06/18/2011, 10:43 AM
So what do you guys think is needed for TP to be enterprise ready?
WebOS would have Citrix, which all other platforms have already, what else do you think TP need to be enterprise ready?
Update: Summary of Enterprise features needed for TP to succeed
2) Documents editing
3) Someway to mirror TP screen, examples HDMI or better would be something wireless, that connects to a USB/S-video/HDMI/mini HDMI all on the same accessory
4) Rear camera to copy documents/ scan etc
5) All encompassing printer app, no drivers needed to load, ability to connect to any printer network
6) Some secure cloud back up of data, to be able to access if TP runs out of battery on a regular PC
7) Ability to remotely view TP screen/ Remote session capabilities/ and change things necessary for IT people
8) Support for SSH, SFTP, VPN, VMware, WAP 2 (whatever all that is)
9) Availability of 3G/4G for on to go enterprise solution. Always connected solution.
10) Some really good push service
11) Really good wipe command
12) Ability to interchange profiles on the same device lets say when passing a device from one person to another
13) "- Ability to push policy to the TP (force device password and ability to set complexity, force data encryption, etc...)
- Ability to manage applications (set approved app list from the app catalog, create/manage a "company app catalog", etc...)"
14) conferencing like WebEx.