Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    The connection is VGA at the projector end and I use a VGA out on my now 6 year old TabletPC (which I am looking to replace). Everything is now going HDMI on the device side so I have already identified the HDMI-->VGA adapter that I would need so that part is no big deal...unless of course there is no HDMI port...not even a mini one.
    We have VGA in some rooms, and HDMI on others. This morning was HDMI
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    The connection is VGA at the projector end and I use a VGA out on my now 6 year old TabletPC (which I am looking to replace). Everything is now going HDMI on the device side so I have already identified the HDMI-->VGA adapter that I would need so that part is no big deal...unless of course there is no HDMI port...not even a mini one.
    Well, on the TouchPad, there isn't one. If it's something you need, you need a different tablet, sadly.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It was more curiosity on my part. Most projectors I've seen are VGA. Yes, I know you can buy adapters from HDMI to VGA (though the reverse is quite a bit more expensive), but I don't see the point in USB -> HDMI -> VGA.

I'm thinking it's very likely that we'll see USB -> VGA for the TP. Personally, I have no need or use for HDMI. The screens at home are already set for what streaming I need. If I wanted to do presentations, I'd use VGA at every place I can think of. Presentations wouldn't really need high definition.
    Every projector I work with is VGA, we did recently get a new one that I haven't had an excuse to play with yet, but my guess is it will be VGA.

My experience includes both portable projectors and ceiling mount projectors. To my knowledge, at this point, my employer doesn't have any HDMI projectors.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    looking for video to show the hdmi video mirroring... just watching it you can (or i can) see that touchpads can be the better choice for flying through presentations holding a tab and using touch controls.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

boy i would love to just used a tablet... load up a powerpoint or excel or whatever, and the only plugging in is the hdmi (no power supply for the laptop or usb mouse, etc) and the video is automatically recognized and have the user just tap and go.
    Oh wow... Built in Laser pointer. That's actually REALLY cool.
    Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

So you set your touchpad on one of these handy gizmos....
    Ever play angry birds on a 55 inch lcd? Pretty sweet. Lol.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Ever play angry birds on a 55 inch lcd? Pretty sweet. Lol.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Can't you do that with your tv* hooked up to a computer?

BTW 60inch is bigger than 55

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/articl...lable_for_free
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06/17/2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: dumb typo
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    I look forward to the day I can wirelessly connect my phone to the projector for a presentation. And just tap the screen to move to the next slide. Or maybe double tap, and use a single tap to play embedded videos.

You could get close to that if the touchpad was plugged in to the projector, and you could control it from your Pre3.
    This is already standard.

The wireless video output is called DLNA. You can already just tap the phone screen to go to the next slide. This is standard on Atrix, Nexus S, Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, Sensation, Photon, Galaxy S II, Inspire, Infuse, and many other phones this year. Many phones last year like the Epic, etc. do DLNA as well.

Many new projectors have DLNA.

If the projector is older use an HDMI cable or an HDMI to VGA cable if you need it.

A PS3 and newer TV's also have DLNA and can do the same thing. It great for looking at videos or photos.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/17/2011 at 03:27 PM.
    IDK, with everything I already have hooked up to the TV, IDK why I need another device to hook up to it. As it is right now I have a Satellite box, XBox 360 (Netflix/Gaming) and PS3 (Blu ray only) hooked up through HDMI. My PCs can connect through my 360 and stream to the TV and for what it's worth, the satellite box can stream through the network to my PC. Anyhow, even with all these options at my disposal, I've streamed from PC to the TV once just to check it out. Same goes for Sat-PC.

I can see where it could be helpful for a presentation, but I'd imagine that these people giving the presentations use a notebook at their desk to begin with, and they probably do all their research and file grabbing from network drives on this notebook. Why wouldn't you just continue using the notebook to give the full presentation? Did notebooks suddenly lose their portability? Is it really better to be giving the presentation on a touch screen (tied in one spot because of cables) vs. walking around with a Cordless Presenter and being able to have use of your hands for other things than holding a tablet? Some of the most boring presentations I have sat through involved people sitting at a PC rather than using a wireless device to control everything and walking around to look at and react with those they are presenting to... HDMI cables tie you down.

EDIT: IDK, maybe some of these cordless presenters will work with tables, but IDK.
    yes, for the samsung galaxy s phone and doubt it will work on any other device.
    just because it's micro usb, doesnt mean it works on all devices with micro usb.

Last edited by donm527; 06/17/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    *micro usb
    computer hooked up to a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Can't you do that with your computer hooked up to a computer?

BTW 60inch is bigger than 55

Angry Birds for PC available for free - AfterDawn
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    all that shows is if HP wants, they can add a softupdate to display from the micro USB port.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    yes, for the samsung galaxy s phone and doubt it will work on any other device.
    just because it's micro usb, doesnt mean it works on all devices with micro usb.
    Micro HDMI to HDMI is a standard spec cable that works with a Micro HDMI output device to physically adapt to HDMI. The difference is physical dimensions not electrical.

I don't know of mini HDMI.
    i understand that cables usually conform to a standard spec. but that doesnt mean that you if you have a micro usb port that you can plug one of these in and get instant hdmi. the device that has the micro usb port has to be able to support hdmi and the OS has to be designed to do so... which i doubt the TP has.

at the time the samsung cable was released... it didnt even work with the galaxy s... until the software upgrade was applied.

but hey... maybe it does work out of box for the TP. buy one and find out July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Micro HDMI to HDMI is a standard spec cable that works with a Micro HDMI output device to physically adapt to HDMI. The difference is physical dimensions not electrical.

I don't know of mini HDMI.
    That's correct because on Amazon people tried using cables like this, and it was hit or miss as to whether it worked or not. So I'm guessing HDMI support does have to be on the device's end.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    computer hooked up to a computer?
    clearly I meant to type tv
    the OS has to be designed to do so... which i doubt the TP has.

at the time the samsung cable was released... it didnt even work with the galaxy s... until the software upgrade was applied.
    So for all your neysaying, in the same post you are admitting that HP could update software to utilize these universal cables..... I mean the great and powerful Samsung had to do it, nothing stopping HP.

I do love the contradiction in the same post.

But hey lets keep beating this dead horse of micro usb to hdmi that "doesn't exist" even though it *could* be implemented via software update. These forums have been awesome lately with half truths and "confirmed" rumors.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast