1.    #1  
    Christos I. at PalmPre-France was browsing the Featured Apps page at hpwebos.com when he came across an interesting little popup. In the list of supported devices for FlightTrack appear a list of codenames for various devices: Palm Topaz (Touchpad), Palm Roadrunner (Pre 2), Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, Palm Opal, Palm Mantaray, and Palm Broadway. All familiar code names to us, although we haven't seen them used on an HP website before. The Opal was rumored to be the 7" tablet in development with rumored availability this September, and a few days ago HP registered the Touchpad 7 trademark, among other names. Could HP be close to announcing the Opal? We'll see...

http://www.palmpre-france.com/Breve-...-com_a865.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    cool, nice find! just wish we could get some info now!!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    To view them yourself, just hover your mouse pointer over the app title or description and a popup will appear as noted by the guys at PalmPre-France.
    wish list would include:

sooner ship date
    lower price
    more ports
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    wish list would include:

sooner ship date
    lower price
    more ports
    Add decent front facing camera and video out.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i hope this is not the device that is rumored to be coming to sprint. i want a phone -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Hi all,

I just came across this into, which I used Google Translate to convert the text from Dutch to English. Here is the English and then below a link to the original website in the Netherlands and the original Dutch copy.

Take care,

Jay

GOOGLE TRANSLATE, Dutch to English:

In the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office registered trademarks are six new HP. All these brands have to do with the touchpad, tablet from HP. In one of the names it's probably a 7 inch model of the touchpad.

Touchpad flex, TouchPadPro, touchpad twin, TouchPadGeo, and TouchPad7 TouchPadGo are the names that the company has registered Unwiredview said. HP 9.7-inch touch pad alongside the other tablets have not announced but it is not unlikely that this will happen later.

One of the six names fall in particular, namely TouchPad7. It is possible that the figure indicates the size of the screen, which is 7 inches, but this is still not completely sure, HP refuses because like many other companies to respond to rumors. In January leaked 9.7 inch model and in the documents was also talk of a 7-inch model called Opal. Probably this is the TouchPad7.

The 9.7-inch model by July 1 will be available in some countries, unfortunately not in the Netherlands, is powered by a 1.2 GHz processor with 1GB Qualcomm Soc memory and will be both 16 - and 32GB on the market. The tablet will run on the operating system WebOS which was owned by HP, Palm last year when it took over. When the TouchPad is available in the Netherlands has not been announced.

Link to Netherland's website:
    HP registreert zes nieuwe TouchPad merknamen - Techzine - ICT Nieuws - Hardware - De community voor ICT liefhebbers en professionals

>>staff edit<<
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/19/2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: removed Dutch copy - not needed
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8.    #8  
    If Pivot is for a device, at least it's not a plain name like "Touchpad". Honestly, I would've liked to go buy an HP Topaz rather than an HP Touchpad. The Touchpad name is not very imaginative in the first place, and then they go and trademark six other variants on Touchpad...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  10.    #10  
    More news on the Opal. Taiwan Economic News is reporting that the 7" HP webOS tablet will be landing this August.

HP releasing a 7" tablet in August? [Rumor] | News, Rumors |webOSroundup

HP did mention that they will be releasing six webOS devices this year. Veer, Touchpad, and Pre 3 make three, and the 7" tablet (Touchpad7?) will make four. That leaves two devices, probably for the holiday season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    ... HP did mention that they will be releasing six webOS devices this year. Veer, Touchpad, and Pre 3 make three, and the 7" tablet (Touchpad7?) will make four. That leaves two devices, probably for the holiday season.
    ... and hopefully the remaining two will be phones -- one for Sprint Please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    More news on the Opal. Taiwan Economic News is reporting that the 7" HP webOS tablet will be landing this August.
    that would be nice. And would be a great idea, there is no need to hang everything on a 10" tab for too long.