Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    uhm, maybe they didn't use the word 'outsell'. but you've been living under a rock if you haven't concluded that, at least for awhile, they seemed to want to take on the ipad head to head.
    All the "HP can't catch up the iPad are from members from this and other forums". They know they can't think about beating anyone in the short term. They're just trying to create an ecosystem (and by "create an ecosystem" I mean pick users and devs).
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    All the "HP can't catch up the iPad are from members from this and other forums". They know they can't think about beating anyone in the short term. They're just trying to create an ecosystem (and by "create an ecosystem" I mean pick users and devs).
    "Number one plus" sure sounds like they expect to overtake iPad.

The really don't do themselves any favors by saying things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    "Number one plus" sure sounds like they expect to overtake iPad.

The really don't do themselves any favors by saying things like that.
    Probably yes, but they didn't said that talking about sales, but about the device itself; "number one plus" means "iPad plus", not "best seller plus".

But it seems everyone (here and media) wants to find an iPad killer, the same as before it was with the iPhone killer. All the HP statements about the topic have been the opposite of "nobody will carry an iPad after July 1st".

They just think they have a better product (I think so too), but they know they don't have the ecosystem ready to beat the iPad. Maybe they can beat the Android myriad of Android tablets (Android is far from ready for tablets, and devs are waiting for the new framework) out there, but just that.
    Newness Developments apps:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12