We referenced how the Epic did not have HDMI/DLNA enabled at launch but got it later. The HDMI/GPU hardware was always there. The Pre 3 and TouchPad specs make no mention of HDMI or DLNA. The Homebrewers can do amazing things but is the hardware there?
But back to the topic of the thread, "Give me a reason for HDMI out"...
1. HDMI adapters convert to VGA/SVGA to old projector or TV's.
2. Sales departments use iPad/iPad 2 HDMI at a client to show a PowerPoint or video.
3. Training can connect their iPads to any projector or TV.
4. Managers justify iPads as being for HDMI for internal presentations.
5. Make sure your requisition includes HDMI. You may be using these tablets longer than you think.
1. Take HD videos, see them at the time, and then watch on a TV at home.
2. Play NetFlix, Hulu, HBO, etc. on yours or a Friend's TV.
3. Rip DVD's or Bluerays and play them on a home, hotel, or friends TV.
4. Take photos and watch them as a sideshow on your TV instantly.
5. Even if you don't need HDMI now, it costs no more so why not get it?