Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ok, so don't hate me but I have never owned a WebOS device and I have watched some reviews on youtube but never really got a full scoop, but I have a few questions for anyone who uses Windows Live Services.

I actually use all of microsofts services as we speak. I have Hotmail, Messenger, Calendar, Xbox 360/Live, Skydrive, Office 2010, Zune, HP Laptop/Desktop etc etc.

My first idea is deciding to wait for a Windows Phone 7 and then get a Windows 8 tablet next year, but since the touchpad is so sexy (And I am an HP fan) I really want to get one, and I really want to get a Pre3 to use with it. The Touch to Share capabilities and bluetooth connections have really made me want to get this, but if I can't even use half of the services then it doesn't help to get one. So...

I read Zune doesn't sync with WebOS, so music, videos everything doesn't work? (At least for now) Is there a Windows Live App for WebOS? Does the Calendar update over the cloud to the phone just as it does online? Is there a messenger app? For anyone who has maybe touched or seen a touchpad, is there any Windows Live integration into Synergy or the OS?

I really really really want an HP Touchpad on July 1st but as a college student I have to justify the 500+ dollars I would like to spend getting the 16GB+Accessories and then use it to its full potential.

Decisions decisions...
    I think there is little chance that the Touchpad will EVER get access to Windows Live and Zune. MS wants you to use Windows for that, in fact, WinXP is excluded.

The best you could hope for is to be able to remote desktop to another computer that can then run that stuff. That may not even be possible or, usable.

You would need to adopt an all new strategy and use the HP based cloud services that will come with the Touchpad and somehow make that work for your needs.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    "You would need to adopt an all new strategy"

Thats pretty much what I am afraid of. All of my stuff works perfectly fine right now on my laptop/desktop combination I got, so I wouldn't see much use out of switching my strategy if everything is ok right now. I had started another thread regarding its use as a Textbook but Im not seeing much light about that either...

I guess if I will be buying the touchpad it will be for the apps...but it would be hard justifying opening my pocketbook for it.
    I don't mean to like push you away from webOS, but honestly look at your Windows Live situation, it looks like you'd be best for Windows. I've recently moved from Windows Live to Google and I think it's been a much better experience. I don't like using a service that only that service can access those files(iTunes, Zune). I like having my music anywhere I want it. I used to use Skydrive, Hotmail, and all that stuff but Google has just been a better experience and syncs much better with webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Hotmail and calender work really well via the build in exchange for me.
    For messenger you will have to get an IM app since wlm is not built into synergy right now (maybe someone can make a plugin for this).

The Zune software works only with the Zune players, just like iTunes only works with iPods (without hackin though). I use Windows Media Player to organize my music and videos on the Pre. WMP recognizes any flash device so no problem there.

Right now only SkyDrive is the only thing not working on WebOS. It should be possible for a developer to create a plugin for that too, if Microsoft has an API for this.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    oh I forgot, contacts are also synched via exchange
    Hello, this is my first post. Help please.....
    I need/want to sync contacts for these devices: pre plus, touch pad, win 7 desk top and xp laptop. I think windows live will work? right? The program "missing sync" has been a disaster for the pre plus and desktop. I just lost all of the contacts on the desktop and pre plus. I have an old copy on the laptop.
    you could use google contacts with all devices and synch with outlook on your PCs. on the PCs you just need the google sync program from google to synch with google calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    you could use google contacts with all devices and synch with outlook on your PCs. on the PCs you just need the google sync program from google to synch with google calendar.
    Just a warning Outlook only syncs with 1 google calendar on windows, very irritating otherwise my life would be a lot easier.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Use Exchange on Hotmail. Then all contact & calendar are synced to any of your device.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drannel View Post
    Hi,
    For messenger you will have to get an IM app since wlm is not built into synergy right now (maybe someone can make a plugin for this).

The Zune software works only with the Zune players, just like iTunes only works with iPods (without hackin though). I use Windows Media Player to organize my music and videos on the Pre. WMP recognizes any flash device so no problem there.

Right now only SkyDrive is the only thing not working on WebOS. It should be possible for a developer to create a plugin for that too, if Microsoft has an API for this.
    maybe I don't understand, but I just got done creating a (very simple) spreadsheet on my TP using the wen app for excel on Sjydrive...should i not have been able to do that? I just used the browser to do it....
    Quote Originally Posted by drannel View Post
    Hi,

How did you configure exchange for Hotmail?