Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It's true that the TV display only, no mirroring, works on the other devices. I was just saying that a firmware update can add this feature, at least for entertainment. I'm not sure if you can jailbreak to get mirroring working on the other devices, meaning it worked all along(you know Apple) or if it really is a hardware limitation alone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    First, do you actually need it?
    Sorry im so late with my replies. But yes I do actually need it. This was going to replace my laptop or netbook purchase this year. When using TV streaming its good to be able to hook it up to the TV and look at videos from CNN and other channels in Hi Def that suits my TV. I'd also like to use it to play music to my TV and have the music player UI loaded to my T.V that also is connected to my surround sound. Im really puzzled by this though ..Its almost like a no brainer to include something so cheap in cost that matches every competitor in the market. There is not ONE tablet on the market that does not have this feature. This is not acceptable!!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    HP really needs to fix this for future versions of TP. We can play the apologist all we want... "well, I really wouldn't use it anyway", etc but it needs HDMI or display port.

My Galaxy Tab can become a pseudo-media server. I can stream audios/videos from my PC to Tab, then connect Tab to a TV with its HDMI dock (yeah wish it had HDMI out, instead of via dock but better than nothing). Again, "well I wouldn't really stream videos anyway"... right, but for one person that doesn't care, there's another one that does. It's all about having options. TP1 is quite limiting. I will not be buying... looking forward to a better TP2.
    I just hope with all the lacking features that the TP survives to a TP2. Why would anyone buy this to replace a laptop as it supposed to do? It has not one capability to a laptop. This is strange and I just know the release version will have some type of video out. SMH
    it'd be nice if it had a vga out then I could use it for powerpoint presentations at work. VGA+HDMI would have been better. HP is just getting started in tablets, so I'm pretty sure the TP2 will have it.

I'll still get one. HP should undercut the ipad by at least 50$ ideally for lack of certain features.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    I'll still get one. HP should undercut the ipad by at least 50$ ideally for lack of certain features.
    It doesn't seem to work like that. If it's under-priced, it draws attention to the fact that it lacks *something* even to people that wouldn't have previously noticed or that wouldn't be affected by the missing spec.

Also, if you need a missing feature, then you're going to plunk down the extra $50 for the iPad... and if you didn't need that feature anyway, and just bought the Touchpad, HP will have lost $50 for no reason.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234