after midnight on Thursday (technically, Friday morning) to get mine. I've already called the local stores and they all confirmed that, as long as they have it in stock, they have no problem selling it after midnight.

If that doesn't work, I'll stop by Best Buy, Staples (same plaza), then Office Depot, Costco or Sam's Club.

If none of that works, I'll wait for my HP pre-order on Tuesday, but that will mean a very long 4 day weekend... (off on 7/1 just for the launch). And a very sad Carioca...

I really don't expect a rush on launch day for the TouchPad, specially considering that at $500, it's not really an impulse buy (for many). Also, unless otherwise stated in the next few days, there aren't any rumors of shortages.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'm flat out not getting it. I can't justify spending $500 on a tablet that's already "outdated" for that price from a company that has proven to me that it doesn't support or care about it's users (or small developers!). Also, as a photographer, I require the ability to load my pictures directly to the tablet and work with them - something another tablet from Apple actually has the software and hardware capabilities to do today!

If anything, I'd look at the new Archos tablet (Archos intros 80 G9 and 101 G9 Android 3.1 tablets: 1.5GHz CPU, 250GB HDD, 3G-ready (hands-on) -- Engadget). Much cheaper, faster processor (dualcore 1.5Ghz), HDD or SSD (with microSD), USB port, HDMI out... for $150 to $220 less!! Now if only it had the ease of webOS!
    I thought about waiting and seeing (for about 2 minutes) then decided I will be a day 1 purchaser. After holding the device in my hands last night and using it I have absolutely no doubts about purchasing it come July 1st.
    I would love a Touchpad, but I am also having problems justifying spending at least $500 bones for the 16gb model.

That also doesn't include the case for protection, Touchstone dock, BT Keyboard and otherwise to keep that investment safe.

I'm sure I'll buy one sooner or later and presently have my spare Nikon D50 for sale (sold two days ago for $250), my wife's Beull Blast she longer rides after breaking her knee, and a few other thing we simply don't need and can sell to make our Touchpad expense easier. Sorli..
    wondering on the pre- pre+ senerio....hoping HP doesn't release a hopped up TP in the coming months...i will tuck away my vacation pay intil the fall...motorcycle season windes down and couch potato time starts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Data versions. I need those.
    Same here.
    After playing with the demo at Walmart, Day 1 buyer for me. Tested out couple sites I plan on using alot to replace some apps. Youtube plays fine (though its desktop version, not mobile like iPad) and tested out Grooveshark since I'm not sure if there might be a touchpad app for that. Thankfully Grooveshark plays good and color layout looks to be made for the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    After playing with the demo at Walmart, Day 1 buyer for me. Tested out couple sites I plan on using alot to replace some apps. Youtube plays fine (though its desktop version, not mobile like iPad) and tested out Grooveshark since I'm not sure if there might be a touchpad app for that. Thankfully Grooveshark plays good and color layout looks to be made for the touchpad
    Did you notice the apps loading any faster with inet access?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Did you notice the apps loading any faster with inet access?
    Hmmm, not really. I didn't test out the apps, only Quell. Wanted to see how good the browser was because I see myself using that a lot. Thankfully it is great, had Grooveshark playing in the background while browsing other sites. Its good enough for me I do see myself visiting Walmart a lot between now and release day
    yea I was thinking of heading back up to walmart today too, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsukirk View Post
    1. I want 3G version with proper GPS support.
    Seconded.
    Your WM had wifi? I never seen in the ones around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Your WM had wifi? I never seen in the ones around here.
    Nope, I had my Pre with the Tether
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow man im jealous~!! where is ure walmart? has neone come accross one in orlando with the touchpad already out?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    wow man im jealous~!! where is ure walmart? has neone come accross one in orlando with the touchpad already out?
    Here, you can check this thread. People are posting where you can touch it, like I did. Precentral: Touch The Touchpad
    Wait and see. My Sprint Pre & TouchSmart laptop do what I need. If I switch to the Pre3 on another carrier, I would consider the TP, but I'm in no hurry.

As much as I think webOS is great for a tablet, the versatility of the TouchSmart meets my needs currently. If only I could get webOS on the TS!...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Nope, I had my Pre with the Tether
    Ooh, nice! I have USB tether on my EVO -I don't suppose I can also use it to tether the TouchPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Ooh, nice! I have USB tether on my EVO -I don't suppose I can also use it to tether the TouchPad?
    Probably not, this store had the charger/lock taking up the MicroUSB slot. :/
    I've been punished by being an early adopter of basically all Palm (Handspring/HP) products. I think I'll wait. Plus, I've got a dell netbook with 2 weeks of standby power running OSX... I barely use it.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    The notion of taking a wait and see approach on what essentially amounts to a "toy" kind of amuses me.

Let's face it, if one is purely price vs. functionality driven - they buy a netbook instead. All tablets are toys, for the most part. A toy I happily buy on the 1st.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast