Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Awesome... When I searched for HP touchpad on bestbuy.com and amazon.com, there was an ad with "learn more", which brought me to the Touchpad page. Now, that ad is gone from bestbuy.com and I can no longer find the page! Amazon is unchanged, as is hp.com.
    Probably won't be added to Amazon until 12am PST.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    You pay 100 for the gift card which you purchase to pre order. Then when you come to pick up the tp you give them the 100 dollar gift card and pay the remaining balance.
    Did any of you try calling HP shopping?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    bhphotovideo.com has them available for pre-ordering now. Site also says it will ship after Friday Jul 1.

The touchstone availability says August...
    HP UK online store is open for orders now. States delivery within 2 weeks.

Touchpad | Tablet | HP
    BH PhotoVideo observes the Sabbath, so that could possibly affect shipping.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I didn't even think of calling on the phone till Rockett0 suggested it, so I just went ahead and called the consumer purchasing line. Here's my experience:

1) Automated system, I say I want to purchase for home. Hold please.
    2) Somebody answers. I say I want to buy a TouchPad. He recites a 20-word sentence and literally the only word I understood was "TouchPad". I say "Yes" and hope for the best. Hold please.
    3) Hold music for a couple minutes. then a message, "To release the call, press pound, one now." Um, what? I hang on.
    4) Woman answers. Asks what I want to do. I say pre-order a TouchPad. She asks if this is the first time I've purchased from HP. I say yes. Hold please.
    5) After a loooooong hold time, in which I envision her asking her bosses what to do, she comes back and confirms that I want to pre-order a TouchPad. Asks if I want the 16GB or 32GB model, I say 16GB. She takes down my name, phone number and email address. My name has lots of M's and T's, and it's a lot of work for her to spell everything right. Lots of trial and error. I long for a simple web form.
    6) After taking the info, she says that HP will email me with instructions shortly. I'm pretty surprised by this, and have credit card in hand, but, um, ok.

So, now I wait for an email, I guess. What a miserable experience. I've been in IT since 1997 and I don't think I've ever bought HP before. I've always been home-built or Dell for everything. If the process to pre-order their equipment is this painful, it makes me pretty nervous about what I'm going to end up with for my $600. Of course, I've owned no less than five Palm phones, so I'm hoping against hope that the tablet is all that I hope it is.

I'll post more if and when I get that email. If it doesn't arrive before tomorrow I guess I'll pre-order at Best Buy.
    JerkyChew, that sounded painful. I'm waiting to see if there is any EPP discounted price. Typically you have to do that online not by phone. I can wait until the morning.
    Oh man, I totally sympathize, that was absolutely disastrous.
    I used to manage, in previous lives, a call center for a major long distance company (T) during the crazy days of the 90s, where switching carriers was commonplace -and you could even score some decent cash, if you knew how to play the switchback game. But I digress, where was I?

Oh yeah, that definitely sounded like an outsourced center, and they have absolutely no idea about this whole TouchPad pre-order deal.

I'd say unless anything develops until the launch date, the brick and mortar option seems the safest option -provided there's enough stock to go around and the darn TouchPad is on hand on July 1st.

These next two weeks will be incredibly nerve wrecking...

PS: this is my actual plan, FWIW... I'm going to either order from HP or Amazon, just anywhere I can order with free shipping and no tax, which is the case with both vendors. (Probably HP, due to their pre-order deal)

But that means I'll have the TouchPad on or after the 5th, which is unacceptable, for me.

So, beginning at the launch week, I (and everybody else, really) will have an idea on how to get a TouchPad on July 1st, either at a midnight sale on Walmart or at Best Buy at 10am. If that works, I'll have an entire 3-day weekend to play with my new TouchPad and I'll simply return the online ordered one.
    If it doesn't, then I'll wait for the Fedex/UPS guy at work on Tuesday. Either way, I'm guaranteed to have a TouchPad on launch day. :-)
    Last edited by Carioca_FL; 06/19/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    I know I should Google it, but... When is the Sabbath observed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Sunday
    Sat for B&H, check out the movie Blazing Saddles
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    BH PhotoVideo observes the Sabbath, so that could possibly affect shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Sunday
    Jewish Sabbath, which is Saturday.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Technically, the true Sabbath (Jewish) ended at midnight Sunday; however, most Christians observe the Sabbath on Sunday.

Not that I have contributed anything here with regards to the Touchpad, but...
    but... the page isnt available... almost midnight!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at241300050028
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    best buy where im from says preorders will start when the store opens tomorrow at its regular time ( 10am). $100 dollars for the preorder and its first come first serve, and will be available to pickup on July 1st.

Cancelled my staples preorder, they were expecting delivery around July 8th.
    Great, now I'm wondering if I should pre-order on BBY online or stop by there tomorrow at 10am (great excuse to get pancakes with the kids! ).

Anyone have any idea if online pre-orders usually allow for store pickup? Perhaps during the online ordering there's the option for store pickup?

Arrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!! Anticipation sure is fun!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Great, now I'm wondering if I should pre-order on BBY online or stop by there tomorrow at 10am (great excuse to get pancakes with the kids! ).

Anyone have any idea if online pre-orders usually allow for store pickup? Perhaps during the online ordering there's the option for store pickup?

Arrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!! Anticipation sure is fun!
    There should be the option for store pick up. When I ordered my ASIs transformer I had the option.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The Pre-order button has appeared on Bestbuy.com, although when you click it you get an error: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at241300050028
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyChew View Post
    The Pre-order button has appeared on Bestbuy.com, although when you click it you get an error: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at241300050028
    Its OPEN! Pre Order ON!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast