Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bevcraw
  1.    #1  
    Hi there.

Sometimes ago, I tried the iPad with a some huge PDF (the Oracle docs) and I found that iPad's PDF-Readers do NOT support clickable links in the index of the doc!

What about the TouchPad? Anyone can say me?

10q!
    Haha, good luck The current PDF reader in webOS does not even render all PDFs...

€dith: OK, just opened a PDF I created with LaTeX in my Dropbox and the links appear to be working. You mean the links in the table of content, right?
    Last edited by FischOderAal; 06/16/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Hmmm, I don't really know exactly how pdf works. But I have some pdf books that I read on my iPad, link does work on some of the pdf and some pdf doesn't work. I think it's all depend on how they made the pdf. I could be wrong, like I said I have no clue how pdf works. So far, iPad pdf reader, i used GoodReader, works very well.
    Wasn't the Adobe Reader icon spotted on the TouchPad screenshots? That would suggest that it would have functional parity. It seems to on my Linux system, anyway.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Haha, good luck The current PDF reader in webOS does not even render all PDFs...

€dith: OK, just opened a PDF I created with LaTeX in my Dropbox and the links appear to be working. You mean the links in the table of content, right?
    Yes, exactly!

@passlogix

I tried GoodReader with no luck!

Oh, I forgot to say: I can not install apps in tha iPad nor in the Touch, I "must" use the PDF Reader that starts from the browser, that's because some PDFs are generated automatically (uhm, yep is a little work that I'm doing... )
    Quote Originally Posted by ILovePalm View Post
    Hi there.

Sometimes ago, I tried the iPad with a some huge PDF (the Oracle docs) and I found that iPad's PDF-Readers do NOT support clickable links in the index of the doc!

10q!
    Why don't you tried Good reader? That is a best software for iPad.
    No, indexes & links/bookmarks don't work for PDF files on Adobe Reader for the Touchpad.
    Last edited by DJFLYNT; 07/21/2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Added "indexes"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earc1addison View Post
    Why don't you tried Good reader? That is a best software for iPad.
    I believe that the OP was trying to get information about the Touchpad, not advice on the iPad. After all, this is a Touchpad forum on a webOS site.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILovePalm View Post
    Hi there.

10q!
    Links work for me (on the iPad)... Maybe it's the document?