Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Shoud HP launch the TouchPad/Pre 3 together ?

    A Tablet and a smartphone, everyone might say different worlds different markets.

    For a tablet HP might not need phone carriers operators as with an smartphone.

    The Touch to Share feature that allows to share a web site between the HP Pre3 and the TouchPad is making a differentiation in front to the competition.

    At this time no tablet and smartphone manufacturer around the world have that technology.

    HP has promoted in several videos on youtube Touch to Share showing both devices working together:

    3 days ago arstechnica Poll Technica: do the new TouchPad videos have you lusting for one? started a poll with these questions, which the results at this time are:



    Although the sample size is not showed but in percentage, the results are not so encouraging to buy immediately the TouchPad by the consumer, until they read a review first , after the TouchPad is launched.

    “If you promote a package of two devices working together with awesomeness , give them to the market, right the way”

    The technology gadget consumer likes to show up the neighbors what they don´t have, despite a device is focused for business and enterprise as well.

    The neighbors might have just a tablet, but it doesn´t work together with an smartphone as HP´s do with the Touchstone technology.

    HP should find the way to fix the launch of the Better together working devices , offering them as a bundle, this July 1st.

    At this point the demand of them is splitted.
  2. #2  
    I think TTS is a cool feature and I really want a Pre3, but I don't think putting it out with the TP will make a big difference to initial sales. I think time would be better spent making damn sure those initial reviews are great.
  3. #3  
    Since both devices complement each other then you could see consumers buying both at the same time when they understand how they work together. Buying one thing could lead to another.

    This is all hypothetical though. HP isn't going to release the Pre3 for a while now. We have no carrier statements or a release date.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #4  
    #1. HP should under no circumstances delay the Touchpad to wait for the Pre3.

    #2. From what I've seen of TTS so far, neato! already does. I just haven't seen anything (yet) that makes me think TTS is a game-changer.
  5. #5  
    IMHO pre-3 should have been released when Veer was released and Veer should have come out with TP.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    IMHO pre-3 should have been released when Veer was released and Veer should have come out with TP.
    I agree with this 100%.
    The only other alternative would be to launch all three on July 1st. That would have been a webOS blitz. Hit every carrier with a device & all retail outlets with the TouchPad, & advertise like crazy.
  7. #7  
    +1 ... or imo the Pre3 should have been released before all other webos devices.

    The Pre3 is the flagship WebOS device imo... it represents the Pre series as the webos device that started it all. I guess we will never know why in heck the Pre3 was not ready before the Veer or even the TP and I thought it was lame to bring out the tiny niche phone out first... as a 'soft launch' at that.

    Maybe it would have been more impressive if Hurd was still CEO but had to leave and Leo is just lame... I really hoped for more from HP over palm but just has been a dissapointment from when they announced at beginning of year and had to wait months for July 1st. (not counting Veer launch cause it was a 'soft launch' and dont see it as a positive to have brought it out to market this way)

    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    IMHO pre-3 should have been released when Veer was released and Veer should have come out with TP.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Since both devices complement each other then you could see consumers buying both at the same time when they understand how they work together. Buying one thing could lead to another.

    This is all hypothetical though. HP isn't going to release the Pre3 for a while now. We have no carrier statements or a release date.
    The are 2 or 3 versions of the Pre 3 as I read on PC front pages before ,
    versions for the US and for Europe.

    How clever would be and unlocked Pre3 with the Touchpad at launch?

    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    #1. HP should under no circumstances delay the Touchpad to wait for the Pre3.
    Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    IMHO pre-3 should have been released when Veer was released and Veer should have come out with TP.
    Good point

    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Since they are not being released together then it's fairly safe to assume that one is ready before the other. So, the question could be rephrased "Should HP delay the TP until the Pre 3 is ready?" or "Should HP delay the Pre 3 until the TP is ready?"
    "Should HP delay the TP until the Pre 3 is ready?" is a better question.

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    +1 ... or imo the Pre3 should have been released before all other webos devices.

    The Pre3 is the flagship WebOS device imo... it represents the Pre series as the webos device that started it all. I guess we will never know why in heck the Pre3 was not ready before the Veer or even the TP and I thought it was lame to bring out the tiny niche phone out first... as a 'soft launch' at that.

    Maybe it would have been more impressive if Hurd was still CEO but had to leave and Leo is just lame... I really hoped for more from HP over palm but just has been a dissapointment from when they announced at beginning of year and had to wait months for July 1st. (not counting Veer launch cause it was a 'soft launch' and dont see it as a positive to have brought it out to market this way)
    Yes as I have seen forum members are more excited for the Pre3 than for the Touchpad. HP should launched the Pre 3 before the TP.
  9. #9  
    [QUOTE=akitayo;2994447] the sample size is not showed but in percentage, the results are not so encouraging ]

    math quiz time. what's the minimum sample size requires to get those percentages rounded to 2 decimal places? what fun!!
  10. #10  
    Solutions start at sample sizes of 2879.
  11. Doz007's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'd have thought it was a no brainer to launch the 2 products together, I was even expecting some special bundle offers.......
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
    I'd have thought it was a no brainer to launch the 2 products together, I was even expecting some special bundle offers.......
    IMO Bundle offers will come a few weeks after the devices are launched and spread the more HP can, worldwide.
  13.    #13  
    I was wondering why HP is not launching a Pre3 unlocked with the TouchPad if they are going to launch a Verizon CDMA ???
  14. #14  
    I am excited for the release of the TP and think the Pre3 should already have been released beforehand also. I want a Pre3 and will get one as soon as it hits but I still want the TP to be a huge success even though I do not see myself getting one.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums

Posting Permissions