Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I'm really curious to see exactly why HP is only taking phone orders,,, seriously its just strange. To me you want to maximize or scale up the demand. Online purchase is just much easier. I don't get this one... could someone explain? I think this week they will be shipping their units to the major distribution centers. Then the following week they will be going to the local BM stores.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It's possible that the touchpads are on the boat. It's difficult to plan or guarantee exactness when it's all dependent on things that can't always be exact.
    Okay I can see that. Except there is a big difference between July 1st and July 17th. Part of the reason for preordering a Touchpad was to see if webOS was worth having in a phone.

Look Apple wrote the book on how to launch a product they play things close to the vest until they launch then they release clear information about when, where, how and what price their product will be available. HP only has to copy Apple's playbook.

Then Apple makes sure they exceed expectations for that launch. That is important.

The whole process is about building Trust. Trust is everything. I'm sorry but HP is eroding trust rather than building.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    The whole process is about building Trust. Trust is everything. I'm sorry but HP is eroding trust rather than building.
    Interesting comment... possibly the "Palm legacy"?
    Okay I can see that. Except there is a big difference between July 1st and July 17th. Part of the reason for preordering a Touchpad was to see if webOS was worth having in a phone.

Look Apple wrote the book on how to launch a product they play things close to the vest until they launch then they release clear information about when, where, how and what price their product will be available. HP only has to copy Apple's playbook.

Then Apple makes sure they exceed expectations for that launch. That is important.

But is this really HP's fault? They said that they would be available in BM stores on July 1. Could it be that the CS are hurting HP? One other thing to consider is the global scale that HP has vs. Apple. Apple only had to consider their stores and not others... So far it appears HP has a problem managing information down to the lower staff level (customer support).
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  5.    #105  
    I really think this 17th stuff is just Amazon practicing CYA measures. Any time they don't have an exact date or commitment or items in their tracking system, they push the date way out. Why? Because they don't want legions of angry customers calling that they have to give free stuff to because they were off by a day.

I am sure Amazon has learned from experience not to trust anyone's word until they have units on the truck or in their warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    But is this really HP's fault? They said that they would be available in BM stores on July 1. Could it be that the CS are hurting HP? One other thing to consider is the global scale that HP has vs. Apple. Apple only had to consider their stores and not others... So far it appears HP has a problem managing information down to the lower staff level (customer support).
    I have yet to see a product announcement from HP:

1. HP will accept orders on X date, retailers will get TP on Y date, internet retailers will get it on Z date.

2. HP will ship on X date.

Communication seems to come out by leaks, dribs and drabs, not anything business like. It's their product and their launch, they need to take control and responsibility. If I can't trust them to get a product out on time or conduct themselves in a professional, business-like manner why should I trust them as the provider of my next phone, which is far more important than a tablet to me?
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    I have yet to see a product announcement from HP:

1. HP will accept orders on X date, retailers will get TP on Y date, internet retailers will get it on Z date.

2. HP will ship on X date.

Communication seems to come out by leaks, dribs and drabs, not anything business like. It's their product and their launch, they need to take control and responsibility. If I can't trust them to get a product out on time or conduct themselves in a professional, business-like manner why should I trust them as the provider of my next phone, which is far more important than a tablet to me?

For the initial release it seems like HP the company would like the early adopters to set up accounts with them by calling over the phone, presumably so they can establish a relationship and sell more down the line.
    For this, various parts of HP are also offering perks--free ship and/or earlier ship (but you have to call your salesperson to nail the details down)
    Also the phonecall required differentiates them from B&M and internet store channel which might please the channel as otherwise, it would be in direct competition with HP direct for the early adopters. HP has to manage relationships with the channel, make them feel like there is some reason for early adopters to use the channel.

I am OK with this for the launch of a new highly anticipated product. I like the fact that some of the HP sales staff also seem on the ball, it is a pleasure to deal with those types.
    Looks like Amazon is ready for the HP TouchPad Pre-Order.

Check out this Amazon HP TouchPad Page
    It's been available for a while now... well since the 1st actually
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Damn.. I thought it was just today.. hehe
    I like how the List Price says $725, when HP announced the Pricing to be $599. haha. But you get 17% off!
    <<threads merged>>
    Staples will have HP Touchpad in store July 1st!

13:26:48 Katie
    Initial Question/Comment: Hello, Will the HP Touchpad be available in store to purchase on July 1st when the store opens?
    13:26:53 System
    Welcome to Staples Live Chat. We will be with you shortly.
    We ask for your assistance: please do not send credit card information through chat. Should credit information be required for a transaction, a Staples associate will contact you for the required information
    13:26:58 System
    Bonnie has joined this session!
    Connected with Bonnie
    13:27:43 Bonnie
    Hi Katie
    13:27:48 Katie
    Hello
    13:27:53 Bonnie
    I'll be happy to check into this for you. May I have 2 - 3 minutes of your time to research this information please?
    13:28:01 Katie
    Of course. Thank you
    13:31:18 Bonnie
    Yes it will be available on July 1st
    13:31:56 Katie
    Awesome! So I wouldn't need to pre order it if I can pick it up in store on July 1st
    13:32:13 Katie
    thank you thank you!
    13:32:18 Bonnie
    It would be good preorder in case it runs out of stock.
    13:32:23 Bonnie
    May I help you with anything else today?
    13:32:28 Katie
    Nope that is it!
    13:32:36 Bonnie
    Thank you for contacting Staples Live Customer Support today. Have a wonderful day!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Got this from Amazon today:
    "HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-inch Tablet Computer (FB359UA#ABA)"
    Estimated arrival date: July 06 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mkkw View Post
    Staples will have HP Touchpad in store July 1st!

13:26:48 Katie
    Initial Question/Comment: Hello, Will the HP Touchpad be available in store to purchase on July 1st when the store opens?
    Welcome to Staples Live Chat. We will be with you shortly.
    We ask for your assistance: please do not send credit card information through chat. Should credit information be required for a transaction, a Staples associate will contact you for the required information
    Bonnie has joined this session!
    Connected with Bonnie
    13:27:43 Bonnie
    Hi Katie
    13:27:48 Katie
    Hello
    13:27:53 Bonnie
    I'll be happy to check into this for you. May I have 2 - 3 minutes of your time to research this information please?
    13:28:01 Katie
    Of course. Thank you
    13:31:18 Bonnie
    Yes it will be available on July 1st
    13:31:56 Katie
    Awesome! So I wouldn't need to pre order it if I can pick it up in store on July 1st
    13:32:13 Katie
    thank you thank you!
    13:32:18 Bonnie
    It would be good preorder in case it runs out of stock.
    13:32:23 Bonnie
    May I help you with anything else today?
    13:32:28 Katie
    Nope that is it!
    13:32:36 Bonnie
    Thank you for contacting Staples Live Customer Support today. Have a wonderful day!
    I just had a different response:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/3530/201...lu50-167kb.jpg
    what! omg that makes me so frustrated...I don't know where I should go first to try to purchase it in store then...hmm
    I'm going to go to walmart first since they're open 24hrs. If they don't have it I guess I'll be at BB that morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    I got one of those today as well. So disappointed with the delivery date - I cancelled my order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    Same here. I was hoping it would be earlier but I don't like crowds. So, home delivery it is!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456