Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119
  1.    #1  
    So am I understanding correctly that many outlets will open up for preorders at midnight tonight?

    Am I the only one that will be checking Amazon religiously into the morning?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/19/2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: title updated
  2. #2  
    Me too!
  3. #3  
    Me too! Waiting and waiting
  4. dec
    dec is offline
    dec's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #4  
    would be handy to have the website HP references in the press release . . any1 ever used HP's website for buying equipment??? (if so what are your experiences with it)
  5. #5  
    I'm doing Amazon, or HP, MAYBE bestbuy if I can pick it up!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  6. slusmiles's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #6  
    I was going to order it through the HP rep, but the more I think about it saving $60 or so bucks on tax would be great so I may go with Amazon. I figured I might get it the 5th or 6th of July through Amazon, but I could turn around and use the $$ I saved to buy the Pre3.
  7. #7  
    Do we know which retailers will be allowing pre-orders tomorrow (other than HP directly)?
  8. JerkyChew's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #8  
    To add on to doodad64's question, is the pre-order being honored at brick & mortar stores? So if I went to Best Buy or Walmart tomorrow morning when they open, I could pre-order one?

    Anybody know the best bet for pre-ordering? I remember when I pre-ordered my Boxee Box at Amazon, I spent extra for fast shipping and actually got the box the day before it was supposed to be released. I'm wondering if I should use them again, or HP directly, or what. I was in contact with an HP rep who said I could get on a list and be guaranteed a 7/1 or 7/2 release, but he has since disappeared.

    I plan on getting the stand as well, and I wonder if I should include it in the pre-order or just get it separately in case that delays things. Dangit! I need answers!!!
  9. JerkyChew's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #9  
    A couple pertinent updates:

    Bestbuy.com and amazon.com both have "notify me when available" links, so I signed up. I suppose I'll go for whoever emails me first. Walmart.com has no record of the touchpad at all, although they do have some wireless keyboards with touchpads I might get for my HTPC.

    Ebay has a few for sale already, none of which are available before July 1st. Just a bunch of vultures trying to turn a profit, I suppose.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    To add on to doodad64's question, is the pre-order being honored at brick & mortar stores? So if I went to Best Buy or Walmart tomorrow morning when they open, I could pre-order one?

    Anybody know the best bet for pre-ordering? I remember when I pre-ordered my Boxee Box at Amazon, I spent extra for fast shipping and actually got the box the day before it was supposed to be released. I'm wondering if I should use them again, or HP directly, or what. I was in contact with an HP rep who said I could get on a list and be guaranteed a 7/1 or 7/2 release, but he has since disappeared.

    I plan on getting the stand as well, and I wonder if I should include it in the pre-order or just get it separately in case that delays things. Dangit! I need answers!!!
    only if you can preorder from the specific store im sure you should be able to
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  11. #11  
    best buy where im from says preorders will start when the store opens tomorrow at its regular time ( 10am). $100 dollars for the preorder and its first come first serve, and will be available to pickup on July 1st.

    Cancelled my staples preorder, they were expecting delivery around July 8th.
  12. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    best buy where im from says preorders will start when the store opens tomorrow at its regular time ( 10am). $100 dollars for the preorder and its first come first serve, and will be available to pickup on July 1st.

    Cancelled my staples preorder, they were expecting delivery around July 8th.
    They're giving a $100 discount for first preorder?

    Edit: Nevermind, I figured the wanted $100 for the preorder.
  13. #13  
    I"m on Amazon.com now.

    Why are there already 21 reviews for the TP? It's not even out yet!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    They're giving a $100 discount for first preorder?

    Edit: Nevermind, I figured the wanted $100 for the preorder.
    yes $100 dollar preorder in the form of a gift card which does go towards the touchpad when you buy/pickup on 1st.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I"m on Amazon.com now.

    Why are there already 21 reviews for the TP? It's not even out yet!
    People are jumping the gun saying its the best, or worst, when they havent even touched one, let alone see one in person.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    People are jumping the gun saying its the best, or worst, when they havent even touched one, let alone see one in person.
    lol, yes i find it quite entertaining
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  17. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #17  
    i am checking hp, amazon, best buy and staples.
  18. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    yes $100 dollar preorder in the form of a gift card which does go towards the touchpad when you buy/pickup on 1st.
    Wait, they are giving a $100 giftcard for preorder? Will you have to put something down for your preorder?
  19. #19  
    Sigh. Its after midnight and nothing. I was really looking to pre-order before going to bed tonight.
  20. miyanc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #20  
    so much for midnight... anyone got one yet?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions