Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I, as a consumer, will be tough on any company that fails to perform, no matter what, but, first they have to be given a fair opportunity to perform, and to date, the device hasn't even launched.

Im simply amazed at the fordrawn conclusions here, and stunned that some of those who are posting and know better, are just chiding in to fuel the fire - I thought we were past that.

THAT, is "sad".

My advice: Lighten up, and have some real foresight and patience - there is always more than enough time to complain about that which really did happen, or has been phsysically determined to be absent, despite a promise to the contrary - but not on a device that hasnt even released yet.

Sheesh.

/:
    Buh rah vo!!!
    Ill be using my laptop for any doc editing so I def have no problem waiting another month or two for the full app. Just give me...

-HBOGo
    -Netflix
    -Chase app
    -Engadget
    -some kind of file manager(maybe homebrew)
    -Tapatalk or some other kind of forum app
    -Zedge
    -Zynga

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    Not to beat up dead horce, but may be they are waiting to put Paid version of QuickOffice with Pre3?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by krisnicaj View Post
    Ill be using my laptop for any doc editing so I def have no problem waiting another month or two for the full app. Just give me...

-HBOGo
    -Netflix
    -Chase app
    -Engadget
    -some kind of file manager(maybe homebrew)
    -Tapatalk or some other kind of forum app
    -Zedge
    -Zynga

You might not have heard but the guy that made Taptalk forums has made another app for touchpad called "communities" that he says is leaps and bounds better.
    I think a lot depends on how quickly the app is available. I could be wrong, but I think most enterprises would be hesitant picking up bulk orders on launch day. Many of them will probably wait a month, then order some for testing before buying a lot. As long as editing is added shortly after launch I think it'll be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Not to beat up dead horce, but may be they are waiting to put Paid version of QuickOffice with Pre3?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    i think hp has demonstrated some preference in the tablet, if they can pick and choose to support one of the two, they will support tablet.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    no for the pre3 u will have to purchse quickoffice for ediiting. for the TP quickoffice editting is part of the package.
    i just hope the delay is within a week or two
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    You might not have heard but the guy that made Taptalk forums has made another app for touchpad called "communities" that he says is leaps and bounds better.
    No I did not hear thanks for the info. Scratch that off my list.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    woo hoo, good news guys, check this out....

SirKneelandJohn Kneeland

And since Google Docs is so well-integrated into HP Synergy, it all works out pretty well

14 hours ago

SirKneelandJohn Kneeland

Editing in Google Docs works great on my TouchPad #thatlldopig

14 hours agoFavoriteRetweet
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post

And since Google Docs is so well-integrated into HP Synergy, it all works out pretty well

14 hours ago
    for business, its about the compatibility with MS office. I don't think google doc gonna cut it.
    What about a remote desktop App and editing files on your PC through the tablet?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, they got citrix... and google docs as far as i have used have never had ne compatibility issues with word or excel.
    may not be the ideal solution for everyone but google docs editing works for me. usuing citrix works for most enterprise enviroment. so while not an ideal solution its def workable.
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Because Microsoft's documentation of its Office 2007 and later formats is extremely poor. Their own products do not comply with what they submitted to become an ISO standard, and even projects like OpenOffice (which had the backing of Oracle at one time) had difficulty putting together code that would reliably product what Office products produced.

To further suggest how difficult it might be, Microsoft's own Office team has had to produce updates for the Office Compatibility Pack used by Office XP and Office 2003 to address compatibility.
    Which is why I hate MS Office to the highest extend possible. I have a Mac and quite often when I get stuff written in MS Office for Windows I'm struggling opening it. Full compatability my a...

The solution is easy though: LaTeX. Too bad too few people know that If they did, they'd never want to use MS Office again. Sure happened to me. First few weeks using LaTeX was a pain, but then I felt like in a wonderland, with beer rivers, flying pigs and all.

Oh man, I sure hope there will be LaTeX on the Touchpad *dream* I'll finish my studies soon, maybe I'll look into it. Too bad I barely have any programming experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    for business, its about the compatibility with MS office. I don't think google doc gonna cut it.
    The only applications that are 100% compatible with MS office are MS Office applications.
    Google Docs actually has a very high level of compatibility - as high as most people would need on a tablet type device.

The big drawback to Google Docs is that it is an internet suite. You lose the network connection, you can't edit the docs. Nothing stored locally.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that does not seem to stop ppl from writing excellent apps for android or iOS in short time.

blaming MS, Im afraid, won't be useful this time around. after all, quickoffice is not an upstart, its there for linux based android for quite a while.

somebody at hp should be fired.
    This is so funny. Seriously.

Somebody at HP should be fired, because QuickOffice hasn't finished the product yet?

Why not someone at QuickOffice should be fired.

Oh wait, that won't work. What fun is that to say on an HP forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, they got citrix... and google docs as far as i have used have never had ne compatibility issues with word or excel.
    may not be the ideal solution for everyone but google docs editing works for me. usuing citrix works for most enterprise enviroment. so while not an ideal solution its def workable.
    It works pretty well, but if you've never had any compatibility issues with word or excel, you haven't been trying very hard.

But even if Google docs was 100% compatible, it wouldn't be an acceptable solution if you wanted to get something done on an airplane (unless it has wifi, which is still pretty rare in my experience).
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    This looks like a Playbook kind of a disaster if no doc editing will be included.
    coming july 1st is the new PlayPad
    Buy a product based on what it can do today, not based on futures.

The only one who should buy futures is a commodity trader.

I can't remember how many times the Pre was promised Flash from January CES 2009 on. I do not think anything was done to deceive anyone. It just was not as easy as thought.

Anyone who has bought bleeding edge products knows that if you need a feature, buy a product that has that feature...or wait.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/18/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    It is unfortunate that the editing suite won't be ready at launch.

We just have to accept that we are imperfect human beings.

But Google/docs should be accessible through the browser?!

That should help.

Case closed on my side.

Best of luck for HPPalm for this endeavour.
    Best of luck is a good phrase, they will need it now. My decision has been made, I am getting an android tablet now, and an android phone. HP is behind the hardware curve taking entirely too long to get products out, already behind when they come.

I love webOS and wish I could stick with it, but between being a sprint customer and their lack of interest in Palm anything, and HPs lack of delivering in areas most needed, I am left without a choice except to say goodbye to anything new. I'll keep my Pre till it dies, which will be soon.

I'm not looking for the latest and greatest, I'll likely be getting a MOTO XPRT as it is a world phone android which Sprint sorely needs. This Tour is among the worst phones I've ever used, and the Pre is on its last leg. I have no viable other world phone replacement unless i go to Verizon which has no service in areas around me, or AT&T which is the same, no service.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast