1.    #1  
    in the article Vizio tablet fits Walmart into its hectic schedule, shipping in just six weeks -- Engadget on engadget (which yes covers the Vizio) you can clearly see that HP Touchpad 9 shipped to them in week 22 If i did my counting right that means they should have gotten it in april?

Edit
    : Can you change title to Touchpad instead of just Touch
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Week 22 in Walmarts System is the week starting Sunday June 26th thru July 2nd. We are right now ending 20th week, fyi.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827 View Post
    Week 22 in Walmarts System is the week starting Sunday June 26th thru July 2nd. We are right now ending 20th week, fyi.
    i was wondering about the date and week number discrepancy as well... how/where did you find the info about Walmart week 22 being 2 weeks behind the normal calendar week 22?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I just know Walmart inventory for the year start first week in Feb. or last Sunday of January. You do the math from there and you can see what the 22nd week in the walmart system is. Jan at wal-mart is blowing out last years inventory, fyi. Also it is not 2 weeks behind, but should be 4 weeks behind one month. Fyi, most large National retail chains work this way.

Also, I do not work or have ever worked at wal-mart, but have knowlege do to my job that the above is true.
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I concur. I talked to a Walmart manager last night in regards to TP shipments. He told me that they will be arriving within the week before release date. There store is 24/hrs and will be selling them at midnight.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Exactly, They are more than likely this week at the main warehouse within the walmart system. They will Ship that week from Warehouses to the Store, for most large stores getting to the store Tuesday or Wendsday ready for Friday relaease. Sometime late Thursday or after midnight Friday you can pick one up at Wal-mart. BestBuy you can get it Friday at 10am. My guess is limited numbers for Wal-Mart so get there early. If you know someone at the store you might be able to get it late evening Thursday after 7pm.
    Exactly, They are more than likely this week at the main warehouse within the walmart system. They will Ship that week from Warehouses to the Store, for most large stores getting to the store Tuesday or Wendsday ready for Friday relaease. Sometime late Thursday or after midnight Friday you can pick one up at Wal-mart. BestBuy you can get it Friday at 10am. My guess is limited numbers for Wal-Mart so get there early. If you know someone at the store you might be able to get it late evening Thursday after 7pm.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by the limited numbers. There was that other thread here where one guy said two and people were saying he was crazy. Well, I was WM the other day and overheard the cashiers talking. One of them said "we have 2 in stock right now." The other girl said, "Two what?" and the first replied, "iPad 2's." SO if they only have 2 iPads at any given moment I can't imagine they will have many more TouchPads than that.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Also the Supply disruption this past spring due to the Japan Earthquake was a lot larger than many realized. We are just getting over that.
    Last edited by tj0827; 06/17/2011 at 04:59 PM.
    We are set to receive Touchpads here at Fry's Electronics any day now, but the street date is July 1 and we absolutely cannot sell any before then.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    We are set to receive Touchpads here at Fry's Electronics any day now, but the street date is July 1 and we absolutely cannot sell any before then.
    Have you any clue how many you'll get in your first shipment at any one given store?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Have you any clue how many you'll get in your first shipment at any one given store?
    Not yet but I will post when we do. On another note I'm going to a training on the 26th and one of us will win a free touchpad that night. If I happen to be so lucky I will certainly do a full and complete early review, unless they specifically tell me not to.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums