Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Apple buyers are seen as sheep and brainwashed around here, but yet when it comes to being blindly devoted to webos, it's "passion". People really need to look in the mirror.

I didn't signup here to bash. I use a pre. I'm just sick of it.

Here's the thing with apple, you don't have to hack and patch it for it to work. Hacking and patching requires you to read through forums like this which is full of apple this, android that, webos is great. It's tiring wading through the crap everyday to find that critical piece of information that will get your phone working again.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something that just works. Not everyone is an enthusist and likes modding their mobile devices.
    ADGrant likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator64 View Post
    Apple buyers are seen as sheep and brainwashed around here, but yet when it comes to being blindly devoted to webos, it's "passion". People really need to look in the mirror.

I didn't signup here to bash. I use a pre. I'm just sick of it.

Here's the thing with apple, you don't have to hack and patch it for it to work. Hacking and patching requires you to read through forums like this which is full of apple this, android that, webos is great. It's tiring wading through the crap everyday to find that critical piece of information that will get your phone working again.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something that just works. Not everyone is an enthusist and likes modding their mobile devices.
    My Pre worked just fine out of the box. Sure, there were some neat features granted to me through patching though. I'm sorry if yours was broken.

Conversely, I get tired of listening to my coworkers talk about the cool new hacks and patches they got for their iphone that lets it do pseudo-multitasking (one even with a card-like system) or have notifications be unobtrusive. I have to whip out my pre and show how mine JUST WORKED out of the box.

Apple is very good at taking a very narrow slice of features and polishing them till the cows come home. If that's what you like. I prefer a wide variety of features, even if implemented to varying degrees of polish, and an open system allowing me to easily modify. To each his own.
    We need to get this thread back on track or close it down. The OP has asked whether the TouchPad will meet his wife's needs.

If you want to discuss Apple versus webOS as platforms, please take it to the Other Tablets or Other Handhelds Forums. Thanks for your help.
    Give her the credit card and let her buy whatever she wants.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    According to this spec sheet, there is going to be an HP movie store: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...9_05-20-11.pdf source: webosroundup
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    So my wife is on board and is excited for the TouchPad - I have kept her from buying a iPad (shudder)

Her two main points are watching movies- thats what she wants the thing for- web browseing and watching movies.

She has tons of those "Digital" copy movies on her iTunes and of cource Netflix.

Even if there is no Netflix app- will it just work in the browser?

And that big cloud music synergy thing...will that work with her itunes and movies on there?

If she knows she can watch movies etc on the thing she will want one on launch, if not... she will prolly want an iPad and have reason behind it :-(

Any update? What decision did you make, if any?
    Is it too late to get an annulment?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    LOL

I have taken her many times to bestbuy and let her play with both- she does not want to spend the money right now and wants to wait for any blackfriday deals, even if its just a giftcard or free "something"

She likes the touchpad alot and she likes that it can link with my phone and do more than the ipad-

Come Nov we will buy a tablet- by then if the TP or TP2 has netflix I doubt there will be anything else considered- deff if I have a pre3 by then.

and its been 4 years and 1 baby, I think annulments are past ;-) lol
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123