Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Who confirmed this?
    if this is confirmed true on july 1, no touchpad for me, and no more webOS for me, if HP can't get document editing for their TP on release I doubt they can do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Maybe they are PDK apps? Take longer to code?
    they are Hybrid, and they should take longer anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    we will know soon enough who is trustworthy...
    and now we know the rep is more trustworthy than the no-so-truthful Rubinstein.

Seriously, HP, what is the problem?

There are quickoffice, doc to go, think free office, picsel smart office, officesuit. You can't pay any one of those up and get a working license in one year? for your so obsessed business market?
    Not true at all, because we have a rumor that says a rep was right, doesn't make a sales rep more trustworthy.

But since you trust sales people, I've got a bridge for sale, and beach front property in Tennessee.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Seriously, HP, what is the problem?

There are quickoffice, doc to go, think free office, picsel smart office, officesuit. You can't pay any one of those up and get a working license in one year? for your so obsessed business market?
    Exactly how was Rubinstein being "not-so-truthful".

According to P|C, what he said was that HP was "working with Quickoffice to include the Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite, which lets you view and edit documents, such as Microsoft Word and Excel". No promise of day 1 availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Exactly how was Rubinstein being "not-so-truthful".

According to P|C, what he said was that HP was "working with Quickoffice to include the Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite, which lets you view and edit documents, such as Microsoft Word and Excel". No promise of day 1 availability.
    good point.

as I recall, they didn't say touchpad would have anything by day 1 at all.

Its just a expensive email, internet and calendar device then, on day 1.

Lets wait and see how many people will buy that.
    Looks like the keynote is still on Youtube but HP made it private. I'll just transcribe what Rubinstein word for word:

"TouchPad isn't just a pretty face - it's a powerful work tool too, and has everything you need to be instantly productive. [some keyboard talk] You can access AND (his emphasis) edit your Microsoft documents since TouchPad comes bundled with QuickOffice."
    good point.

as I recall, they didn't say touchpad would have anything by day 1 at all.

Its just a expensive email, internet and calendar device then, on day 1.

Lets wait and see how many people will buy that.
    I notice you offer simply more nonsense, but avoided the question.

How was Rubenstein being "not so truthful"?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    however u want to justify it, palm has been promissing Doc editing for like 2 or 3 years now... and most people here are just saying this feels like Dejavu.... how can it possibly take longer than 6 months to get an app working. thats just crazy~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I forgot QuickTime X can trim videos. Here's the relevant clip for anyone interested: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3576538/rubi...uickoffice.mov
    I notice you offer simply more nonsense, but avoided the question.

How was Rubenstein being "not so truthful"?
    nonono, he was truthful alright, I apologize to mr. Rubinstein. Next time, I would surely not make such mistake again.

Unless he says something will be available on a certain time, it should be treated as vapor and not something solid at all. This is a grave mistake I made alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    however u want to justify it, palm has been promissing Doc editing for like 2 or 3 years now... and most people here are just saying this feels like Dejavu.... how can it possibly take longer than 6 months to get an app working. thats just crazy~!
    Bottom line though, is that what the representative said jibes exactly what what Rubenstein said back in February:

Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    At launch the TouchPad will only have document read capabilities. However, an over the air update is in the works right now to get full editing capabilities. So that will be pushed out to all TouchPads shortly after launch.
    An "update in the works right now" (in June) jibes with Ruby stating (in February) that HP was "working with Quickoffice to include the Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite"

I find it interesting that some folks on here pick and choose from this rep what they want to believe.

They believe the rep that it's not coming this way out of the box, but they don't believe the rep that they are working on an update right now.

Why would the rep lie about one and not the other?
    nonono, he was truthful alright, I apologize to mr. Rubinstein. Next time, I would surely not make such mistake again.

Unless he says something will be available on a certain time, it should be treated as vapor and not something solid at all. This is a grave mistake I made alright.
    Why should it be "treated as vapor"?
    On the TouchPad, they've met the timetables given.

Of course, anyone following these forums knows why you would label it such, but that doesn't make it so.
    I still want to see what TP actually ships with. The wording of the info on the front page article doesn't say anything about Word and Excel editing.

I am just wondering if there is no mention of it because the edit feature will be an in app purchase... Just saying the text below is far from conclusive and makes no mention of editing those two types of docs.

"The initial version of QuickOffice Connect Mobile Suite will support viewing of Microsoft Office Word and Excel documents. QuickOffice is expected to make PowerPoint viewing capabilities available at launch via a downloadable update in the App Catalog, and to add PowerPoint editing capabilities via a downloadable update in Q3 2011."
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Why should it be "treated as vapor"?
    On the TouchPad, they've met the timetables given.
    what time table? who gave a timetable? when?

day 1? day 2? day 3? dat 50? day 100? day 360? shortly? when is shortly?

There is no time table, there is just rambling. Im not gonna make that mistake again.

Any buyer in the market shouldn't make that mistake neither, no app? no purchase.
    Of course, anyone following these forums knows why you would label it such, but that doesn't make it so.
    lets leave other people's words in their own mouth, shall we? I don't pretend to represent other people, and you probably don't neither.
    I just tweeted @QuickOffice expressing concern over the lack of Editing on Touchpad launch. The last 2 times I've tweeted them, they've responded. I suggest all of you tweet and mention them letting them know how much this means to us all. If they get a floodgate of concern over this, they might up the priority on completing it. Can't hurt!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I just tweeted @QuickOffice expressing concern over the lack of Editing on Touchpad launch. The last 2 times I've tweeted them, they've responded. I suggest all of you tweet and mention them letting them know how much this means to us all. If they get a floodgate of concern over this, they might up the priority on completing it. Can't hurt!
    what did they say in response to your tweet?
    what did they say in response to your tweet?
    They haven't responded to this one just yet, I was saying the last 2 times I've tweeted them in the past, they responded so I'm guessing they will respond. They tend to take mentions seriously.
    Well, I don't think he deliberately lied in February. But if the TouchPad really doesn't come with document editing out of the box, I don't see how anyone could look back at what he said and not think that he promised something that wasn't delivered.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast