Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ah, debt... the American way.

:s

not worth it, IMO.
    while i can understand how it might be easier for those with greater disposable income to afford the Touchpad, i don't think that there's necessarily anything wrong with saving for it, selling a couple things etc. the only people who shouldn't be getting a Touchpad are those with no income at all to pay it off. at least with selling things, you are not using your regular income that could be spent on food, gas etc. you are simply getting rid of things you don't need anymore to fund something that you want. makes perfect financial sense to me, rich or poor.

personally for me, i can afford the thing, but would rather sell a thing or two to help cushion the cost. nothing wrong with that..
    Wait for back to school or holiday specials.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    while i can understand how it might be easier for those with greater disposable income to afford the Touchpad, i don't think that there's necessarily anything wrong with saving for it, selling a couple things etc. the only people who shouldn't be getting a Touchpad are those with no income at all to pay it off. at least with selling things, you are not using your regular income that could be spent on food, gas etc. you are simply getting rid of things you don't need anymore to fund something that you want. makes perfect financial sense to me, rich or poor.

personally for me, i can afford the thing, but would rather sell a thing or two to help cushion the cost. nothing wrong with that..
    Oh, there's nothing wrong with saving for it, or selling some older stuff to make way for new stuff. But it's the financially inexperienced younger folks getting credit cards, get into debt, or mooch off their parents just to get the TouchPad that is troublesome.

Folks should be able to make rational judgment of priorities when spending such a large sum of money.
    Last edited by sooby77; 06/19/2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Broke peeps, how about not buy the Touchpad, take that money and pay down your credit card debt??
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Sooby77 im going to have to diagree with you. If I as a younger folk have my own disposable income I can get a credit card if I want to. Maybe some people have more self control then you do. Im not going to buy anything else with the card just that.(18months interest free is a undeniable good deal) And if times do somehow get tight I can easily sell the touchpad and recoup all cost. (ebays wonderful)
    I had forgotten that the main reason I come here is for the sound financial and marketing advice. From the tips on how Sprint should be marketing WebOS, to how I should spend my money, ahhh P|C.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Wait for back to school or holiday specials.
    Anyways, on topic. I am looking at something like this, hopefully I get some B-Day cash and we get official confirmation on Pre3 pricing and release date for ATT. We may hold off on the Pre3's and do Veers (for Free) and a TP for now.

We will see where the TP price point is near the end of August, even if the price hasn't dropped would like to see some bundles with accessories. I also HATE buying electronics at launch, between buggy software and hardware and only having a handful of accessories available, I can wait.

So yeah that's out plan, see how TP and WebOS 3.0 launches, see what happens with the 7inch tab. Then make a semi-grown up decision on what purchase(s) to make.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just got approved for a best buy rewards credit card( first credit card), and i am taking advantage of the 18 months no interest. I already have the cash set aside from selling old electronics, and buying cellphones and selling them on ebay. you'd be amazed how cheaply people will sell old phones for.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nshave8881 View Post
    Just got approved for a best buy rewards credit card( first credit card), and i am taking advantage of the 18 months no interest. I already have the cash set aside from selling old electronics, and buying cellphones and selling them on ebay. you'd be amazed how cheaply people will sell old phones for.lol
    Cash Back Credit Cards: Start earning money on your purchases today - CreditCards.com will give you cards with $100-150 cashback when you spend $500 (a touchpad) plus 12months no interest!.

hehe
    Woot! Cashed in on Father's day! Got 3/4 of the way there, and my frugal wife did it partially by buying Best Buy gift cards, which give us a discount on our gym fees! So technically I'll be getting a discount off of MSRP.

Now hopefully BB will have them in stock on the 1st!
    We need to build up credit at some point, and for younger people like myself an interest-free credit card is the easiest way to do it. Since BB offers that for larger purchases like the Touchpad, why not? I agree if you're living paycheck to paycheck, don't get it but if you can afford the payments, go ahead and do it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123