Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    do you even read what you are referencing? thats online pre-order and delivery only.
    Yep, I read it, and my theory is as valid as the one you've been offering.

I really don't think Staples is going to offer the 16gb version online, and not offer it in the stores, but we will have to wait and see on that one.

However, right now, they can't offer it in the store, so of course it's "order now, pick up for delivery at the store". We'll just have to wait and see if that changes when they can actually offer it in the store.

However, it is going to be available in at least one Retail outlet. At the very worst, I would have to order it online, and go pick it up at the store. But even if we assume that doesn't change, it disproves these two "predictions":

you all gonna buy 32gb version on launch day?

coz there won't be 16 gb version available at retails on launch.
    ...By many accounts, HP will not offer 16GB at retail stores at all (at least initially).
    It's now pretty obvious that HP is not going to restrict retailers from carrying the 16gb version.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I really don't think Staples is going to offer the 16gb version online, and not offer it in the stores, but we will have to wait and see on that one.
    so you now make a guess

It's now pretty obvious that HP is not going to restrict retailers from carrying the 16gb version.
    and then your guess magically become truth already?

There are numerous items on walmart.com or bestbuy.com you can't buy in stores. Is that really something you don't know?

Lets wait for the launch day and see how true my theory or your guess is, shall we?
    so you now make a guess

and then your guess magically become truth already?

There are numerous items on walmart.com or bestbuy.com you can't buy in stores. Is that really something you don't know?

Lets wait for the launch day and see how true my theory or your guess is, shall we?
    Whether Staples only allows it online or not, the fact remains, Staples, the retail company will have it available.

Plus, I can walk into a retail outlet (Staples) and pick one up on launch day.

So, according to Staples website, it does indeed look like there will be "16 gb version available at retails on launch".

Staples may choose to not place them in their store, but it's not that HP is not allowing them to carry it. As I said, it's pretty obvious that they are going to carry it, that's not a guess.
    Whether Staples only allows it online or not, the fact remains, Staples, the retail company will have it available.

Plus, I can walk into a retail outlet (Staples) and pick one up on launch day.

So, according to Staples website, it does indeed look like there will be "16 gb version available at retails on launch".

Staples may choose to not place them in their store, but it's not that HP is not allowing them to carry it. As I said, it's pretty obvious that they are going to carry it, that's not a guess.
    funny see this type of desperate words game you are playing.

go ahead enjoy yourself, see if that change any sales numbers on the ground.
    funny see this type of desperate words game you are playing.

go ahead enjoy yourself, see if that change any sales numbers on the ground.
    You're kidding, right? You said that HP is only going to sell it online, and not offer it through retailers, then I'm playing "word games" when a retailer offers it.

OK, whatever.

Personally, I don't think the 16gb version is going to sell well at all. I think most people interested in a TouchPad at all will spring the extra $100 for the 32gb version. If retailers choose not to put them in the store, I would suspect that would be the reason, rather than any sort of restriction by HP.

But, the botton line is, it's obvious HP is allowing retailers (at least one, so far) to carry the 16gb version.

But, the botton line is, it's obvious HP is allowing retailers (at least one, so far) to carry the 16gb version.
    online only, at least so far. please do not omit important fact.
    online only, at least so far. please do not omit important fact.
    Sorry dude, that's not a "fact", that's your interpretation.

The retailer has it. They are only offering it online. There is nothing to indicate that HP is restricting their sales to online sales. As a matter of fact, such a restriction would likely be illegal.
    Sorry dude, that's not a "fact", that's your interpretation.

The retailer has it. They are only offering it online. There is nothing to indicate that HP is restricting their sales to online sales. As a matter of fact, such a restriction would likely be illegal.
    lol, what? where did you see staple has 16GB in their warehouse or stores?

for all we know, they just take orders online and ship from HP.

why is that you kept making up whatever imaginary things and call it like a "fact"? While the real facts (like no store has show a model of 16GB in their stock system, like target employee stated no 16GB at retails store at launch) don't seem to matter to you?

For your argumentative spirit, why don't we take a bet that on launch day, buyers walking into a local retail store, they will not find a 16GB version of TP?

how about that? how about stop making your imaginary fact and put money where your mouth is?

Do you even care about fact? do you dare to come back here on July 2nd and claim your victory or admit your falsehood?
    how about that? how about stop making your imaginary fact and put money where your mouth is?

Do you even care about fact? do you dare to come back here on July 2nd and claim your victory or admit your falsehood?
    You got it. $499 bet that I can walk into a Staples on launch day, and purchase the 16gb version from them.
    You got it. $499 bet that I can walk into a Staples on launch day, and purchase the 16gb version from them.
    bravo. i will open a thread on launch day and ask ppl taking photos of the touchpad stock from whichever store they go to. lets see what happenes!
    To be fair, before you take me up on the bet:

• I really have no use for the 16gb version, but would likely sell it off
    • I really don't even want you to buy me one, I just would like the silliness of constant negative posts to slow a bit (and stick to the facts)
    • Go to this site HP TouchPad Displays Start Appearing at Best Buy, Walmart and scroll down to the comments. Look for the one quoted below

HP does have a 16GB version that will be sold at 499.00. I work at Staples and we already have the price tags to show that. So, Hp will have a cheaper model to compare with the other 16gb tabs on the market.
    Now, I wonder why a retail outlet would be printing up price tags for something that the mfg won't allow them to carrry.
    bravo. i will open a thread on launch day and ask ppl taking photos of the touchpad stock from whichever store they go to. lets see what happenes!
    So, the bet's on? Can we find someone to hold our $499 each, and winner take all?
    who knows, im not interested in speculating of that guy.

ps. the bet is not about you, it will be about the thread i just mentioned above.

if hp is sensible enough. thats a good for them.
    who knows, im not interested in speculating of that guy.

ps. the bet is not about you, it will be about the thread i just mentioned above.

if hp is sensible enough. thats a good for them.
    No answer from you though.

Please, choose one:

• Yes, you are betting $499 that the 16gb version will not be available in any retail store on launch day
    • No, you are not betting $499.

Which is it to be?
    So, the bet's on? Can we find someone to hold our $499 each, and winner take all?
    i am not doing illegal thing here, the bet is not to benifit you or me. donate to webosonternal or other fundation.
    No answer from you though.

Please, choose one:
    [*]Yes, you are betting $499 that the 16gb version will not be available in any retail store on launch day[*]No, you are not betting $499.

Which is it to be?
    yes, im betting 499 that buyers walking into a retail store on launch day won't find a 16gb tp. no pre-ordered shipping to store included.
    i am not doing illegal thing here, the bet is not to benifit you or me. donate to webosonternal or other fundation.
    I figured as much. There's nothing illegal in such a bet. Bets between individuals are legal almost anywhere in the US. Most gambling is restricted from the "house" keeping a cut. No one is suggesting that here.

I'll sell the TP, and give the proceeds to WebOS Internals. Forget this namsy-pansy $50 here and there nonsense, if you're sure of yourself, put it up.

You called it guy, not I. So, we've got nothing illegal. The proceeds won't benefit me. What's your next excuse?
    <<closed for cleaning>>

How about you guys take this to PM?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234