Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    16 or 32GB models? Which one would you buy? At $500 or $600, is the difference in price negligible and compelling to choose the 32GB model? Or should you save the cash and apply it to buying the accessories?
    I think I'm going with B.

16GB with accessories.
    depends what you wanna do with it, if you want to fill it with movies, then bigger is better. otherwise, 16g will do.
    Think I'd rather have a touchstone than an extra 16GB.

Although if I could get confirmation that it played all kinds of torrented videos like xvid and mkv then I'd shoot for the 32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

Although if I could get confirmation that it played all kinds of torrented videos like xvid and mkv then I'd shoot for the 32.
    HP said anything about those video formats or torrent function? if no, I wouldn't bet on it.
    I'm contemplating the 32.

However, I probably won't be taking it out on the town much, and using it more at home for surfing/Twitter. When I go out of town for work, I'll have it loaded up with what I want on it and the rest I can stream over hotel wifi from my home pc which will be on. 16 should be plenty. I'll use the rest for a case and TS.

Oh, and not to mention, the TouchPad 2 will more than likely be out next summer if this thing doesn't flop. Might not want to spend every last penny if you want to be up-to-date.
    Actually, I've been pretty amazed at what Homebrew folks have been able to do to take WebOS beyond what it does out of the box. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see someone come up with an app to play other video formats.

That said, I think the 32gb version is going to be the choice for most buyers. Personally, I plan on buying the 32gb version, the TP, case, and keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, I've been pretty amazed at what Homebrew folks have been able to do to take WebOS beyond what it does out of the box. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see someone come up with an app to play other video formats.
    If its not there, its not there, don't predict the future and get people disappointed.

so far homebrew hasn't enable pre/pre+/Pre2 to play those codecs. If somebody definitely need that, then wait until that happens, or reconsider your choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post

I'm not sure because I haven't bought it, but it looks like at least on the phone, Kalemsoft Video Player now supports those formats. If it's possible on the phones, I'd bet it won't be too long before the tablet supports a simliar sort of app too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not sure because I haven't bought it, but it looks like at least on the phone, Kalemsoft Video Player now supports those formats. If it's possible on the phones, I'd bet it won't be too long before the tablet supports a simliar sort of app too.
    Yes, it does look like the phone version of that app does what was requested (in a somewhat roundabout way). Sounds like you'd have to play it on the computer, and record it on the phone, then you'd have it on the phone for playback, but yes, achieves the end result.

And it was homebrew. Interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    is it written in mojo?
    I'd guess it's a hybrid or PDK app. I'm also not 100% sure you need to stream it from the PC anymore, because it says it can play stuff locally. Like I said though, I haven't tried it myself, I was waiting for reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yes, it does look like the phone version of that app does what was requested (in a somewhat roundabout way). Sounds like you'd have to play it on the computer, and record it on the phone, then you'd have it on the phone for playback, but yes, achieves the end result.

And it was homebrew. Interesting...
    The free homebrew version is still current, & it can play videos direct on the Pre, not only by streaming.
    My mp3 collection is 12+ GB alone ... 32GB lets me load it all on the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    My mp3 collection is 12+ GB alone ... 32GB lets me load it all on the device.
    you should probably wait and see reviews to see if tp is a good music player before transferrong that collection.

i know is has beats audio, but nobody has reviewed its music player.
    I'm still trying to decide 10 inch or 7 inch. But if I go TouchPad, it will be 32 gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you should probably wait and see reviews to see if tp is a good music player before transferrong that collection.

i know is has beats audio, but nobody has reviewed its music player.
    Hopefully music remix will be available as a 3.0 app.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Hopefully music remix will be available as a 3.0 app.
    its good, but with a large screen, it should be better. are they working on a touchpad version?
    Considering it isn't expandable and only Wifi, I would go 32. I couldn't imagine MPR not being a 3.0 app or having a device with BeatsAudio that didn't have a music app unfit for Dr. Dre

I'll just let him tell you himself
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/18/2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    If your serious about using a tablet, go with the max capacity. The accessories can wait if funds are an initial issue.
    My current 32 GB phone is maxed out.
    My 64gb tablet device:
    • 10gb Muisc
    • 33gb Apps (some apps contain PDfs, Excel, Word etc docs totaling 3gb of the 33gb)
    • 2gb Pics
    • 12gb Video

If the initial devices are wifi only, having your content with you is preferable. The cloud is overrated.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast