Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    [*]10gb Muisc[*]33gb Apps (some apps contain PDfs, Excel, Word etc docs totaling 3gb of the 33gb)[*]2gb Pics[*]12gb Video
    33G apps? thats about the size of my windows program files folder.

I doubt many people seriously will get 33G apps on a tablet, for one thing, there aren't that many things to install at the first place.
    Why is there ONLY 32GB? Find the Right SD Memory Card - SD Association SD cards come in at least 32....they are about the size of a postage stamp, why isn't there like 10 of them in there?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Going with the 32 GB, if they had a 64 GB I would go with that instead. Never can have too much storage IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Why is there ONLY 32GB? Find the Right SD Memory Card - SD Association SD cards come in at least 32....they are about the size of a postage stamp, why isn't there like 10 of them in there?
    better yet, why not a microSD slot people can add as much as they want.
    In a perfect world, but I just fail to see why they would only put 16 or 32 when clearly they take little to no room. Not like HP owns SanDisk and is going to profit off of card sales.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    In a perfect world, but I just fail to see why they would only put 16 or 32 when clearly they take little to no room. Not like HP owns SanDisk and is going to profit off of card sales.
    thats a great question. Maybe is the failure of imagination, everything is gear towards what apple has to offer. Or maybe its $15 cost it may add.
    I'll pay $15 for a terabyte!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    33G apps? thats about the size of my windows program files folder.

I doubt many people seriously will get 33G apps on a tablet, for one thing, there aren't that many things to install at the first place.
    Will the app sizes in webos be smaller in size as opposed to Android/iOS?

TomTom is 2.4gb. Navigon is 1.9gb. Dead Space is almost half a gig.
    Do I need navigation apps on my tablet? Nope. They were on sale for like half price at different times so I pulled the trigger. However one gave me a deal on realtime traffic, the other didn't. They are the only apps that I have that go above the 1gig mark.

I have a couple of RSS readers. Do I need more than one? Nope. But each presents feeds in a different manner. Sometimes I just want to quickly look at the news feeds in a the traditional manner. Sometimes I want to flip through them, like a newspaper.

It's easy to say people will not get 33G of apps. You are probably correct. But when your preferred platform has little in way of app choice, it harder to imagine having that many apps. When webos apps start rolling in, you may think different.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/18/2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Are the apps really that big? If so, maybe I will go ahead and get the 32...

However, I do believe that going all out on the first product might be a little overkill when this thing is only going to have a new version next summer or possibly sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Are the apps really that big? If so, maybe I will go ahead and get the 32...

However, I do believe that going all out on the first product might be a little overkill when this thing is only going to have a new version next summer or possibly sooner.
    I don't want to scare anyone with app size. I only have two apps that are above the 1 gig mark. My point is when you have more choice, you might have want to keep more apps on your device.
    What we need is to compare app size of the same app on two different platforms, one being webos. The only one I know of is Splash Desktop.

This is the size of Splash on iOS 4.3.3:
    15,834,516 ColorSplash 1.6.ipa

Anyone have the size on webos?

And by the way. Syncing those 1 gig and larger apps when there is an update over wifi is a pain in the . I don't even bother trying anymore, I just use the cable.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/18/2011 at 06:32 PM.
    How about wifi to your laptop or desktop? Let them be the active or passive storage. Only carry on Touchpad what you will use nominally. I have 150 aps on my Pre+ and still have 12G left. I do not use it as a music player but constantly listen to Pandora. Though I may want to watch a movie or two on Tochpad, I do not need to store 10 G. They say it plays H.264 so an mkv package with it should play. Will DL some videos to try later.

I sync my Pre's hotspot to my work computer and surf and email simultaneously while on the phone. Tonight I used my Pre Hotspot to connect an Apple laptop so we could drive around following a guy's stolen Iphone.
    I just ordered the 32GB version from B&H Photo. One purpose for the device is to bring my kids videos for trips and my music for dance parties (no good mixer/player, though), but I still doubt I'd fill it up.
    Go big or go home! 32 GB for my music collection... for now...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    32gb Ordered!!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I might not need the 32gig considering my main usage for the TP would be in conjunction with my photography business. For portfolio usage and *crossing fingers* some sort of wireless tethering for client previews.
    32 gigs for sure - esp. if gonna watch movies on it. Can't figure out where to buy so gonna wait. bestbuy.com = can't use 10% coupon online from what I can tell (Rewardzone?) and will have to pay tax.

wouldn't amazon be better? Samsclub had a cheaper price but link gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    It's easy to say people will not get 33G of apps. You are probably correct. But when your preferred platform has little in way of app choice, it harder to imagine having that many apps. When webos apps start rolling in, you may think different.
    well, iOS and Android both have astronomical amount of apps. Don't think there is any linear relationship between number of apps installed and apps that are available. It probably peaks after a certain number.

I would not recommend people buying a 32GB touchpad for $100 extra just for this "possibility" that may or may not ever happen.
    The bitter pill to swallow is that the 16GB microSD is $19 at Fry's this week. 64GB was just announced. The 32GB is $100 for $20 of memory. The estimates in the Wall Street Journal teardowns costs are about $10.

But have you ever bought a computer and later wished it had less memory? I remember trying to decide between 10MB and 20MB long ago and wondering how I would ever fill it. Isn't storage one of the factors that puts you over the top to buy new?

Get the 16GB version if you are certain that over the years you will never:

• Rip movies
    • Store from Netflix, Hulu, Blockbuster
    • Keep your home movies with you
    • Expand you music library

Did you ever think you would have your Pre so long? How long will you have your TouchPad?

You won't be able to get a do-over on this one and add a 32GB card later.

We have waited a year for this. Life is short. Get the one you want.
    I already think 16GB is already a little small for my Pre 2, let alone a Touchpad. If I got a TP, it would definitely have to be 32GB. But I think that a Pre3 will do everything I would need on a TP, so I cannot justify getting both, and I am definitely getting a Pre3 for the Skype and the microphone not being covered by my face. On that note, how ridiculous is it to even offer the Pre3 in a Pre Minus sized 8GB internal memory and no expansion. Sigh.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I already think 16GB is already a little small for my Pre 2, let alone a Touchpad. If I got a TP, it would definitely have to be 32GB. But I think that a Pre3 will do everything I would need on a TP, so I cannot justify getting both, and I am definitely getting a Pre3 for the Skype and the microphone not being covered by my face. On that note, how ridiculous is it to even offer the Pre3 in a Pre Minus sized 8GB internal memory and no expansion. Sigh.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    phones goto more places with you than home-bound touchpad, so it actually makes more sense to make sure your phone can carry your collections.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast