Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    We're moving this week, and have to cut a huge check just to sell (and we weren't even in one of the "trouble" areas/products). My "wait and see" isn't entirely voluntary, but I have to say that I'm not as upset about it as I could be.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Until Touch to Share is enabled via the Veer there is no reason for me to pre-order the Toucpad. I can definitely wait to see what happens with the promises at this point. Sitting on plenty of cash but no need to keep betting if the drinks are free.
    LOL, hundreds of people complaiining in here why it is taking HP so long to release the TouchPad, now they want to wait, classic for this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    LOL, hundreds of people complaiining in here why it is taking HP so long to release the TouchPad, now they want to wait, classic for this site.
    there is no mutual exclusive of the two concepts. Why do you think there is?
    I'm waiting to see if Sprint gets a new WebOS phone. I'm really interested in the Touchpad's TTS. If I can't upgrade my Pre- to a new WebOS phone with TTS, I'll get an Ipad instead.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The anticipation is always the more exciting part. It's like Christmas. The days leading to Christmas is the best, then... ehh... .
    wanna put one in my hands before i buy one.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm definitely taking the wait and see approach - I'm a release day Pre minus user before that started with the Treo 600, 650 & 700p - been waiting and waiting there are sooooooo many features/functionalities available on other platforms that we don't have - the Touch Pad/Pre 3 are my LAST stands... If this platform doesn't take off I will be soon seriously looking at other options
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I wait and see for everything, this will be no different. I will let all the early adopters work out the kinks, let HP release a bug fix or 2, and let Preware establish a solid base of patches and apps, then I will move on it.
    ditto.
    I'm with the other sprint people. Once a new webOS device gets released on sprint, I'll buy a touchpad in a heartbeat. (although I'm resisting the urge to preorder LOL)
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I'd like to have one. Yet... no document editing is going to make me hold off a bit
    Yea when I talked to my sales rep she said that you could use the google docs integration to edit the documents or get a program called Scratch to edit/create documents. Hopefully Quick Office will be updated soon to include this function.
    I will not be pre-ordering the tablet. With my recent purchase of the Nexus S 4G on sprint, the usage of a Touchpad for me have been greatly diminished. Maybe im wrong with a newer phone coming to sprint in the next couple months (Aug?). But I just don't see it happening. Maybe when sprint gets their LTE network up.

I will definatly head to a bestbuy on july 1st to play with one. But at 500$ and with what you can get with somthing like the Acer Iconia W500 Windows 7 Tablet. I find it unlikly I would purchase it.

Still, I will wait and see.

In the end, I think the TouchPad will do well (better then anything else excluding iPad), but it will just end up getting pushed into the "other then iPad" catagory.
    I had a wait and see.

I waited, went to HP discover, played with the Touchpad. Compared it side by side with an IPad 2. Played with a Veer and a Pre 3.

The result - I preorderd the Touchpad this morning.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I wait and see for everything, this will be no different. I will let all the early adopters work out the kinks, let HP release a bug fix or 2, and let Preware establish a solid base of patches and apps, then I will move on it.
    This. I might get one earlier if sprint gets a webOS phone I can pair it to.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm actually troubled by the fact that there's no definitive confirmation whether there's a GPS in the wifi-only TouchPad. Granted there's no cellular radio, but I think with the exception of the ViewSonic Android tablet, almost all wifi-only Android tablets have a GPS. I don't see why the TouchPad can't have a GPS.

I will wait for the review and see if anyone commented on this before taking the plunge.
    I'm waiting & seeing if I can afford one =p

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm waiting to see if it has some video out functionality.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I am also waiting and seeing what all functionality HP Touchpad will support out of the box and what all functionality will be supported by an update later on.
    I don't want a repeat of Playbook disaster, where RIM promised quite a lot of things but RIM haven't fulfilled any promises of them.
    The motto of all companies is "Promises are meant to be broken".
    I am waiting for Video out, Document editing and even the color depth of Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I'm actually troubled by the fact that there's no definitive confirmation whether there's a GPS in the wifi-only TouchPad. Granted there's no cellular radio, but I think with the exception of the ViewSonic Android tablet, almost all wifi-only Android tablets have a GPS. I don't see why the TouchPad can't have a GPS.

I will wait for the review and see if anyone commented on this before taking the plunge.
    There is definitely no GPS in the wi-fi version.

It is the same with the iPad: the GPS-receiver is included in the gsm/umts-chip, which the wi-fi version doesn't have.

So: no GPS in the wi-fi version

But: there are other possible location-services when connected to the internet (via google, etc.)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm holding a press conference to announce I'll be releasing my wallet in the "coming months."
    FrankenPre2!!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast