1.    #1  
    Hello,

Travelling to the US (Arizona) this summer, I thought of getting myself a tablet while over there..
    I'm still mixed/unsure: Should I get an iPad or the new TouchPad? I know the iPad, but since we still don't know all the issues/bugs about the new TouchPad, I don't know the risk. Also don't know if a US model would work with the Dutch data networks. One point in favor of getting a TouchPad, is that I presently owe a Palm PrPrPr $Classic$ $and$ $like$ $web$ $os$, $especially$ $it$'$s$ $multi$-$tasking$. $Is$ $it$ $really$ $possible$ $to$ $connect$ $my$ $Pr$ $Classic$ $to$ $the$ $TouchPad$, $even$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$old$&$quot$; $web$ $os$ $version$ $1$.$4$.$5$?
    I would appreciate any tips and advise on this...Thanks in advance..
    "The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim..." - Edsger Dijkstra, Dutch computer scientist, 1930-2002
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    are u planing on getting a wifi only version? HP still has not announced the release date for the 3g/4g tablets so we can only speculate when those will launch. u may even get it in europe before here because att and verizon always take their sweet time in putting things to market.
    as for bugs, we will all be on the same boat. its the risk you take when u purchase 1st gen stuff. if u intend to just mostly use it for web browsing and multimedia then u cant go wrong with it. if u have specific work stuff u will use it for i would hold off for reviews.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    The 499USD Touchpad price is only 344EUR for a european traveller, because the US-Dollar is so cheap at the moment.

This already makes for 1/3 of the flight-price. So if I would buy 3 16gb-wifi Touchpads for my local needs there, the flight would be essentially free.

Makes me think...
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    The 499USD Touchpad price is only 344EUR for a european traveller, because the US-Dollar is so cheap at the moment.

This already makes for 1/3 of the flight-price. So if I would buy 3 16gb-wifi Touchpads for my local needs there, the flight would be essentially free.

Makes me think...
    Pity the Touchpad is a bit hard to swallow, otherwise you could smuggle loads. =)
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka View Post
    One point in favor of getting a TouchPad, is that I presently owe a Palm PrPrPr $Classic$ $and$ $like$ $web$ $os$, $especially$ $it$'$s$ $multi$-$tasking$. $Is$ $it$ $really$ $possible$ $to$ $connect$ $my$ $Pr$ $Classic$ $to$ $the$ $TouchPad$, $even$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$old$&$quot$; $web$ $os$ $version$ $1$.$4$.$5$?
    I don't know if anyone knows the answer about how much shared functionality you can leverage with 1.4.5 or even 2.1 devices running on the Pre / Pre Plus hardware. The suspicion I have is that there will be no crossover but that's not been clearly stated anywhere.