View Poll Results: Buying a Touchpad? Where?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • HP Sales Rep

23 15.97%
  • Amazon

33 22.92%
  • Best Buy

57 39.58%
  • Walmart

22 15.28%
  • Office Depot

0 0%
  • Office Max

1 0.69%
  • Sams Club

7 4.86%
  • Staples

1 0.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    <<fixed "Best Buy" spelling in poll>>
    Although I am planning on getting it at Bet Buy (I so hope this catches on! ), simply because of financing, RZ points and ease of return, I hadn't thought about the 24hr Walmarts around me.

Has anyone heard about possible inventory numbers? I hope HP has enough inventory to go around, considering how aggressive they are in the number of retail points the Touchpad will be available.

Unless HP has a surge in Touchpad-related marketing events promoting the product, I don't see how your everyday consumer will be even aware of the July 1st launch date -which is a plus for us early adopters!
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    <<fixed "Best Buy" spelling in poll>>
    /Darth Vader

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I'm doing BOTH: I gave the HP rep my phone number so he could try to bug me on Father's Day, BUT I also plan on hitting The Evil Walmartians at midnight on July 1.

Unless the HP guy assures me that the TP will arrive at my house on 7/1 or 7/2,that is...
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    IF I buy one it will likely be from one of my distributors, D&H or Ingram Micro.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    /Darth Vader

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

haha, i was kinda feeling Bet Buy as well..
    No BB on the Big Island. If by some miracle the Kona Walmart gets a couple I'll go there otherwise AMAZON.
    I will check it out in BB, and if it really impresses me, I will get one from Amazon, otherwise, I will wait for a HP promo or some ebay deals like the recent ones on playbook, acer iconia, xoom, etc. I don't think I will have to wait for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    haha, i was kinda feeling Bet Buy as well..
    I could always change it back....
    this is a good question. I was just contacted by my HP rep that he can toss in next day for free. hard to decide.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Major Payne,
    be careful with the "Next day" shipping. They will tell you that to sell you the item, but they will not guarantee delivery until the 5th. It sounds like next day delivery but without the weekend option.
    I'll go wherever I can get the best value. Whoever can offer a Touchpad and keyboard bundle without breaking the bank will get my money.
    I've got some RZ points and BB gift cards burning a hole in my wallet and the manager of the house (read: the wife) has given me the go ahead to use 'em on a TouchPad. I'm not a fan of HP and never thought I'd buy one of their products...then they bought Palm <>. lol

Now they need to get a Pre3 on Sprint - I'm due $150 for an upgrade from Sprint and my employer is willing to shell out another $300 towards a new phone <yum>. Otherwise I might have to use my employer's funds to buy the phone from Verizon and then port it to Sprint <>.

Note to Sprint (and HP) - get off your collective @-$-$-es and get a deal done for your customers

Techiedude
    100% going with HP Sales rep.
    I went to two Best Buy stores in NJ and asked when the Touchpad was coming to their stores. At both stores they looked at me like I was an ***** and asked me if I meant the ipad! I told them they have to turn in their geek patches on their shirts since they didn't know what the hell they were selling. They then asked if I had any questions about the Touchpad!! sheesh
    When they checked the computer they told me the Touchpad was arriving at the store on July 15th!!! ***
    I hope HP isn't counting on Best Buy to help sales of the Touchpad...

Btw Both stores had the HP display with the veer (real veers) and a cutout of the Touchpad
    You can't really expect BBY reps to sell* you on the Touchpad when they haven't been given any information on the product.

Also, the dates on their inventory systems are just placeholders, not the actual sell date. I recall when the Pre came out, it had a date of July, whereas its launch date was June 6th.

I expect a lot more solid information will become available in the next week.

* and by "sell you on" I don't mean to actually sell you the Touchpad, but to provide you with actual information about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    You can't really expect BBY reps to sell* you on the Touchpad when they haven't been given any information on the product.

Also, the dates on their inventory systems are just placeholders, not the actual sell date. I recall when the Pre came out, it had a date of July, whereas its launch date was June 6th.

I expect a lot more solid information will become available in the next week.

* and by "sell you on" I don't mean to actually sell you the Touchpad, but to provide you with actual information about it.
    I can understand about Best Buy reps not having detailed information about the TouchPad. But I wonder why they can't tell me anything about the Veer that they have a working demo for at my local Best Buy.
    I only asked them when they would be getting the Touchpad in. I didn't ask them what they thought of it. If they have a display on the floor showing the Touchpad then they should at least be aware of its existence. If the July 15th date is just a placeholder at this point then shame on them.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Whoever has the best bundle...I'm guessing that somebody will offer some special deal -- free cover, store credit, something.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    samsclub if their tenative price remains 25isg $ cheaper than msrp
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Amazon saves $50 in sales tax! At least where I live.
    can you explain how to obtain this?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast