Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow..I took my Playbook back and decided not to get the transformer because I was waiting on the TP.. As I ran over the features of this thing I have found that their is no HDMI output. This can't be true is it?? I mean every tablet on the market has this feather even the garbage Cruz tablet.. This is a major FAIL on the part of HP..Did they forget or something?? I mean this is unbelievable.. Am i missing something here??
    No you aren't. There isn't one.

While it is a common feature, it's not commonly used.

Still though, that's no excuse.
    really, there isnt. Gotta save something for the touchpad two.
    I donít think it will be an earth shattering knock against the TP overall. Itís a feature that a lot of tech blogs like to point out, but the reality is that most people will likely never buy the miniHDMI connector needed to make it work. Even if it does only cost $3 from Monoprice.

If youíve ever tried using it with applications that require input, it is quite difficult to use the tablet for input, then look at the TV. Unless you want to let your friends watch you play Angry Birds on the big screen, itís only real use is for movie playback.

That said, if it is a feature you are looking for, then yes youíll have to look elsewhere because the TP doesnít have it.

-Suntan
    I had thought they were implementing it through the Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I had thought they were implementing it through the Touchstone.
    Donít hold your breath on that one. Itís not going to be a feature of the touchstone.

-Suntan
    It's one thing to not have HDMI output; it's another thing entirely for a purported enterprise machine to not even have a VGA output for presentations using the majority of available video projectors. Apple has an output that has both in one jack. Seems like a really bad mistake. One of my major uses of this would be Powerpoint presentations while traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    It's one thing to not have HDMI output; it's another thing entirely for a purported enterprise machine to not even have a VGA output for presentations using the majority of available video projectors. Apple has an output that has both in one jack. Seems like a really bad mistake. One of my major uses of this would be Powerpoint presentations while traveling.

THIS

I am not concerned at all about HDMI out. But, it does seem odd that it will not connect to a projector / other screen. I'll be curious to see what launches and what remedies may be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I also agree with this.
    If they are trying to focus on businesses, then they surely need a way to get video out.
    I'm so tired of all the speculation or misinformation. Here is the bottom line for all HP WebOS products from this point forward:

All products will have the ability to purchase and use HP-provided products and services as well as those products and services provided by HP partners who provide a revenue stream to HP. All features that simply provide customer satisfaction without meeting the above-stated requirement will not be present on WebOS products.

There. That should clear things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Wow..I took my Playbook back and decided not to get the transformer because I was waiting on the TP.. As I ran over the features of this thing I have found that their is no HDMI output. This can't be true is it?? I mean every tablet on the market has this feather even the garbage Cruz tablet.. This is a major FAIL on the part of HP..Did they forget or something?? I mean this is unbelievable.. Am i missing something here??
    First, do you actually need it?
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I think H/P should come out with more elegant solution, like use wifi to mirror TP screen on a larger screen
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I also agree with this.
    If they are trying to focus on businesses, then they surely need a way to get video out.
    Had I still been in college and wanted a TP for use at school, I can't count how many times I had to do presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I think H/P should come out with more elegant solution, like use wifi to mirror TP screen on a larger screen
    Would be cool if there was a separate wifi-n adapter with VGA/HDMI on the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    First, do you actually need it?
    Good point. It's crazy to want to slap a presentation onto a larger screen with the ease and simplicity of an HDMI connector when you can just tell your audience to suck it up and squint so they can see the TP screen.

Am I the only one who thinks TP is the perfect symbol for the device? Why would anybody choose a name that abbreviates TP unless on some level they knew it was a fitting abbreviation?
    Just a matter of time before being banned - simply because I recognize that HP is killing WebOS.
    Oh come on, just bring your touchstone and face your TP to the audience and do your presentation.

I will admit that if I were making an important presentation...I'd bring my laptop.

The TP would be for "convenience", etc. In those cases, having someone look at the TP screen seems acceptable.

If we are scheduled for a big presentation meeting....I don't think any tablet is the BEST choice.
    For the record, I love webOS. I'm just trying to make the point that webOS should not be so constricted. Are you listening HP? I just pre-ordered the EVO 3D. WebOS is better, but where is the hardware? Why can't I just purchase a webOS phone with all the cool features of the EVO 3D (aside from the 3D feature)? These are very basic features like video out and portable local storage.
    Just a matter of time before being banned - simply because I recognize that HP is killing WebOS.
    Presentations... Can WebOS display PowerPoint presentations in the first place?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    My year old laptop has a HDMI output and I have yet to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My year old laptop has a HDMI output and I have yet to use it.
    My 3 month old laptop has HDMI and VGA outputs. I have already used both. It also has a slot for SD cards. I use that too. Can you imagine a perfectly good laptop with a huge hard drive and a nice 15 inch screen with wifi and ethernet capability and I STILL use HDMI, VGA and SD cards? And they make my life easier.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast