View Poll Results: Buying a Touchpad? Where?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Sales Rep

23 15.97%
  • Amazon

33 22.92%
  • Best Buy

57 39.58%
  • Walmart

22 15.28%
  • Office Depot

0 0%
  • Office Max

1 0.69%
  • Sams Club

7 4.86%
  • Staples

1 0.69%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    can you explain how to obtain this?
    If a company does not have a physical presence in your state, then they don't collect sales tax at the point of sale. Unfortunately, I have an Amazon distribution center about 4 miles from my house.
  2.    #42  
    keep it coming.. very good data IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Fry's Electronics or Micro Center. No Lines!
    Micro Center

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Wal-Mart only because I know where it is where i'm travelling to (El Paso).
    I'm buying from the HP Sales Rep - she's calling me Sunday morning to take the order. I think the only question is: she has already offered free FedEx overnight shipping but will she pay for Saturday delivery (or can I?)

Time will tell!
    best buy because of the buyback program should a new and better webos tablet come about
    If I buy one, I'll be buying from amazon (save on tax + get extra reward points from my credit card)
    what about shopping.hp.com web site? Are does this fall under HP Sales Rep? I can order off this site and not speak to anyone. This site will have the 16GB version too.
    I'm going to Best Buy first, and if they don't have any, cruising another 2 miles up the highway to Walmart where I'm told they have 4 on order. I want the Best Buy reward points, but I may just say screw it and go at midnight last day of June to this 24 hour Walmart and buy it then. I'm taking the day off work just for this Touchpad purchase :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    One of the 24 hr Walmart's in Orange County California at 12:00AM Friday July 1st
    oh snap. not a bad idea. there's one of those near me. might have to try this.
    I'm planning on flying down to one of the States to pick mine up on July 1. Which one's the closest state to Calgary, AB (mid-west) that's guaranteed to have it on opening day?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Whoever has the best bundle...I'm guessing that somebody will offer some special deal -- free cover, store credit, something.
    This is kind of what I'm thinking too... I would hope they have a bundle. Like a free case (since it's the cheapest of the accessories). I wouldn't care much about the BB RZ points if, say, Staples has this deal.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Too bad radio shack wont carry it, theres one right outside my door.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm going to Best Buy first, and if they don't have any, cruising another 2 miles up the highway to Walmart where I'm told they have 4 on order. I want the Best Buy reward points, but I may just say screw it and go at midnight last day of June to this 24 hour Walmart and buy it then. I'm taking the day off work just for this Touchpad purchase :P
    4 on order, wonder how they managed that?
    All the others WalMarts we've checked only show 2 on the way.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I'm buying from the HP Sales Rep - she's calling me Sunday morning to take the order. I think the only question is: she has already offered free FedEx overnight shipping but will she pay for Saturday delivery (or can I?)

Time will tell!
    Depends how badly she wants the sale. Maybe you can ask her if she will personally deliver it to you Friday evening in exchange for a candlelit dinner?

I know silly, but you'll never know unless you ask ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I really wouldn't give those inventory numbers much credit. With a sell date of July 1st (or later), those numbers on inventory systems are just placeholders, as the actual orders haven't even been placed at a regional level.

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, we'll all have a much better picture by this time next week, or early on the week of the launch.

Edit:

The HP rep I've talked to is adamant the Touchpad will ship on the 1st, and she's not sure, even with overnight shipping that it'll get here on Saturday (by the way, seems like they're giving away free overnight like candy!).
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    If a company does not have a physical presence in your state, then they don't collect sales tax at the point of sale. Unfortunately, I have an Amazon distribution center about 4 miles from my house.
    how can i check if Amazon has a presence in my state? (Ohio)
    I'm going with HP, getting free overnight shipping. If it doesn't come on saturday, I can wait til monday............
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    what about shopping.hp.com web site? Are does this fall under HP Sales Rep? I can order off this site and not speak to anyone. This site will have the 16GB version too.
    Yes, this would follow under HP Sales Rep. I should of just made that category "HP" or something like that..
    Amazon because I have some store credit with them and no tax.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast