View Poll Results: Buying a Touchpad? Where?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Sales Rep

23 15.97%
  • Amazon

33 22.92%
  • Best Buy

57 39.58%
  • Walmart

22 15.28%
  • Office Depot

0 0%
  • Office Max

1 0.69%
  • Sams Club

7 4.86%
  • Staples

1 0.69%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'm going with HP, getting free overnight shipping. If it doesn't come on saturday, I can wait til monday............
    You mean Tuesday, right? July 4th and all...

Personally, I'll try to get it on launch day from any local retailer; I'm really looking forward to have a 3-day weekend to play with it!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Best Buy if they're in stock. Got to get my reward zone points!

I'll be hitting the other brick and mortars if they're sold out (points are worth the wait).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    I will check it out in BB, and if it really impresses me, I will get one from Amazon, otherwise, I will wait for a HP promo or some ebay deals like the recent ones on playbook, acer iconia, xoom, etc. I don't think I will have to wait for long.
    Even an ebay deal (through tigerdirect) on the hottest android honeycomb tablet on the market

ASUS Eee Pad 32GB Transformer 10.1" Android3.0 Bundle | eBay

$474.99 for ASUS Transformer 32GB NIB, no tax in most states and free shipping

I think I will be a bit patient and wait for a deal on TouchPad.
    sorry fo the double post but i dont want my question to get lost.

how can i check if Amazon has a presence in my state as to see what tax i would have to pay? (Ohio)
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Walmart because Walmart knows their electronics. I mean, when is the last time a Best Buy guy could answer a simple question? I asked the Best Buy guy about theoretical physics and he wouldn't answer me. I asked the Walmart guy where the batteries were and he took me right there.

Yeah I know what you mean. I asked the best buy dude how many electrons it would take in the electron phasing cycle to get enough energy to get my Palm Pre 2 past warp 13. He couldn't answer! I couldn't believe it.

So I went to wal mart and asked them to ring me out and they did. Just like it should be.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I sadly have a 10% off Best Buy coupon-- that expires on the 30th.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I sadly have a 10% off Best Buy coupon-- that expires on the 30th.
    Even if that coupon expired after the 1st - I can guarantee you that you wouldn't be able to use it on the Touchpad... can't use it on the ipad - so why do you think you'd be able to use it on a similar item? If you want to save some money - do what others are doing (buy from Amazon.com and save on the tax and get free shipping).
    Sprint Love
    Looks to be incorrect..

From date: Saturday, January 1, 2011
    Added 22 weeks
    Resulting date: Saturday, June 4, 2011
    And based on what I've been told, at least one of the local BBY's here will have TouchPad training starting June 26th...
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post

how can i check if Amazon has a presence in my state as to see what tax i would have to pay? (Ohio)
    why not just pretend to buy something on amazon right now and see if you get charged tax..
  12.    #72  
    ATTN: STAPLES, OFFICE DEPOT and OFFICE MAX... STOP SELLING ELECTRONICS!!!!
    Now that the Staples Pre-Order is in the mix, I might decide to go that route and skip the midnight meeting at Wally World/

???????????????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Unshaven guy in a dark alley at 3:45am he asks me 'psssht, hey, you... Need some TouchPad?'

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post

From Amazon.com Help: Sales Tax
    Orders Subject to Sales Tax
    The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

For sales tax purposes, electronically delivered products (e-books, e-documents, and electronically delivered software) are considered to be shipped to your credit card billing address.

No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
    Last edited by w2wpaul; 06/17/2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    None of these.....I'll be buying it from the HP Employee online store.
    Are you going to wait to see what DeWitt's deal of the month is, or buy it on launch day?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    why not just pretend to buy something on amazon right now and see if you get charged tax..
    I just looked at my Amazon purchase history, since I had forgotten, and I don't get any sales tax here in Los Angeles. So $50 less Amazon it is, plus a cover case and a touchstone if they have it !
    Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    From Amazon.com Help: Sales Tax
    Orders Subject to Sales Tax
    The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

For sales tax purposes, electronically delivered products (e-books, e-documents, and electronically delivered software) are considered to be shipped to your credit card billing address.

No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
    so no Ohio tax then?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I just got a 10% off weekend Best Buy coupons in the mail 2 days ago for this weekend. Didn't see int eh fire print that the HP Touchpad was excluded for the 10% off. Thats $60 bucks right there, then my local sales tax of 5.5% i still get about $30 vs Amazon Plus BB REward Zone Points.

Might we worth to cancel my preorder... Get it sooner, and save $30.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast